Page 2 of 3

Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:28 am
by Larc400
I think he's saying that obsessing about bb is our biggest problem. He's got a point, but sadly, stopping the obsessing doesn't get rid of the bb. It probably makes it better though ... less stress = better saliva flow, better immune system, etc.

But still, the fact that we have those ****ing bacterial colonies in our mouths doesn't magically go away just because we stop thinking about it.

oceanside wrote:On a side note, licking the back of the wrist, theory, .... (to be continued)
... Please continue 8)

Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:52 pm
by oceanside
Larc400 wrote:I think he's saying that obsessing about bb is our biggest problem. He's got a point, but sadly, stopping the obsessing doesn't get rid of the bb. It probably makes it better though ... less stress = better saliva flow, better immune system, etc.

But still, the fact that we have those ****ing bacterial colonies in our mouths doesn't magically go away just because we stop thinking about it.

oceanside wrote:On a side note, licking the back of the wrist, theory, .... (to be continued)
... Please continue 8)
Yes, Lark, that was what I meant, obsession, is one of our problems. We can't just kick the crap out of the bacteria that product Volitale suphur compound, but you can do a few things to make the environment where they hide in the posterior of the tongue less enjoyable for them. That's the million dollar solution when some genuise scientist comes up with effective remedy to help you guys. (thank God I am cured.) no pun intended.

:lol:
Austuser, is he still around? Last year he reported that K12Bliss helped him. That's one evidenc that points to success.

For me, when I stopped using mouthwash b/c it killed every bacteria (good and bad) in my mouth for years and years, ect. ect. ect. One point I've always noticed that my mouth and saliva were as dried as the dessert. Even when I drank a gallon of water, it made very little difference b/c I believe that my saliva glands were probably not working very well due to chemicals found in mouthwash, and years of oral medication due to my diabetes and so many others for sinuses, allergy, and a few other with side effects of dry mouth.

Lark, did you ever did a pre-test and post-test on your breath with another person when you recieved the Tung brush? You need to attempt to find someone that would partner up with you. Only a real nose can give a true reading of the level of odor that emits from your mouth. I hope that makes sense.

Before I forget, licking the back of the wrist theory, yes my saliva smells "sour" and when dried it doesn't linger .

I have thick saliva now, without chronic plague build ups midway thru the day.

I don't obsessed over having to visit the site as before, even volunteered at work to do a presentation in front of 25 co workers. It was awesome. I was so proud of myself for taking the courage to move forward with my life. I've made a lot of friends since last month. Sorry to ramble.

:lol:

Anyway, I just wanted to drop by and wish you guys love and peace. It's summer for me so I have all the time in the world to hang out, take trips, and play video games-Xbox 360. \:D/

Help me to not go back to my old ways of obsessively coming on the site. I am gonna post and help out, but the same time I have to re-conditioned my "stinking thinking."

I am very happy right now. Praise God.

There is HOPE, my friends.

\:D/

Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:16 am
by austuser
oceanside, yes im still here. I did report some relief with bliss k12 a while ago but i have since discovered that any bad breath remedy is utterly useless if we continue to feed the bacteria with proteins. check out my thread viewtopic.php?t=1424

Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:41 am
by emotional rescue
oceanside wrote:
Help me to not go back to my old ways of obsessively coming on the site. I am gonna post and help out, but the same time I have to re-conditioned my "stinking thinking."

I am very happy right now. Praise God.

There is HOPE, my friends.

\:D/
good luck my friend

I´m very happy for you...

go and live your life

Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:14 pm
by halihope
So, Oceanside, who has been a member since 2006, never had bb? Is he saying obsessing over bb actually makes you have it???
OCEANSIDE I am very happy for you and at the same time I am sad to know you suffered all those months without needing to. What made you believe you had bb in the first place??

Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:11 pm
by angst-ridden
congrats oceanside for your success. can you explain what you exactly did to get cured? do you now use commercial toothpaste like colgate? and if you dont mind me asking, how did your breath smelled before? coz we all have different smells right? thanks.

Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:40 pm
by Bloorain
Oceanside, I'm so happy for you in having such remarkable success in curing this horrible problem.

Can I also ask, what's the name of the infection you had. I vaguely remember you mentioning that or am I mistaken??? And do you believe it was the Vitamin C that cured that or something else?

Thanks!

Bloorain

Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:27 am
by Archimonde
I found that Vit.C does work for about 2 weeks then nothing, even if i up the dose to 20+ grams a day, no effect whatsoever, shit smell comes back and stay.

Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:50 pm
by Busted
Strangely, I do not think oceanside ever really got cured. He just doesn't seem to really care about the whole thing anymore just like noptical.

And to be honest I care less about my bb problem too than I did a few years back.

Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:40 am
by spygirl
Hey Congrats Oceanside. I fully agree with you. I am also one of those who totally gave up on millions of things that did not work…mouthwash, nasal irrigation, etc. and upon doing so, my dry mouth went away in a zap. It was the start of my recovery. I believe that there was a time in our life when something happened to our immunity that cause us bb and being humans we immediately try to fix it with gargles, antibac/biotics, etc. that haywired it further...too much screwing that when our immunity recovers, the anaerobic bac has already claimed territory. Like you, I try to take good care of my health, do my best and leave everything to God and find that my life is enjoyable now. The only difference b/w then and now is really trusting God- totally terminating mouthwash, nasal irrigation and zinc-containing products and cherishing my body to the fullest. I had my tonsils removed but it did not help.

I find that my condition is ‘almost’ normal now- 90% mouth bb-free and 70% nasal bb-free with bb-related reaction of people around me improving to averaged >60%. There are people who think in black and white- either you are not cured or you suffer from halitophobia (‘though I am not saying that this site is halitophobic-free). There are also those who claim chronic bb but still can enjoy clubbing. I envy them as 6 months ago my bb gives me instant-but-lasting fame when I walk into places like these. Are we not all at some point halitophobic????

Good luck to you and keep your faith in Him =D> .

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:58 pm
by oceanside
austuser wrote:oceanside, yes im still here. I did report some relief with bliss k12 a while ago but i have since discovered that any bad breath remedy is utterly useless if we continue to feed the bacteria with proteins. check out my thread viewtopic.php?t=1424
:D Hello Austuser,

You are doing well. I am very happy for you, and I admired the fact that you are sticking to your goal of eating a strict diet. It's very hard to stick to a diet that you're on so give yourself a break when your body desires protein and junkfood.

JIMI, please remove the unnecessary name calling. After all, we are here as a family, community to support one another. We've suffered enough so let's forgive and forget.

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:10 pm
by oceanside
emotional rescue wrote:
oceanside wrote:
Help me to not go back to my old ways of obsessively coming on the site. I am gonna post and help out, but the same time I have to re-conditioned my "stinking thinking."

I am very happy right now. Praise God.

There is HOPE, my friends.

\:D/
good luck my friend

I´m very happy for you...

go and live your life
ER,

Thank you for your encouragement. I am living my life to the best of my ability. I've volunteered to do presentations and training at work. Unlike in the past, I was too afraid and embarrassed to put myself in social situations, but I believe in order to grow and learn I gotta do what's hard and doesn't come naturally for me.

We all possess a greater degree to show empathy towards those suffering and this BB has really made me a better person in some strange ways that I would never want to go thru it again.

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:23 pm
by oceanside
halihope wrote:So, Oceanside, who has been a member since 2006, never had bb? Is he saying obsessing over bb actually makes you have it???
OCEANSIDE I am very happy for you and at the same time I am sad to know you suffered all those months without needing to. What made you believe you had bb in the first place??
Hi,

I've always knew I had a problem with BB, I had severe allergy, two sinus surgeries. Now, the question is how bad was the odor? I've said that from 1-5, my problem was around a 3. So, I would say it's around the ball park estimation where, as the experts say, 50% of the population are at. Not too bad but, unfortunately, bad enough for someone like me who's a classic obsessive compulsive person that when I have my mind set on one thing I can't stop thinking about it. Enough to the point that I sometimes loss sleep over-thinking about it.

I agree with you. I've suffered more than I needed to. It is a shame and a tragedy that I had to endure such heartache. But that's the card that I/we were forced to play with.

This last year has been a blessing. So I am gonna live my life to the fullest.

Thanks

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:36 pm
by oceanside
angst-ridden wrote:congrats oceanside for your success. can you explain what you exactly did to get cured? do you now use commercial toothpaste like colgate? and if you dont mind me asking, how did your breath smelled before? coz we all have different smells right? thanks.
First of all, the most important thing was talking to someone. It was the hardest and most terrifying act; to ask/seek out a confidente /friend to help me gauge my breath.

It's human nature (at less for me) to focus on the imperfection rather than to look at the whole picture and appreciates the beuty. When I obessed over fixing my BB, I kept on using so many harsh methods and remedies that I did more harm to myself than good.

Once I stopped using mouthwash 3-4 times a day, constantly brushing, scraping, and regimently performed all the steps that we do everyday in front of the mirror, and focused on healing myself, things slowing begin to improved.

Now I just brush my teeth in the morning and night and clean my tongue. I hope I answered your question.

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:45 pm
by oceanside
Bloorain wrote:Oceanside, I'm so happy for you in having such remarkable success in curing this horrible problem.

Can I also ask, what's the name of the infection you had. I vaguely remember you mentioning that or am I mistaken??? And do you believe it was the Vitamin C that cured that or something else?

Thanks!

Bloorain
I do have a weak immune system. Do I think Vitamin C cured me? I am still trying to figure out that question. I think what the sugarless VC did for me was allowed my saliva glands to start working again due to harsh chemicals from mouthwash which did a lot of damage.

We know for a fact that certain mouthwash causes "drymouth" so I would have to say the absence of saliva was one contributor to my ordeal. I hope that helps.