Page 2 of 2

Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:16 pm
by Bear44
So the antacids don't even stop the reflux? They just lower the acid levels?

So even if I take them I'm still going to have reflux, but it just prevents the acid from 'burning' my esophagus?

Just seems pointless to take them...Like a band-aid...Even if I take them I'm still going to have my problem (assuming this is what's causing my bad breath). The real problem is the reflux, not the acid from the stomach. These pills will do squat then for my problem...

Freakin band-aid heathcare...

Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:21 pm
by compor
In mild cases, the following relatively easy lifestyle changes might reduce symptoms.

(source: www.webmd.com)
Eat smaller meals more frequently throughout the day.
Quit smoking.
Put blocks under the head of your bed to raise it at least 4 inches to 6 inches.
Don't eat at least 2 to 3 hours before lying down.
Try sleeping in a chair for daytime naps.
Don't wear tight clothes or tight belts.
If you're overweight or obese, take steps to lose weight with exercise and diet changes.
Don't eat within 3 hours of bedtime. This allows your stomach to empty and acid production to decrease.
Avoid fatty or greasy foods, chocolate, caffeine, mints or mint-flavored foods, spicy foods, citrus, and tomato-based foods. These foods decrease the competence of the lower esophageal sphincter (LES).

I think you should see a gastroenterologist before moving forward with this acid reflux issue. There are many tests to be done to help with the diagnosis and to see the severity of your case. To name a few: barium swallow, pH monitoring, endoscopy.

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:51 pm
by sun123
to whatidido


did your surgeries help?

are you cured or made improvement?

thanks