Page 2 of 3
Wisdom Tooth Odor
Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:14 am
by Humble
I am a little encouraged about the accounts of Wisdom tooth extractions. I am scheduled to have mine extracted in July 2008. I have tried with no avail, to use the Waterpik to clean my molars. Nothing helps. I don't appear to have problems with the other teeth. I have tried Therabreath, which is a temporary fix. It only works for 2 hours. I have to carry around a toothbrush, tongue scraper and travel-sized bottle of Therabreath. It doesn't seem to be anything other than a glorified bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide. If the treatment doesn't work, I am considering extracting all of my teeth and getting implants. I have avoided social situations for sometime now. If I have to go (family get togethers), I try to greet people quickly and go outside. Family members and friends are puzzled why I am not married yet, but I know that I have to resolve this issue. I am heartbroken. I start Graduate School in the Fall and am mortified of what lies ahead.
Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:26 am
by thanatos
Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:06 am
by Jimi Stein
report if there is any improvements
Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:12 pm
by nc
I had my wisdom tooth extracted about weeks ago, and I think my BB condition has improved immensely!
I never thought that my wisdom tooth was causing my BB. It or the areas aorund it never smelled(or so I thought). It's impacted - the crown was small and crooked. I know food always got stuck there but I made it a point to thoroughly clean it after eating.
When I read "Cured's" post about this, I immediately called my dentist for an appointment. His post really made sense to me. I've really been planning to have this tooth extracted anyway, not because of BB, but because it was a chore to clean it and it has no use really because it was really small to use for chewing.
Hours after the extraction, I had this feeling that my mouth was fresher than before. My PND did not taste like something anymore. I didn't want to believe that this has cured my BB - like many here I've been frustrated a thousand times before with various "fixes" and products. But after going to parties, eating food that BB sufferers like us should "avoid"(sugary, cheese, eggs, etc.), the reactions have stopped. No embarassing moments for two weeks now.
I don't have the guts to ask someone to check my breath, so I can't fully conclude that my BB is cured. What I can tell you is the reactions have stopped - the coughing, gagging, throat-clearing, etc. And please don' t tell me it is just halitophobia(you know who you are).
Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:52 pm
by Larc400
It's just halitophobia
Hth
Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:07 pm
by Jimi Stein
Dont take Larc serious, he is experimenting with meds right now

Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:14 pm
by Larc400
Jimi is right, that shouldn't be taken seriously

Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:19 pm
by Larc400
Hey, I've got a new title
From PR EXECUTIVE to MR HALITOPHOBIA.
Guess that's a degradation

Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:37 pm
by Jimi Stein
so what do you want for your title?
Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:30 pm
by daveparker
Im getting all four of my wisdoms removed tomorrow morning, I'll report on it within a couple days.
Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:48 am
by daveparker
Got them removed, bad taste is gone from my mouth and its been gone for well nearly 12 hours after the extractions, well i think, I'm tasting blood from that area, hopefully in a few days, I'll know for sure if my bb is gone or not. One would hope that my $1600 didn't go to waste.
Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:51 am
by Jimi Stein
wow that is a lot of money

Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:53 am
by daveparker
Jimi wrote:wow that is a lot of money

still got a couple grand in the bank, don't pay many bills, and am only 20...n i'm not going to sit around and wait for a miracle cure, and in the process ruin my future, i have developed social anxiety disorder and chronic depression because of this, honestly if this doesn't solve my problem, that'll be the end of me.
Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:31 am
by Larc400
Was there a problem with your wisdoms? Not fully grown out, or incorrectly grown out? Was there a smell around the wisdoms before you had them extracted..?
Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:12 pm
by daveparker
Bad taste from top ones, one was erupted, the other was not, the bottom two were impacted and coming in sideways...gums and teeth are in real good condition. They were going to have to come out anyway, im almost certain thats what was causing the bad breath.