NOTANYMORE, you have provided lots of valuable feedback. Congratulation on finding your cure and taking the time to inform others of your discoveries and experiences. I agree with and can relate to a lot of what you say but unfortunately since you've suffered for 8 years and only made 16 posts on here your one-track mind and ignorance with regards to constructive discussions on the subject becomes apparent. But please dont let what I'm about to say detract from the effort you've put in to explain what happened to you and your opinions on the subject. I hope you can appreciate some of my constructive criticism as well as praise for what you have achieved.
NOTANYMORE wrote:I went to see my doctor about my nasal drip and was told to quit the meds because i was getting nose bleeds and I thought my PND was gone anyway. Well guess what? Yeah, since I'm not on friggin MEDS, my saliva was flowing even better and my breath was even better.
Are you sure you are not confused as to what PND actually is in comparison to simply having a dry mouth/thick saliva?
NOTANYMORE wrote:So I said to myself, HEY STUPID, MAYBE CUT BACK ON THE CAFFIENE AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS. THis was the hardest thing to do.
Compared to the efforts people make to find out their cause, this is an insult.
NOTANYMORE wrote:I can safely report that after doing this for 1 week, my tongue is pink and my breath is great!
1 week is not enough to safely report anything regarding BB.
NOTANYMORE wrote:I eat tons of protein. This alone can cause bad breath (ketosis)
Too right it can.
NOTANYMORE wrote:I was only talking about ORAL candidiasis, not any other type. Yes, people CAN get a yeast infection anywhere in/on there body but who ever heard of someone getting chronic halitosis from a VAGINAL yeast infection?
You clearly haven't the faintest idea, or this is pure ignorance on the point KeepTrying is trying to make.
NOTANYMORE wrote:The white on the tongue goes away while on the medication but comes back when finished. I believe the reason for this is b/c we ALL have yeast in our mouths......every one of us. In fact we ALL have yeast in our bodies as well. We don't all have a yeast INFECTION however, so the white comes back as part of your normal condition.
Read below.
NOTANYMORE wrote:Most people with breath problems have impeccable oral hygiene otherwise. SO IT"S NOT YOUR TEETH OR GUMS!! DON"T WORRY ABOUT IT!!
This has to be the worst piece of advice on BB I've ever seen
KeepTrying09 wrote:A relatively low percentage of people with GERD experience chronic halitosis, it's just that research is coming out which shows that the medications people take to avoid GERD (like ppi's) are much more likely to cause bad breath.
This could, indirectly, turn out to be the most important piece of information ever regarding chronic BB.
KeepTrying09 wrote:I'd say it's reasonable to assume that if you had an external yeast infection, there is a probability that you could also have an internal yeast infection as well.
True, but probably only in terms of susceptibility to candidiasis.
KeepTrying09 wrote:The point is, of course if it didn't work people are going to come back to this forum, because they are still looking for their cure. The majority of people who are cured usually never return to the forum unfortunately. I really wish they would, because it would provide a lot of hope to those people who are still suffering. That's the only reason I came here. I don't have bad breath anymore because I found my cure. I could have never come to this forum and just gone on about my life. But I decided that I owed it to people to tell them my story. I imagine it's the same reason that you came to this forum too.
I Totally agree and can relate to you there.
My general thoughts on this discussion:-
I believe that the overall coating on the tongue is the combination of many different factors. The surface of the tongue evolved into what it is for a reason. The papillae continously slough away their cells in a similar process of rejuvenation as that of the nails and hair. The balance inside the mouth between different factors such as hydration, immune health, general appetite, food types consumed, chemistry and other biological factors all determine the coating we have at any given time.
This is why doctors still like to look at the tongue for signs of local disease as well as a barometer of general health purely for the impact each of these important health related factors will have on our tongue coating.
It just so happens that the mouth is home to hundreds of different species of bacteria and types of fungus. Its no coincidence that the tongue surface has evolved into the structure that it is. The presense of these microbes are essential to our healthy functioning and any disturbance to the balance will have an impact on the coating due to unfavourable over-dominance of one or the other. Most oral hygiene measures, such as tongue scraping and antibacterial mouthwashes are actually creating this type of constant imbalance - infact that's KATZ & CO secret to their success, to get people hooked on the perpetuating cycle of usage, of ending up with an increase in coating and subsequently worsened bad breath situation (unless of course you happen to just be a typical KATZ customer you see in adverts who is only worrying about their coffee/garlic breath problem)
The thicker the coating (for whatever the reason may be) the more absorbant and anaerobic the surface becomes. That's why the mostly undisturbed far back of the tongue generally smells the worst (not because of natural levels of PND that EVERYONE has). And this may be the only reason why some who take antifungals/antibiotics feel their BB is reduced (usually temporarily) and most probably for no reason other than an improvement in any bad tastes in the mouth which have been associated with a particular case of BB.
The battle for position and prominance between bacteria and fungi is never ending. The same balance also goes on constantly inside the intestines. So of course, any disturbance through the use of medications is going to affect this delicate balance in the same way.
KT is helping people, through offering his own insight and experiences of successfully curing his own BB, leading others to make their own informed decisions whether to try these medications in the hope they may be able to mimic his success. Even though I have also voiced my opinion against this trial and error approach to using such potentially risky medications, weighing it all up, in my opinion the risks involved GREATLY outweigh the insight and potential benefit that may come out of trying them - Nothing ventured, nothing gained - People's lives are not only wasting but the torture of living in this limbo superficial existence is what people are so desperate to escape.
I just wish that there could be more activity on here, in terms of discussions and ideas. Whether it be symptoms, past experiences etc. constructive criticisms, new ideas and QUESTIONING existing concepts.
If there are no direct local disease processes going on with the lungs, stomach/esophagus, sinuses, tonsils/adenoids, teeth & gums, and standard checks have confirmed there are no liver/thyroid/diabetes/kidney/immune system (etc) problems, then in my opinion there can only be 2 other possibilities. One is a particular (and possibly as yet unidentified) enzymatic deficiency, in the same way that primary TMAU causes BB, or that there has been an unrecoverable disturbance or overgrowth of the intestinal microbial flora, for example, through the prolonged use of antibiotics, or through the impact of an undiagnosed digestive disorder, such as hypochlorhydria. I dont think hormonal changes/disturbances are a direct cause, but possibly may have an indirect or exacerbatitve affect elsewhere, such as the digestive system or even the gums (yes the gums).
I dont think its got anything to do with mercury poisoning or similar toxicity - If chronic BB could be directly caused by mercury poisoning and whatever other similar chemical poisoning from modern life, a proven connection would long since have been established - But it hasn't. But no doubt a reduction in toxic chemical buildup inside the body is likely to lead to overall health improvements and subsequent possible BB improvements. Any links between BB and mercury poisoning are probably nothing more than the increased likelihood of having a hidden rot from a failed or badly filled tooth or root canal. The more fillings, the worse the general care of dentition and maybe there is correlation between that.