Page 2 of 2

Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:36 pm
by Music Lady
Thanks so much for starting this post. I'm so inspired by it. I check the site at least a couple times a day just to read these two post you've started. Your tongue alone is just so convincing that diet is the answer to beating this disorder or at least a good start.

I have decided to give this diet a try - but I'm having a bumpy start unfortunately because I love food soooo much. I'm on my 3rd day.

I find I start the day off really good and by the end of the day I fail miserably. Like yesterday at noon I had a salad with a few pieces of chicken, but then I had french dressing which is bad. Of course I was still hungry like crazy by late afternoon so I had a grill chicken sandwich, with egg plant, lettuce, tomatoe and humus on wheat pita bread. I could've done without the wheat bread just to see if I eliminate it I'll get any positive results. Also I had a bag of corn chips. I picked up a box of gluten free cereal but boy is that cereal NASTY. I have to find a cereal I could eat for breakfast (no milk of course) with maybe strawberrys or blackberrys.

And it doesn't help that they have a pinkberry frozen yogurt place in my neighborhood. Yogurt is great but I know that pinkberry's is loaded w/ sugar. And its dairy.

So I'm trying - hopefully by the weekend I'll have a decent diet ironed out that I could stick to. I don't mind eating the same thing every day.

How's everybody else doing w/ trying a new diet?

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:55 am
by ithurts
Danger, Yes! I have cut dairy and sugar out of my diet.

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:25 pm
by phineas
Music Lady,
I might be telling you something you already know, but I'll tell you what has worked for me with diets. Basically, I need to be busy all the time, and I need to have my food made beforehand. I think those two things alone help soooo much with a diet. The busier I am, the less time I have to sit around thinking about being hungry. So I just find things to do and keep me busy (hiking, running, lifting weights, golfing, etc). And also, if you do have lunch, dinner, etc. with other people, pay no attention to what they say about what you are and aren't eating. They probably won't understand, so just leave it be. Just an example, my best buddy, who I'm pretty sure has never noticed my bb (just one of those people), never understands when I stop eating something (dairy, ground beef, carbs, or any of the things I've stopped eating to try and help my problem), so I just don't talk about it with him, cuz he won't get it.

Just my 2 cents, hope it helps :)

Oh yeah, and good for you, ithurts, I hope you continue to see good results!

Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:10 am
by ithurts
Free of bad breath. So free :).
I lost 4lbs in 2 weeks. I am a little freaking out today so I ate a steak.

Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:43 pm
by Music Lady
It hurts - what do you eat for breakfast? oatmeal or do you eat breakfast?

Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:23 am
by yeagermeister
It-hurts, what is your meal plan on a typical day? If it`s not to much trouble, could you list what you eat on a typical day?

Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:27 am
by ithurts
I don't eat breakfast.

Lunch:

A) Lettuce, cabbage, grilled chicken breast or wild salmon or prawns.

For days that I forget to cook lunch,

B) Tomato, Avocado, and brazil or almond nuts.

Dinner:

A) Lettuce, cabbage, grilled chicken breast or wild salmon or prawns.
B) Lettuce and grilled steak.

This has been pretty much my diet. I'm getting pretty tired of this food but not having bad breath is so awesome. I don't hide from people :)

Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:17 am
by GreenParadigm
Wow he has totally treated the problem, I believe he isn't cured... you know if he stopped doing his daily routines and went back to his old ways I'm 100% his BB would be back with a vengeance.... It's a miracle how he went from having bb bad enough to fill rooms to having none whatsoever...

I am wondering if changing my diet enough so that my feces have no smell whatsoever would help. My theory is this, if the smelliest part of me doesn't stink then my breath should be fine as well. BB is related to diet afterall, even though this is head spinning thoughts.......

My bb isn't as bad as it once was and I could be with people with little problem, I am going to try to increase my cardio as well for the coming six weeks, maybe having good cardio and the constant inhale and exhale will clear my lungs and sweat out the toxins.

I wish everyone luck, that guy did it and he really did come from hell but from the way he spoke it sounded like he flew right straight to heaven. We may not be able to cure ourselves but that doesn't mean we can't live a more satisfying life than before bb. again good luck everyone.

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:00 pm
by Danmeister
Started this no carb, sugar and dairy diet today. Ive eaten tinned tuna with salad, some roast chicken left over from dinner yesterday and had steak with two poached eggs and salad for dinner(yum). All ive been drinking is tap water and tea(pg tips) without sweeteners, I know its early and Ive tried other diets before to no avail but already my tongue is almost completely pink.

Other diets Ive tried are the lemonade diet, gluten free diet and dairy free diet with no results even after weeks. When I think about what makes my breath the worst its things like cheese, milk, chocolate, beer that sort of stuff.

Problems started when I was around 14-15 cant be sure, but its around that age when you start tasting alcohol and indulging in foods that taste good and make you feel good even though Ive always been thin and athletic. Even if I'm barking up the wrong tree this seems far more promising than gargling some expensive liquid sold over the internet that claims to cure you.

Ill comment again in a few days or so.Cheers

8)

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:31 pm
by Archimonde
Danmeister wrote:Started this no carb, sugar and dairy diet today. Ive eaten tinned tuna with salad, some roast chicken left over from dinner yesterday and had steak with two poached eggs and salad for dinner(yum). All ive been drinking is tap water and tea(pg tips) without sweeteners, I know its early and Ive tried other diets before to no avail but already my tongue is almost completely pink.
That's great, keep it up. It's nice to see people trying different diets. I think this forum should have its own section dedicated to diets.

Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:01 am
by ithurts
One thing I notice is that if I eat dinner after 10 pm, my bad breath came back.

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:59 am
by captain_cooch
Musiclady,

For salad dressing you could try avocado / olive oil / sea salt put in food processor or blender. Just randomly thought of that but I bet it would be tasty. How is your diet going ?



I just emailed the dude who made the thread asking if he had bb too or just bo. Will update if he replies...