Page 2 of 6

Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:17 am
by DRASTIC
Thanks Teamzissou,

I can only hope and pray that if my HP test comes back negative then I can talk my doctor into giving me antibiotics.

I doubt he will give them out like that. So, I have a hard task ahead of me.

Good Luck to you as well.

Drastic

Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:19 pm
by girlie girl
Ok, wish me luck! I started my triple therapy today...
  • 1. Amoxcillin
    2. Prilosec
    3. Clarithromycin
[/list]

Also taking probiotics and K-12 for the mouth. I will keep a post of progress. Gosh, I wish we could just find out how to "cure" this! So much crap to go through and still to not have an answer!

Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:32 pm
by TeamZissou
Good luck Girlie Girl! I hope this is the answer for you.

I'll be starting mine the day after New Years.

Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:46 pm
by girlie girl
Day 2...

Woke up with a slight metal taste in my mouth, but that is common with the antibiotics. My mouth wasn't too bad this morning. No severe side effects yet. Stomach was gurgling last night, but everything seems normal this AM.

Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:19 pm
by halitosisux
Hey girlie girl.... GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!
TeamZissou & Snobuni, GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!! to u too when u start

Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:41 pm
by girlie girl
Thanks halitosisux!

Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:48 pm
by Snobuni
Good luck Girlie Girl, How's it going? Hope it works.

Thanks Halitosisux, I'm starting on the 2nd, just to give the alcohol from new years eve time to completely clear cos I'm taking metro.

Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:33 am
by DRASTIC
Good luck Girlie Girl. :P

Teamzissou, and Snobuni good luck to you when you start as well. :P

Drastic

Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:24 pm
by orange111
hi, this site sells mastic tablets:
http://www.burstingwithhealth.co.uk/cgi ... 3a120#a120

Mastika 500mg Capsules
Mastic ( Mastika ) Gum is a supplement containing a natural resin only found on the Greek island of Chios
It is known to eradicate helicobacter pylori
90 Capsule

they also sell magnolia tablets.
i think that we need to address the internal flora of bacteria, maybe these tablets will help.

Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:08 pm
by DRASTIC
mastika does not kill h. pylori.

You need specific antibiotic therapy to kill h. pylori.

People dont waste your money on mastic gum/mastika.

Drastic

Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:48 pm
by bbttt
Hi girliegirl, snobuni, teamz, drastic

Am gonna try the triple therapy as well
with
Omeprazole 20mg, Clarithomycin 500mg, Metronidazole 500mg.
14 days


Just one thing thou, will you taking the probiotics with the triple therapy or after.

Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:27 pm
by Snobuni
Hey bbtt,

I'll be taking probiotics during and after my HP treatment, but not 2 hours either side of the antibiotics.

Good luck, I hope it goes well, keep posting to let me know how it's going. :D

Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:28 pm
by Snobuni
I'm going to delay my HP treatment until after my ENT appointment at the end of the month.

Could I ask the other people who are trying the triple therapy, do you have nasal bb/smelly mucous? Do the antibiotics get rid of this whilst you're taking the antibiotics? How long are your treatments for, 7, 10 or 14 days?

Keep us posted about how well this works, particularly after you've finished your courses.

Good luck!

Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:29 pm
by Vivian
Just an FYI for anyone living in NYC......

I ran accross this article that where stop & shop supermarket is giving away FREE antibiotics.

Unfortunatley the more popular anitibiotic (metronizadole) is not on the list. But there are others for anyone who wanted to try the triple therapy.

http://www.1010wins.com/LIST--Supermark ... am/3591200

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:44 pm
by katie
http://h-pylori-symptoms.com
This is a very informative website on hp. Click on the free download. Interesting how he notes the gluten intolerance, as I definitely think my gut is irritated by gluten. I wonder how many on the forum are gluten intolerant?
http://h-pylori-symptoms.com