Page 2 of 2

Posted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:40 pm
by Busted
If you mention pnd to your ENT, he will most likely will just prescribe u a nasal spray. :?

Posted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:01 pm
by Archimonde
thanatos wrote:
I always have one nostril almost completely clogged & it alternates throughout the day.
Almost everyone who has chronic bb has that symptom.

Posted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:28 pm
by perrymason
Busted wrote:If you mention pnd to your ENT, he will most likely will just prescribe u a nasal spray. :?
Well, i went to my ENT 3 weeks ago and got prescribed anti-histamines and anti-leukotrines for allergies... :shock:

I had a blood test done, and am waiting to see the results when i go back to her for a follow up. I mentioned PND to her and she said it might just be allergies. This time, i'm going to discuss a wide range of topics! She is a really nice ENT and i know she will listen to what I have to say.

I'll talk with her about CT scans and anti biotics and what not! She'll be willing to do whatever the problem is because i mentioned the bad breath and she said the PND is obviously causing it, and then i told her about the odor coming out of my nose. She confirmed it, and said it's because the mouth and nose are connected. Well, it's obviously not allergies, this time i'll do scanning and checks for an infection, polyps, and/or anything else that could be causing it. I'm really excited about going back this time, seeing as I know she'll be able to help me :D. Busted, i recommend you go back to the ENT and ASSERT yourself. Be ASSERTIVE and polite at the same time. I mean, what does the ENT have to lose by offering you another CT scan, more antibiotics, nasal steroid sprays, and more scanning? Nothing at all, he'll just get more money from you!

Oh yea, I always have one nostril closed. They alternate throughout the day and during my sleep

Posted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:51 pm
by emotional rescue
pervy19 wrote: I've been on the activia + vitamin c + tung brush thing for a week now, and it's not helping at all :x

Just waiting to go to my ENT :]

Keep using the tung brush at least twice a day

I think it´s beneficts improves over time....

Posted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:20 am
by Need A Cure
The name of the procedure is Septoplasty, and I had it done over a year ago. It didn't help reduce/eliminate the halitosis, but it has eliminated the frequent sinus infections I was having.

Posted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:25 am
by emotional rescue
Archimonde wrote:
thanatos wrote:
I always have one nostril almost completely clogged & it alternates throughout the day.
Almost everyone who has chronic bb has that symptom.

Do you know why is that???

Posted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:36 am
by Busted
emotional rescue wrote:
Archimonde wrote:
thanatos wrote:
I always have one nostril almost completely clogged & it alternates throughout the day.
Almost everyone who has chronic bb has that symptom.

Do you know why is that???
I had this problem too, but since I had my septum surgery, it's not clogged that often anymore. My ENT told me because of the swelling inside your nose. The mucous gets trapped. Sometimes At night when you sleep, you can hear those weird sound when you're breathing through your nose.

Archimonde, were u still able to contact the woman on the french forum?