Page 2 of 2
Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:02 am
by Stankie
....
Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:48 pm
by peter85040
BTW Bliss has been spamming us and have been cought, so a person with low post count and sudden cure should be taken lightly with a grain of salt[/quote]
I was just trying to be helpful. I understand the skepticism however. blis wasn't the only product I mentioned, just the one I use more. I won't post about products anymore.
Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:40 pm
by halitosisux
Stankie does this mean you now believe that tonsil stones/skank is the result of crypt-accumulated bacteria/debris/bacterial by-products in the mouth, or do you still believe that it comes purely from the lymphatic system?
Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:57 pm
by halitosisux
Ruch, try putting straight chlorhexidine mouthwash into a hydroflosser.
If you ever get any odours appear on conventional string floss, I guarantee that you won't after you try this for a few days.
Just rinsing with chlorhexidine is not enough. Not even syringing is enough. Hydro-flossing with plain water is also not enough. You have to blast your gums with it through a hydroflosser. I don't know how possible it is to do this with tonsils too, but I wouldn't be surprised if it works for them too (I no longer have tonsils).
I don't know if this can ultimately damage a hydroflossing machine, but i've been doing this for months with mine and not had any problems at all.
I honestly don't know if it's ever normal to have floss odours or not. I've always had odour from mine, but I sure do not have them any more, even if I go for a week without chlorhexidine-hydroflossing.
I think it's vital to ensure that you attack every bacterial hiding place. Don't underestimate the gums if they ever produce any odours when you floss.
Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:04 pm
by halitosisux
I forgot to mention..
I would always get pain when using a waterpik with plain water when I'd do my top front teeth, on the inner gum. I just thought it was normal, that the pressure might have been too direct or too high for these particular teeth. But that pain has completely gone since hydro-flossing with chlorhexidine.
I don't know if this is because something was eradicated, but the pain has completely gone. Unreal.
Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:28 pm
by Stankie
...
Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:24 am
by ruch
halitosisux wrote:Ruch, try putting straight chlorhexidine mouthwash into a hydroflosser.
where i am (canada), chlorhxidine is only available as a prescription. a bottle that would fill the machine would cost me $50 just to irrigate all my my gums thoroughly. i can't afford to do this. how much do you pay for the stuff?
also, if you get odor between your gums, it prob means you have active periodontal disease, so would be good to get checked out by a dentist to reduce the issue. i have had this problem for a long time (resulting in deep pockets) but i usually don't have odor when i floss since the disease is in check.
Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:38 am
by StillHoping
hey ruch! I am also in Canada. Your best bet would be to buy corsodyl off ebay.ca. There is a British seller on there that sells it for pretty cheap!
I was able to get 3 bottles, including shipping and everything for around $50!
Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:11 pm
by halitosisux
Ruch, you may be right, that flossing odours always signify a level of active periodontal disease, especially if the same spot keeps producing the same odour every day(which would rule out a simple trapped piece of food debris between two teeth).
My dentist says my gums are ok - but I don't trust any dentist when it comes to understanding bacteria and BB.
I'm still trying to figure things out. My BB has only ever been type-1, so I'm only referring to type-1 BB. For me, it's a war with bacterial hiding places. I've had major issues with wisdom teeth, and dealing with one of them resulted in a massive improvement. But I also have PND, I also have a remaining wisdom tooth which produces some odour still - but NOT since I started blasting it with chlorhexidine through my waterpik. And it was the amazing result of doing this which encouraged me to try it on the rest of my gums and to my surprise it completely eliminated any flossing odours I would normally get with conventional string floss. Ordinary hydroflossing with water did NOT achieve this in the way chlorhexidine blasting has done.
Of course, it may simply be that chlorhexidine is managing to adhere to the surfaces in my mouth and provide a continuous antibacterial action. But, whatever the reason, this is the freshest feeling I've ever known in my mouth - and it's been going on for months.
I hope you manage to obtain some following StillHoping's great advice.
Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:22 pm
by halitosisux
Forgot to say..
I don't know how stupid this is.. but I recycle my chlorhexidine.. I use the same 100ml for about a week. As I'm hydroflossing I keep my mouth closed and my mouth fills with the solution and once it's full I stop and empty my mouth into a container. I then pour it back into the the waterpik reservoir and start again. When I've finished, I use a gauze type filter thing I've made to remove any debris from the solution, and then store it for the next day.
It's a bit gross I know, but I think I've got a system that seems to be working. Chlorhexidine is quite expensive. I use Corsodyl alcohol free, which in the UK is about £5 a bottle (500ml I think)
I also use some chlorine dioxide toothpaste afterwards to try to prevent chlorhexidine staining (which is not permanent and easily scraped off)
Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:15 am
by sadmum
who farted? wrote:Stankie,Sadman do you eat chocolate?,i find this to be a major player in stone production
I no longer have tonsils, took them out a looong time ago. I do eat chocolate but only when it's "that time of the month"!
And btw I'm a sadMUM not a sadMAN! I thought the picture would've made that obvious! Just wanted to clarify that!
Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:26 am
by sadmum
@ halitosisux....doesn't your mouth taste weird after using chlorhexidine? I only used it a couple of times and then I stopped because it altered the taste in my mouth and it just felt yuck! In saying that I've been using the Oral B toothpaste you suggested and it's had a significant improvement on my bb! So I might try using the chlorhexidine in my hydrofloss machine and see how I'll go.
Do you pour the whole bottle in the reservoir?
Thanks
Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:26 am
by halitosisux
Sadmum, glad to hear the zinc lactate is helping someone else. You're the first person to report back with a positive effect.
Yes chlorhexidine will alter the taste in your mouth. I think it burns the taste buds a little when it gets onto your tongue, but it wears off if you use it every day and your taste will almost return to normal.
I don't pour the whole bottle in, but there's no reason why you shouldn't. I use 100ml at a time, just so that I throw it away after about a week and start with a fresh 100ml. My mouth (believe it or not lol) only has about 100ml volume so using 100ml at a time allows me to just manage to do each row of teeth at a time.
Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:03 am
by who farted?
sadmum wrote:who farted? wrote:Stankie,Sadman do you eat chocolate?,i find this to be a major player in stone production
I no longer have tonsils, took them out a looong time ago. I do eat chocolate but only when it's "that time of the month"!
And btw I'm a sadMUM not a sadMAN! I thought the picture would've made that obvious! Just wanted to clarify that!
sadmum lol,stay cool babe we all in same boat here,so are you still getting stones from somewhere
Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:55 am
by ttlxman
halitosisux wrote:Sadmum, glad to hear the zinc lactate is helping someone else. You're the first person to report back with a positive effect.
I actually switched to the Oral B toothpaste with zinc after I read that post quite awhile ago. It helps a lot. Now I just need to find zinc lactate in gum form..