Page 2 of 8
Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:21 pm
by halitosisux
yes, sounds promising. Will be interesting to see what everyone finds for themselves regarding actual halitosis though, inside the mouth as opposed to incubation of bacteria/saliva outside the mouth in a test tube.
You say the light seems to be working for your halitosis, but have you tried it yet without the other antibacterial measures?
Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:38 pm
by sadman
As i said in the previous post , I did not use any thing except chewing gum to increase the saliva and drink a lot of water . It's almost 1 week and so far so good . waiting feedback from some other users .
Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:52 pm
by Ice
ok I admint sounds promising.
so in UE its only in UK no other country sells this toothbrush??
the one from UK, has one blue light, and ure using 21 LED lights?? kinda strong dont u think?
and for one week u think u dont have bb anymore? can u get any confirmation form some real people??
and others what the hell are u wating for?!

try this light stuf and please report....
the LED toothbt+rus, has only LED light nothing else special about it? it doesn't spin or anything like that?...
report ... how long have u had bb, sadman, u sure its "halitosis" etch... and now ure "cured"?...
thanxss
Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:25 am
by hope4now
Here's an image from
amazon.com, which sells it:

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:21 am
by Snobuni
Ice,
The Ultra Blu toothbrush is available in the US to for $20 I think, here's a link:
http://www.walgreens.com/store/store/pr ... rod4299379 
Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:38 am
by halitosisux
sadman, I'm a bit confused.
Two days ago (7th Sept) you stated that you are still rinsing with hydrogen peroxide mouthwash. In some posts you state that you are only using chewing gum and water to increase salivation. Could you please clarify.
Please realise im not trying to dismiss anything, its just that hydrogen peroxide is very powerful against the oral anaerobic bacteria which cause the typical BB situation for most people. And no matter how good the blue light might potentially be, the hydrogen peroxide may still be the most significant thing if you are still using it.
Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:22 pm
by Ice
thanx, but i would like to buy the blue light toothbrush in Europe.
that flashlight is just an ordinary flashlight with LED lights?I'll try and look for it in my country. what specifications must I be awere of?? strenghts etch....
thanx
PS:so people, what are the results with this bluelight flashlight??? come on its 20buck!a potential cure....
Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:57 pm
by Ice
BLUE LED LIGHT CAUSE CANCER! BREAST CANCER, DIGESTIVE,GUTS CANCER- ETCH! BECAUSE IT STOPS THE PRODUCTION OF MELANIN!

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:11 pm
by john
link ?
Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:13 pm
by sadman
Halitosisux
Good question , but if you followed me since the beginning , you would have known the reason . Please read the article about Blue light and H2O2 I posted earlier . If H2O2 is a powerful bacteriocidal agent , we would have the cure already . Most of us have tried H2O2 and knew that it does not work . I stopped using it a long time ago . Blue Light is not very effective against Streptococcus Mutans but if used with H2O2, it's 96% effective . It's very effective against other black pigmented bacteria , so if we use both , we will have a better result .
Blue non-coherent light sources, such as the plasma-arc curing (PAC) light, the halogen lamp and the light emitting diode, are often used in dentistry for photocuring resin composites. Previous studies have shown that visible light at wavelengths of 400–500 nm (blue light) induced an oxygen-dependent phototoxic effect on the periopathogenic bacteria Porphyromonas gingivalis11–13 and Fusobacterium nucleatum, in which reactive oxygen species (ROS) such as hydroxyl radicals (OH·) were involved.12 These ROS have been shown to cause damage to proteins, lipids and nucleic acids.14,15 Indeed, although non-ionizing, visible light (wavelengths 408–750 nm) causes mutagenic and metabolic damage to Escherichia coli cells.16
In a recent study we found that the phototoxic effect of blue light on Streptococcus mutans, which is associated with dental caries, was lower than that on P. gingivalis and F. nucleatum.11 This is probably related to the fact that S. mutans is protected by antioxidant defence enzymes such as superoxide dismutase (SOD).17
The aim of the present study was to evaluate the possibility of enhancing the relatively low phototoxic effect on S. mutans by making use of a potentially antibacterial synergic effect between blue light and H2O2, and to investigate the mechanism involved.
Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:20 pm
by meowkity1
halitosissux I think sadman was saying he uses the peroxide whle using the lamp, and through out the day he just needs gum. I could be wrong though
As far as that flashlight with the pic it is an ordinary flashlight the outer is blue.
The one i ordered is a police blue led flashlight 450-500nm or something like that. In the dark it can detect bodily fluids, I cant wait to go around my house looking for dirty culprits.
I ordered off ebay, but there were many that were ordinary with just a blue case you want to find the one tht says 450nm
Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:24 pm
by meowkity1
So sadman does that mean it wont be effective without the peroxide. h2o2 is peroxide right?
Do you garfle first with it or do you brush some onto tongue
Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:02 pm
by sadman
I just used the Hydrogen Peroxide with the light to kill the Streptococcus mutans . I gargle for 30" . You can try the light only if you want . I ran out of H2O2 this AM and I am still OK .
Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:06 pm
by sadman
Ice
You are not extremely cool , but extreeeeemely hot

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:47 pm
by meowkity1
Ice mentioned cancer. Ill keep this in mind because I am sure I will be overdoing it. I plan on overdoing it
The other night I fell asleep way before normal on the couch, so I just went to bed without brushing
In the morning my coating was so thick and I had a soar throat.
I wouldnt be surprised if all thesee mutans on our tongue will cause cancer
Ill just have to try positive brain programming.