Page 2 of 4

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:21 pm
by clara0
deebo wrote:hey there clara . Great to see you back
:mrgreen:

I will for sure try this garlic sinus trick . Maybe this means sinus fungus ? hmm ..
Clara , how about the drops we talked about ? The garlic works better i assume . very simple and seems like an effective way to fight fungus . Remember to wash the cloves ,because garlic can have their own special fungus's growing on them :D


'Skunkhugs' support group on Skype
Thanks deebo :) Actually those drops worked for me for a while and then lost their power like many other methods but I still have a bottle in the refrigerator for the emergency situations when I need to eliminate bb instantly. but I have read that bacteria/fungus cannot get resistant to garlic so it should work better.

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:30 pm
by clara0
@stressout
Thanks for your feedback I hope it works for the others too, the interesting thing is that X-Rays also showed nothing for my friend so for a long time she spent money on other methods to cure her bb and she did not know the smell is from sinuses.

@Mike
Yes, just put two small slices of raw garlic there…very simple :)
Actually I did not try other method myself but I saw a video in you tube that a man made some garlic juice and irrigated his sinuses with it. But For example in my case the frontal sinuses are infected I don’t think that irrigation can reach there.

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:58 pm
by halitosisux
I remember taking garlic capsules once that I bought from a health shop.
I seem to remember that inside the capsules was liquified garlic.
I wonder if breaking one of these open and pouring it into the nose would help?

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:35 pm
by stressedout
mike987 wrote:
stressedout wrote:there is a whole difference between how i felt and how i feel now. many things. you would know. a person who has had this issue for a while would know when they feel NORMAL. even in the morning. and pls dont question me for reactions and all that :) take care.

Not ready to face the truth?

I'm not saying that to be critical.. I could understand if that were the case.
no, what that meant was when YOU will be the one to tell yourself that you are bb free as you will know it deep down, watching for any reaction will be a thing of past, that's when the freedom is achieved.

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:48 pm
by clara0
@halitosisux
I believe that all kind of tablets and capsules have additives to preserve them so I think using fresh garlic is safer, another thing is the strong aroma that fresh garlic has and it can travel inside the nose and sinuses and make us to sneeze, the liquid in the capsules has lost the aroma and spiciness most of the time.

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:19 am
by deebo
clara0 wrote:@halitosisux
I believe that all kind of tablets and capsules have additives to preserve them so I think using fresh garlic is safer, another thing is the strong aroma that fresh garlic has and it can travel inside the nose and sinuses and make us to sneeze, the liquid in the capsules has lost the aroma and spiciness most of the time.
a fellow home wine maker asked me how to get rid of fruit flies , i told him "Basil" . He bought like 3 shakers of the stuff and spread it all over his place . But the fruit flies were undeterred . So he tells me what he bought and did .. i'm like "oh .. Live Basil " .

I think there is a World of difference in the properties of dried ,packaged things compared to when they are fresh and living . I'd say there is more bang for your back with the fresh stuff.

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:06 am
by halitosisux
I really believe remedies like this can work. Good point tho deebo. But I don't think it would harm to also try using what's in these garlic capsules as well as using fresh cloves of garlic.

These capsules usually contain concentrated extracts of whatever is known to be beneficial. Plus, in more liquified form it might be able to reach further into the nose where the natural sweeping action might prevent it reaching.

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:45 am
by halitosisux
@Clara, the vapours are likely to be important, of course. But the nose has a mechanism of tiny hairs which transport and sweep mucus in the general direction of the throat. When an ENT wants to check the functioning of this mechanism, they use a tiny tablet containing a sweetener which is placed into the nostril where it slowly dissolves. If things are normal you start to taste the sweet on your tongue after about 15 minutes.

But these tiny hairs can become dysfunctional, if there's tissue damage from any abnormal situations, chronic infection, from toxins and smoking etc. So need to do everything to maximize the potential of garlic and utilize it as effectively as possible.

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:56 pm
by mike987
I put a huge slice of garlic in each nostril for about 20 or 25 minutes.

Didn't seem to do anything. I think my sinus way is just very tight... I'd like to have that widened some day... or have a doc who cares actually go in there.

Actually, I would LOVE to control an endoscope up my own nose..
Anyone know if you can buy those used? Just a small one. Would be fascinating.

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:03 pm
by Phantasist
Thanks, ClaraO and Stressedout,

I will try the garlic slices in my nostrils.

I strongly suspect mucus buildup in the throat, caused by post nasal drip,caused by some problem in the sinuses. There is an obvious connection between sinuses, throat and mouth, so this makes more sense to me than all the talk about hormones and diets.

Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:32 pm
by lost1234
Anybody have any positive feedback on the garlic? Especially if you suspect sinus issues as a cause

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:39 am
by deebo
mike987 wrote:I put a huge slice of garlic in each nostril for about 20 or 25 minutes.

Didn't seem to do anything. I think my sinus way is just very tight... I'd like to have that widened some day... or have a doc who cares actually go in there.

Actually, I would LOVE to control an endoscope up my own nose..
Anyone know if you can buy those used? Just a small one. Would be fascinating.
you may find that some garlic bulbs are so powerful while some can burn the tongues like hot pepper . They vary .
For opening the narrowed sinus passage i just recently saw a commercial for a new product that targets this . Cant recall the name though but it was said to not affect mucus or anything , just the sinus passage .
I see endoscopes on google shopping Mike . They don't seem to terribly expensive either . I'll be some other members might pitch in to share it =)
http://tinyurl.com/6pufcqa

skunkhugs on skype

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:25 pm
by kite
STressdout, mike, clara or anyone who tried garlic in the nose, could you please advise how inside of the nose you tried to keep it without the pieces getting sucked in during normal breathing & out process & need medical intervention.. sorry if i sound scary i have a bad experience in childhood where i kept a piece of chalk in the nose & was sucked deep inside the nose while breathing in & had to rush to doctor

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:24 pm
by mike987
I cut a clove in a couple slices, but it still was as long as the clove in length. I didn't cut that down. So I had a thin but long slice. Stuck them in each nostril. They were rather large, but I figured, the more the better.

It didn't work for me, btw.. The garlic was burning after awhile, but it just didn't do anything for me.

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:53 pm
by Tibya
mike987 wrote:I put a huge slice of garlic in each nostril for about 20 or 25 minutes.

Didn't seem to do anything. I think my sinus way is just very tight... I'd like to have that widened some day... or have a doc who cares actually go in there.
You may want to try heating garlic in a pan (slow heating so that the garlic releases its aroma) and inhale the fumes (not the burnt fumes, you should know when to get rid of the already used garlic and put the fresh new garlic in pan to get the benefits). Fumes will reach in easily, I guess.
I haven't tried this, but just a suggestion. Try it at your own risk.