Page 2 of 4
Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:47 pm
by MissPretty
hopefulguy wrote:hey miss pretty and haligirl, is there a certain av juice that you used? Looking online I see that places like walmart have aloe vera juice, is this the same thing?
You can test the juice from Walmart. I bought mine from a health food.
Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:42 am
by deebo
I'm thinking it might be more effective and efficient to get the cactus plant itself .
Mom and Dad would just give us a small square of the fresh gooey gel . On reviews of the juice , I read people are drinking a gallon a week . I'm guessing there is major dilution going on .
Next time I go to the mexican section of the grocery , i'll get some fresh aloe and post on it . I may also pick up some juice to compare effectiveness .
Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:39 am
by hali_grl
deebo
I was thinking that the plant would be more effective too but I've heard good and bad stuff about eating unprocessed aloe but once you try it let us know how it works. It seems chewing on the plant and blending it with the enzymes in our saliva would be great for bb. I know now for sure it was the aloe that made my bb better because I went thru the 32oz bottle in 3 days and have been out since thursday and now once again bad taste and bb. I ordered 2-1gal bottles this time around to last.
oh the brand i used was lily of the desert but I ordered swanson brand this time to get 1 gal jug.
Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:29 pm
by jen
Hali_girl, didn't it give you a runny stomach? We use it as a laxative where I live.
Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:59 am
by hali_grl
Jen
It didnt give me a runny stomach i actually found that my feces was more solid instead of loose and runny.
Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:03 am
by hopefulguy
nice! I'm gonna have to give this a try, I have a GI appointment later this week so if that turns up nothing I'm going to try this.....fingers crossed!
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:59 pm
by girlie girl
hali_grl,
I just bought some aloe vera juice today and I started it. I will let you know how it goes. As for myself, I believe I have the same problems as you...LPR with PND caused by the LPR. I had started using 5-HTP awhile ago to help me sleep and I had noticed that my breath was getting better, but not gone. I had stopped using it and then I noticed the breath was bad again. I do believe the 5-HTP helps too, but doesn't completely stop it. I'm hoping with the 5-HTP and the aloe vera juice working together may alleviate most of the problem! How long before you noticed a difference?
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:24 pm
by kite
All,
Sometime ago some one had suggested the below remedy for me using AV
"I would suggest 15 to 30 ml of Aloe Vera Juice mixed with Amla (Indian
Gooseberry) Juice one hour after each meal should solve this problem of
intestines permanently provided you take light meals with more salads and
seasonal fruits and drink plenty of water as a habit.
This is as per my personal experience during the last six months."
I didn't do it though for some reason, may be i should consider it now.. it doesn't harm anyway..
BTW what this 5 HTP you are all taking abt ... please
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:33 pm
by hali_grl
I noticed results the first day I had taken the aloe juice and 5htp I felt drunk or high or something and my bad taste in my mouth was gone. I take about a cup 3 times a day. Goodluck!
5htp is a supplementation for low serontonin. Some members here seem to be cured by taking rx anti-depressants that increased their serontonin levels
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:41 pm
by girlie girl
hali_grl,
How much 5-htp are you taking? I was taking 100mg every night with Melatonin & magnesium before bedtime. I was sleeping like a baby! Some people complain of bad dreams, but I can't say I experienced that! I didn't experience any side effects really!
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:03 pm
by hali_grl
I'm taking 100 mg as well of extra strength 5htp I'm not having bad dreams either but my dreams are more vivid and I'm sleeping like a baby.
Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:18 am
by dick.karma
any updates on the aloe vera?
i saw a bottle of 5-htp last weekend and i'm inclined to buy one. has anyone tried this and did it help in any way?
Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:51 am
by deebo
hali_grl wrote:I noticed results the first day I had taken the aloe juice and 5htp I felt drunk or high or something and my bad taste in my mouth was gone. I take about a cup 3 times a day. Goodluck!
5htp is a supplementation for low serontonin. Some members here seem to be cured by taking rx anti-depressants that increased their serontonin levels
Hgrl . Are you on any type of diet currently?
Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:33 am
by MissPretty
dick.karma wrote:any updates on the aloe vera?
i saw a bottle of 5-htp last weekend and i'm inclined to buy one. has anyone tried this and did it help in any way?
Test! It keeps my bad breath under control. I stop with them, it will probably return
5htp
Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:52 am
by OverBB
I read that 5HTP can make you lose your appetite and lose weight, has anyone found this? I'm interested in trying 5HTP as well as the AV juice but I'm trying to gain weight.