Page 2 of 2
Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:06 pm
by badtimes
do something to celebrate!!!
thats great news! anyway do u feel comfortable talking directly to people now?
or still slightly paranoid?
very happy for u!

Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:08 am
by skeptical
Thanks for the well wishes.
My celebration has been going out and being with people again. I started going back to the gym and feel really great. An interesting thing happened the other day when I was working out. This person passed by and waved his hand in front of his face. A sure sign that something smelled bad. In the past I would have thought it was me but with my focus a little clearer now I had also noticed a bad smell (body odor) coming from the guy next to me. In the past this would have shut me down completely and I would have left mid work out and literally not been able to sleep. Now that I am not so focused on my own smell all the time I notice other things around me a lot more.
Trust me, it is going to take some time to be feel completely liberated. I still have the nagging paranoia but I am trying really hard to let go of it. I am still aware when I am talking to people close up but hope someday to do this without even thinking about it.
I think that secretly a lot of people worry about bb, not to the extent that it takes over their lives like some of us, but a little uneasiness. I see plenty of people chewing gum and popping mints which I really do not think is related to a sweet tooth. And I have to say, most of the people I have encountered in my life do not have chronic bb. I have only met two and they both had terrible hygiene.
I know that I have been criticized for my posts but I truly only did this to help people. If you are sure you have a problem I strongly suggest you go to a specialist like I did. He was honest with me even though he could have easily made a buck by going along with my personal assessment. When I asked him what kind of mouthwashes he sold, he said, "I could sell you a $10 bottle of mouthwash but you don't need it." He was extremely knowledgable and I know that if I had a problem he would have been the one to solve it.
Again, I truly hope all of you find your cure. You will never be able to live your lives to the fullest unless you do.
Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:34 pm
by badtimes
check yer PM

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:56 pm
by DRASTIC
Hi Skeptical,
I hope you can now go out and enjoy your life.
Drastic
