Your Email Address:

First Name:

did tonsillectomy cure anybody?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
brightonguy
Advanced

Post by brightonguy »

danger wrote:do people with healthy tonsils still have slight holes? i have a slight hole on one side where if i poke my finger around i get a slight odour sometimes. when i look in the mirror my tonsils look like a healthy pink colour though. i have never as far as i am aware had tonsil stones

would people without bad breath and healthy tonsils still get a bit of an odour on their tonsils sometimes or are they constantly clean?
This sounds perfectly normal to me. Noticing a bit of adour after pressing your tonsils is common and certainly does not mean it is contributing to your BB.

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I agree with brightonguy. I can remember when I still had my tonsils, one side was always worse than the other (for both odour and stones) and yet they looked identical.

The side that didnt smell as much had a very mild throaty/tonsil/mucousy type of odour to it. The side that did smell smelled a million times worse. Pure tonsil stone odour. A bit like what comes out when you havent flossed your teeth for a while, mixed with horseshit.
danger
Master

Post by danger »

thanks for the replies

i have never had tonsil stones so i dont know how bad they actually smell. i dont know why when i had a constant shitty mouth that i never produced tonsil stones

i first noticed this slight smell on my tonsils when i had a bad cold a few weeks back and since then i have become a bit obsessed with constantly looking at my tonsils and rubbing them with my fingers
Ommang333
Total Newbie

Post by Ommang333 »

danger, i don't think people with healthy tonsils and no history of tonsil problems can blame tonsil as their source.
Ommang333
Total Newbie

Post by Ommang333 »

any other people?
danger
Master

Post by danger »

well, i just rubbed my tonsils with my finger and i got a bit of an odour. im not sure how to describe the smell. i think it might be how halitosissux described his: a throaty,tonsil kind of smell

i also feel like my tonsils are a bit smelly. if i open my mouth really wide and slowly close it i get a bit of bad taste that seems to be coming from the tonsil area.

i know this has sort of been answered but could it be possible for bad breath to be coming from the tonsils if i dont produce tonsil stones. i know i would have to go private to get my tonsils out because i dont think the NHS would take them out
cool
Junior

Post by cool »

i am not sure to what degree tonsils may affect your breath but im on the opinion that if your tonsils do have a noticable odor then they are producing stones. did you examine your tonsils thorough enough? again that doesnt have to mean that this is causing bb.

for examination of the tonsils i recommend q-tips and a spotlight. do it gently and carefull, but i would say its ok to work with a little pressure and not overly gently as long as you dont hurt your tonsils
danger
Master

Post by danger »

cool wrote:i am not sure to what degree tonsils may affect your breath but im on the opinion that if your tonsils do have a noticable odor then they are producing stones. did you examine your tonsils thorough enough? again that doesnt have to mean that this is causing bb.

for examination of the tonsils i recommend q-tips and a spotlight. do it gently and carefull, but i would say its ok to work with a little pressure and not overly gently as long as you dont hurt your tonsils
i have looked in a small mirror under lights at my tonsils and i cant see any sign of tonsil stones
cool
Junior

Post by cool »

danger wrote: i have looked in a small mirror under lights at my tonsils and i cant see any sign of tonsil stones
try to harvest a little with a q-tip, go for the places that leave a smell on the q-tip.
i could hardly ever find any stones when just looking up with spotlight and mirror, but i sometimes found them by hinging the tonsils a little aside with a qtip.
hope4now
Master
Post by hope4now »

danger wrote:
cool wrote:i am not sure to what degree tonsils may affect your breath but im on the opinion that if your tonsils do have a noticable odor then they are producing stones. did you examine your tonsils thorough enough? again that doesnt have to mean that this is causing bb.

i have looked in a small mirror under lights at my tonsils and i cant see any sign of tonsil stones
Most of my tonsil stones are smaller than a sesame seed. They are tan colored and hard to see inside the mouth. I think the tonsils stink because of the stones, not the other way around.
sun123

Re: did tonsillectomy cure anybody?

Post by sun123 »

Ommang333 wrote:Hi everyone,
I have had bad breath problem for past 10 years. With me, it started two years after having my first tonsil infection. For the first couple of years or so, I was clueless what was causing my halitosis but later I realized tonsils might be the cause. So, I went to many ENT doctor and explained my situation. All the doctors gave me antibiotics and I had this ray hope now finally my halitosis problem is going to go away but all in vain.
I have done a lot of research over the years about bad breath and I have read so many articles over the years about the relationship between tonsils and halitosis. Based on my research, what I think is chronic infected tonsil is the source of my bad breath. I am not saying tonsil is the main site of bad breath but people with infection, frequent tonsil problems and bad taste in tonsil regions, tonsil might be the cause.
I feel my tonsils are the problem of my bad breath because whenever they get infected, I have this horrible odor coming out of it.
About a year ago, I have had enough of this tonsil problem and wanted to get rid of it. I went for laser tonsillectomy despite the doctor advice that if i was so sure that tonsils was causing my halitosis problem then it is better to opt for the traditional one. After laser tonsillectomy, my problem remained the same, i kept having those tonsil infection. In the near future, I am considering traditional tonsillectomy option and hope it will cure me.
My question to members is has anobody been cured by tonillectomy? I have read so many success stories from tonsillectomy. Could you share your experience.

Ommang333
Did you ever get the traditional tonsillectomy done then? (after your last tonsillectomy).
Did it help?

Thanks
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic