Hi Iva,
It was possibly my post that you read that you read when you say 'Someone had claimed he had been cured with XYLITOL'.
Heres the link to my initial post
viewtopic.php?t=3012
I never posted a reply to this question you raised because I never saw it!! It might be an idea if you have a question, to post it on the initial thread that resulted in your question!! That way people following it via email notifications will know there has been an update!!.
Your question was not even in the same category as my original thread!! 'General about bad breath' vs 'my story'. This is the first time since joining this forum that I have ever been to the 'my story' section. I would have expected more of a 'master'.
Anyway to answer your question, you will notice from my posts that Xylitol has not worked as I thought it would, but then you would also notice that (at some point) I mention that the dentist who recommended it did not have BB as her main objective, rather oral hygiene (although admittedly she has said to some people who have emailed her that it would help with BB..........but you know, thats what she thinks, she has not researched into BB, and probably thinks there is a simple cure for BB, but I digress).
I still get reactions from people, some days better, some days worse but PERSONALLY, my mouth feels cleaner and my saliva no longer stinks (eg when I do the lick test), but again in my thread, I have attributed this change probably to the system of mouthwashes I am using NOT xylitol.
Also, I no longer have plaque buildup (again probably due to the mouthwashes, I dont know). Basically, I am still using the system as I feel I have made a step in the right direction due to the personal reasons I have mentioned above (although I am still getting reactions, so to the outside world, I am where I was!!).
I tried to put as much information on my thread, as well as what I would consider objective updates, so if you want to know what the progress was on that, then please go read the original thread.
To be honest, I now use the mouthwashes religiously every morning (except weekends when I give my mouth a rest). I chew xylitol gum (i have stock of 2 flavours), and sometimes, but very rarely now, mix xylitol in water and swish around. I find changing things around sometimes works, in that you could have a good day one day, but it wouldnt necessarilly carry on the following day.
It is a trial and error process, and you can either carry on trying to resolve it, or get fed up and try to live with it. At the moment my next plan of action is to extract a tooth that has a broken filling (an appointment is already booked for this), and then after that extract a very tricky partially erupted wisdom tooth (no date set yet), and then take stock after that.
Obviously with the results with the xylitol, I was excited and posted on here after the first good day, but have now learnt to wait at least a week to see if a possibility holds before posting, part of it was due to not understanding how these bacteria operate.
Of course, it might not have been my post that you read at all, in which case my excessive cynicism is misplaced, and I apologise. But I don't think you have found it easily if instead of posting my reply on here, I went and started another thread entitled 'Answer to Iva's XYLITOL question' in some other section of this vast website (say 'venting'!!)
PS: Hopelessone, I'm sorry but if you do ANY research on xylitol, the first thing that comes up after the benefits of it etc etc is that you should NEVER give it to dogs. For whatever reason, it affects them differently. I would challenge you to find if xylitol has ANY side effects on HUMANS!!
Therefore without even opening the link you posted, I can tell it is redundant (from the 'dosstuff' at the end).
It seems you "Gods, Super Gods, Masters and Sheriffs" have been on here for so long that you have given up trying to find something that would help with this, and instead hang aroung here waiting to shoot down anything that us the 'newbies' think of!!
I might be seeing a lifecycle trend here...... maybe by the time I am a 'God' I will be just like you......
Newbie: "I've got an idea...................."
Me:
Well, I better go check on my fantasy football team now, its the one thing I seem to be winning!!!!