Page 2 of 2
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:10 pm
by multiple causes
Well? What's the verdict? When I had mine removed, the stone smell was gone but the remaining odors were still apparent. I now use Smart Breath in the morning and before bedtime. It works better than anything I have ever tried.
Anyway, how are you doing?
Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:01 pm
by mike987
I had mine out over a year ago... Good news is the stones are gone for good. I haven't seen them since, because there's really no where for them to hide anymore. Man, those things were sooo nasty.
The bad news is it didn't do anything for my breath.... Tonsil stones stink for sure, but I don't think the smell from them can travel much further than a couple inches.
The real culprit has to be the bacteria in my gut, which might affect the bacteria populations in all areas of my body, like my lungs, or mouth. It doesn't matter if I just brushed my teeth and washed with mouthwash.. 5 minutes later when I see people, I still get reactions.
Don't feel bad if the tonsillectomy doesn't help. It probably won't, if you're like me. But, I wanna say I do NOT regret having it done... Tonsil Stones are nasty, and I'm so glad I don't have to do that twice a day cotton swab tonsil cleaning. I really wanted that to be the source of my problem, but it wasn't.. just like PND might not be the source of the problem... but could be a symptom of something much greater.
Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:11 pm
by aldrin
@ mike: I can relate with you.. same with mine i think the problem is internal.. i have my tonsil remove last year but there is still odor... BTW.. have you test yourself that if you rub your chin.. below the lower lips... and smell it... for me i smell it like cheese...