Page 2 of 2
Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:22 am
by Eric
So how about an update guys? Did this so anything at all to improve digestion and/or breath?
Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:26 am
by Archimonde
not for me, i went thru 2 bottles, didn't see any improvement. At least i can rule out low acidity as the cause.
Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:13 am
by Bloorain
Unfortunately it turned out to be no good for me. My relative said it didnt make a bit of difference in my ordor and I ended up having too much acid and had the worse stomach pain ever. I'm on my second night of the Benadryl. I'm hoping I'll have some luck with that. Plus after having gone through that I'm sure now more than ever that my odor is coming from my nose.
Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:40 am
by sun
Stomach acid test? will an ENT perform it? Whats the procedure like? does it hurt?does it take long?
Stomach Acid Review
Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:32 pm
by VICKSTER
The HCl works for me it cured my constipation problem, I have BM everyday with this stuff. My breath is slightly better, think it helps my digestion.
Waiting for MMS to arrive. VICKSTER
Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:46 pm
by Happylife
Chomp...how is going with you?...i am waiting for your update..
Jimi, have you started taking BetaineHCL?..
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:44 am
by Happylife
A general guideline is that hyperacid states may be more in those who are younger & low acid states are more likely in those over 50 years of age...
I found this is one site..
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:34 am
by Larc400
Is there a reliable 'home test' to check if one has low stomach HCl?
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:19 pm
by Happylife
Larc...This is the first test i took..
http://www.drdebe.com/stomachacidtest.html
and the 2nd one is this( i'm going to try it)
Testing
A test, the "Heidelberg Capsule Test" is available (unfortunately few physicians have the equipment in their offices to provide it) that is capable of scientifically determining the stomach's ability to produce adequate concentrations of acid (HCL). If this test is not available to you, another "low tech" method of making a correct determination is available. This involves the use of a Betaine Hydrochloride supplement that is used as a challenge substance, when eating, to see if digestive function improves with its use.
the above info is from this site
http://www.modernherbalist.com/betaine.html
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:08 pm
by Archimonde
Are we 100% sure that low acid = bad breath?
People produce less acid as they get older, by that logic, wouldn't all old ppl have bb?
I'm skeptical.
LOW acid
Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:13 pm
by VICKSTER
Archimonde,
This has been my thoughts on the equation
Low Acid = Indigestion = Bad Breath
Constipation = Bad Breath VICkster
Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:45 pm
by DRASTIC
Any updates???????????
Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:13 pm
by sean1979
This a great post. Thanks. I have noticed when I drink vodka my breath and taste are better. Vodka is very acidic. The word, "acid" has a negative connotation and reputation I always tried to avoid it as best I can. It makes sense now. I have always had the symptoms of low acidity but I presumed ironically it was because I had too much stomach acid with all the brainwashing info and pitch thrown by the medical community. I also think (theorizing) that bismuth would be a perfect complement to more acid as well since it protects the stomach lining and kills some of the bacteria. I will try this. Thanks for the post again. There have been great relevant no bs miracle cure posts lately. You guys are awesome.
Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:50 pm
by hali_grl
@chomp
its been a few yrs has this cured you for good?