Page 2 of 3
Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:35 pm
by FedUp
I have read nothing but bad reviews about the Therabreath products. those may help people who "suffer" very low level BB that can only be smelt from like an inch away. Not us stinkers who can fill offices and rooms.
Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:41 am
by daan
I was thinking that I did not have PND but now I think I am wrong. PND sometimes do not go down the nostrils but go straight to the throat in case of ethmoid sinusitis, sphenoid sinusitis or intrinsic rhinitis. As I do not experience PND through my nostrils or have any irritation in my throat, that is the reason why I have overlooked PND, even my ENT said it's unlikely to be the cause of my bb. I do have PND deep in my nostrils and CT scan show chronic sinusitis in all kind of sinus.
My PND does not smell but as Halitosiux say, it is likely to create ecology for some bacteria involved in our bb. PND is not the cause of bb but it directly support bb. And bacteria change when the ecology change, Dr Aydinmur said. So the point maybe PND
But weird thing is that, when I got a cold, I mean thick and sticky mucus in my throat, runny nose,ect. my bb disappears and even tongue does not smell!!!
Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:54 am
by ruch
i find when i have a cold, i cannot smell my own bb... due to sinus issues. you might still have it but think you are okay.
Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:23 am
by daan
Here are my CT scan and ENT endosopy. I think they are not clear because I scan them, not get the CD room from the hospital
I do have - Concha Bullosa (right)
- Chronic rhinitis/sinusitis
- Contact - point
- Deviate septum
Should I ask for an operation to correct these? As I feel all these problems do not affect me at all (will not know if do not got CT and endoscopy) and I do not know if bb is due to these
I think I have Type 1+ 2 bb, because zinc toothpaste alone did work just for some minutes after brushing but later bb is just as it used to be. There is always smell like amoniac somewhere from my throat, then turn to rotten egg or sewage or toxic.
Have anyone came to Istabul to meet Dr Aydinmur yet? I think I should save money to come and see him once
Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:27 pm
by daan
I am now running out of direction and do not know what to do next.
After a long time of hesitation to use antibiotics, I recently tried Amoxillin and Metronidazole for 2 weeks. The course stoped 1 week ago and my bb is coming back. So my problem is bacteria, but antibiotics is not the appropriate cure.
Maybe the immune system is the one last thing to work on but it is also the hardest part... and also maybe there is no cure for some certain type of bb with no medical reason, just as a natural scent of a body due to their ecology and the only problem is that it smells!
Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:23 pm
by Born To Suffer
when I got flu, bb also temporarily disappear.
Can't see the pictures.
It could be from the paranasal sinuses. If you have mucus building up, it's a good idea to get it cleaned out if you have the money.
The ENT will widen your holes leading to the nasal passages, allowing air to flow in and mucous to flow out.
I myself am not cured, but getting my nasal passage cleaned is very helpful.
I don't break out as much on my face, I can breathe better.
My deviated septum is really high, and the ENT said there wasn't a need to fix it. So yea talk to your ENT.
Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:02 pm
by Phantasist
Daan,
From what you have told us, you do have POST-nasal drip, which goes down your throat. This mucus accumulates in your throat and turns stale because it is never removed. It is like garbage sitting in your garbage pail and is never thrown out. Imagine the smell! When air is exhaled it has to pass through the part of your throat that contains the mucus, so naturally it picks up the odor from the mucus and comes out of your mouth.
Many of us seem to have this problem and doctors and dentists are not even aware of it because they don't even bother to examine our throats.
Try to clear as much mucus out of your throat as possible. I do it with my head bent down and coughing up while contracting my throat muscles. Flush the rest of it down with hot water. Do it once or twice a day. Of course the post nasal drip will always drain fresh mucus into your throat, but fresh mucus doesn't smell bad until it turns stale. If you cannot cure your sinus problem, this will at least help somewhat.
Posted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:17 pm
by daan
Born To Suffer wrote:when I got flu, bb also temporarily disappear.
Can't see the pictures.
It could be from the paranasal sinuses. If you have mucus building up, it's a good idea to get it cleaned out if you have the money.
The ENT will widen your holes leading to the nasal passages, allowing air to flow in and mucous to flow out.
In the past 11 years, whenever I got flu, bb definitely temporarily disappeared, no bb and no smell on my tongue and I felt my mouth is very clean. It is strange! I also read someone on bb forum in my country experienced the same. For sure it is not because my sense of smell. Maybe bacteria from the flu suppress bacteria causing bb or the flu just activate my immune system...I don't know...and what I should do from this clue?!
Posted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:43 pm
by daan
Phantasist wrote:Daan,
From what you have told us, you do have POST-nasal drip, which goes down your throat. This mucus accumulates in your throat and turns stale because it is never removed. It is like garbage sitting in your garbage pail and is never thrown out. Imagine the smell! When air is exhaled it has to pass through the part of your throat that contains the mucus, so naturally it picks up the odor from the mucus and comes out of your mouth.
Many of us seem to have this problem and doctors and dentists are not even aware of it because they don't even bother to examine our throats.
Try to clear as much mucus out of your throat as possible. I do it with my head bent down and coughing up while contracting my throat muscles. Flush the rest of it down with hot water. Do it once or twice a day. Of course the post nasal drip will always drain fresh mucus into your throat, but fresh mucus doesn't smell bad until it turns stale. If you cannot cure your sinus problem, this will at least help somewhat.
I will see my ENT soon to see if she has any other ideas... But from my point of view, my sinusitis is not the reason of my bb, it does have something related but not the root. I have PND if I look dip into my nostrils as the result of ethmoiditis (mucus thickening), but actually it does not irritate me at all. No nasal congestion, no mucus in the throat, no runny nose...
However, still, I will see my ENT and applied other remedy for sinus-related problem.
Currently, I do jogging and sunbathe every early morning, eat healthy diet, increase green intake, sleep enough long time. Just see if my body itself might do anything in the long run
I do not dare to have hopes anymore, friends!
Posted: Fri May 31, 2013 3:21 pm
by halitosisux
Are you saying it's only your BB you (yourself) can't smell during flu or does this apply to any smells?
If it applies to all smells then isn't it simply because of the typical impairment of the sense of smell that usually accompanies flu?
I can never smell a thing for days even with a simple cold, and it would always give me the impression my BB was no longer there because I couldn't smell (or taste) anything.
But if your BB comes from somewhere in your nose or sinuses then if these areas are blocked up then odours might temporarily be unable to escape?
Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:03 pm
by daan
Went and see my ENT today after finishing a course of antibiotics. She suggested me to have sinus endoscopic surgery. It could be the day after tomorrow but I need time to arrange my job so I appointed the surgery in next month. The surgery will be FESS + concha bullosa + deviate septum.
I asked her why I have sinusitis with no apparent symptoms and she said my nasal passages are blocked so that I can't feel PND. It is said that sinusitis are likely to come back after the surgery but I will try it to my best, I have no choice in this life-long and bloody battle.
Will report to you...
Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:05 pm
by halitosisux
daan did you wait a while after using these toothpastes before you gargled with the chlorhexidine?
You need to wait an hour because toothpastes will deactivate the chlorhexidine otherwise.
You need to make sure that the entire surface of your tongue is bathed for at least a minute with the chlorhexidine. Your sense of taste will feel messed up, but that wears off after a while and all you'll feel is a nice cooling effect that lasts for many hours.
Use a tongue scraper to lightly brush in the zinc containing toothpaste.
Do this whole process in the morning and before you go to bed. Also, use a waterpik to blast away any bacterial reservoirs around your gums.
This would only work on Type-1 BB, so the fact you had fresh breath all day on the first day you tried this is promising. Keep trying with the chlorhex! It's certain to at least help you if you can get the most from it's potential.
Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:08 pm
by halitosisux
daan, sorry, my reply was written in response to what you said about chlorhexidine, which you seem to have deleted and made a completely different post.
Good luck with your surgery.
Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:00 am
by danielehall21
Hey..I had an accident 7yrs back and hurt my mouth seriously. Due to this 3 of my teeth in the lower front jaw were seriously damaged and later they had infection. I got them treated at that time only. My dentist drilled holes in those teeth and removed the infection. They have been fine since now but from past one month they have started becoming brownish (only the part where the drilling was done). Also i feel bad breathe almost whole of the day. Is there any connection between these two.? What can be done to cure this? Please let me know.

Thank you.

=================================================
Alginate ||
k file
Re: My bad breath case and your opinions please
Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:12 am
by who farted?
quote--Dentists all said my teeth are ok although I have many fillings due to not good oral hygiene in my childhood. My dentist refused to replace the black fillings since my teen with the white fillings as the procedure can damage more my dental pulp/nerve. No bad mell when I floss or on any specific tooth. Three wisdom teeth were removed, and going to have the last one removed soon.
I too never had good oral hygiene in my childhood/teens this seems to be the case with other members in this forum too,have you got any receding gums?