Page 2 of 5

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:04 pm
by HappyDays
http://abchomeopathy.com/forum2.php/18585/

Just copy and paste. I went there before I was here. I didnt know about my tonsil stones then so I found a nice home here where everyone was trying to get relief from general BB.

So many people on that site sound like they do here but they seem to get relief and dont sound as fustrated as people here. I like this site better cause its more information about lots of things and I relate to everyone here with the fustration and stuff.

There is about 40 pages of talk about the same thing and I read thru them all and once I found my stones. It only makes sense that one should get a little relief by removing tonsils if everything else is fine.

I had pnd but eliminating dairy and other foods and smoking has cleared that up completely and I too dont have allergies. We shall see.

Note to tonsils and stones : You have 10 days to play around then I shall have my fun!

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:09 pm
by Chris28
Thats the site I read months ago but then could never find again!! Tonsil stones...what a pain in the ass. Why are doctors so behind with this when clearly alot of people suffer with them?

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:13 pm
by HappyDays
I think its cause if they can keep you coming back then they get more money.

Should be an easy fix. Almost too easy for the doctors to make money.

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:22 pm
by HappyDays
Here is the better link which discusses tonsil stone removal for over 80 pages.

http://abchomeopathy.com/forum2.php/2533/

Great link to read thru if you plan on having tonsils removed cause ever question is covered.

Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:16 pm
by Chris28
Thanks for the link. Seems a ton of people suffer with these cheeseballs :-k

well for me its9 days after surgery and I think I can leave the painkillers behind now..no more pain. Also I can breath alot better too and there dosent feel to be all that post tonsilectomy mucus crap that you produce. The only times I experience difficulty is in the mornings: throat is sore and tight, tongue feels rough and coated, and breath usually the worst. However after a warm drink and brushing teeth and tongue I feel alot better. There is a white coating all over the back of my throat and I am looking forward to this clearing up. However my tongue is very pink O:)

I have not used any mouthwashes since my tonsils were removed as I fear they might really burn the healing area.

Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:03 am
by hopeful
This sounds exciting Chris. I hope this was the surgery you needed to kick bb out of your life! Looking forward to your followups.

Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:41 pm
by Chris28
Day 10: Tongue looking good and white coating at back of throat significantly reduced however "new" taste still present. Waking up is no longer a problem and throat dosent feel half as bad as used to in the mornings.

Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:35 pm
by FullOfHope
Chris28 wrote:Day 10: Tongue looking good and white coating at back of throat significantly reduced however "new" taste still present. Waking up is no longer a problem and throat dosent feel half as bad as used to in the mornings.
Hi Chris, (totally new here but great site Jimi).
The damn things grew back so had second tonsillectomy 6 days ago, I'm 4 days behind you. So painfull, must be crazy to go through this twice in one lifetime!
Can't seem to remember, the first op was 30 years ago and I wanted to ask you about the new taste you've now got. I've got a terrible taste/smell in the back of my nose now every time I swallow or breathe out through my nose which is worse than the bb I had before the op. I'm assuming it's the mucous and dying skin in the back of my throat that's causing it. The taste/smell I've acquired is very similar to the old tonsil stones smell is yours the same?
Glad to hear you're feeling better, hope I will follow you just as quickly!

Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:29 pm
by Chris28
They grew back? That is the last thing I needed to hear right now.haha. Well done for putting yourself thru a 2nd operation tho. It wasnt nearly half as painfull as i read it would be and my pain was most severe on days 4-7 then it passed O:)

My "new" smell is now only prevalent on waking up and hours after brushing my teeth now as opposed to it being constant like before. The taste is vaguely like the old smell but it is not as thick/heavy as my old tonsil stone smell-it is more like meat that has gone bad but probably not as bad as that sounds.lol.

did you get the tonsilectomy because of tonsil stones?

Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:56 pm
by FullOfHope
Chris28 wrote:They grew back? That is the last thing I needed to hear right now.haha. Well done for putting yourself thru a 2nd operation tho. It wasnt nearly half as painfull as i read it would be and my pain was most severe on days 4-7 then it passed O:)

My "new" smell is now only prevalent on waking up and hours after brushing my teeth now as opposed to it being constant like before. The taste is vaguely like the old smell but it is not as thick/heavy as my old tonsil stone smell-it is more like meat that has gone bad but probably not as bad as that sounds.lol.

did you get the tonsilectomy because of tonsil stones?
Yes you're right, the smell I have now is like meat gone bad but it's there all the time - awful. Hope it goes soon.
Don't worry Chris, my consultant says it's highly unlikely for tonsils to grow back - just my bad luck I suppose. When I realised they were growing back I thought I hadn't got a cat in hell's chance of getting anything done about them, it was hard enough the first time round to make someone in the medical profession take me seriously. I think the only reason he listened to me was because his had partly grown back also (how lucky! what was the chance of that?)
Mine had been growing back for approx 3 years and they were only small but I could see all the old signs starting up again. Sore throats for no reason sometimes with awful pain in my neck. Bad breath again especially first thing in the morning.
My reason for having the first op done was because of tonsil stones, although I had to put all the emphasis on the recurring bouts of tonsillitis. I was too embarrassed to talk to him about the stones. The op cured my bb and all the throat problems completely.
This second time around I had the tonsils out before the gunge inside them had a chance to turn into solid matter. I would get what can only be described as like a small boil with a head on it. The tonsils were relatively new and didn't have any crevices like before. I would press the tonsil and it would burst like a spot. Ugh disgusting, it was the unmistakable smell and taste of tonsil stones except in liquid form! That's why I personally think that the stones are formed from within and not anything to do with food being trapped. I think they manufacture themselves in the same way as any spot or boil on the body.
My consultant doesn't think this latest op will cure my bb, and I have to admit that I'm sceptical. I'm not sure if it is my tonsils causing it this time but I have to start somewhere in trying to find a cure for it. Only time will tell if I did the right thing.
Telling you all this in case it helps anyone else out there. We're all in this thing together.

Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:43 pm
by Chris28
Wow. So did the first tonsilectomy improve your breath and eliminate the stones? You also mention that you primarilly used tonsillitis as the reason for the operation over tonsil stones..do you live in the UK? Because that is exactly what I did to ensure I got treated

Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:51 pm
by FullOfHope
Chris28 wrote:Wow. So did the first tonsilectomy improve your breath and eliminate the stones? You also mention that you primarilly used tonsillitis as the reason for the operation over tonsil stones..do you live in the UK? Because that is exactly what I did to ensure I got treated
Yes stones completely disappeared along with the bad breath, I haven't had any stones since (just this liquid stuff recently). Best thing I ever did - improved both my confidence and health no end until the past 3 years and that's why I'm assuming it's my tonsils again. Don't mind if it is the tonsils again so long as it works, it's worth all the pain and would go through it as often as it takes because my result was so incredible. If this op lasts another 30 years like the first I'll be too old by then or dead!
Yes again, I live in the UK and I found that doctors don't want to know if you're just complaining about bb. The truth is that prior to my first op 30 years ago I was getting tonsillitis every 6 to 8 weeks anyway and focused his attentions on this. My tonsils were like big walnuts, I would only have to cough and the stones would come out and then they would bleed.
I think it's possible that bb can sometimes be caused by more than just one thing. In my case it was just the tonsils and the op gave me a complete cure for almost 30 years. The fact of the matter is that if you've got tonsil stones you've got bb, there's no escaping that, and having the tonsils removed will be a huge part, if not all of the cure. It's a very positive step.
I hope your op gives you the same result as mine did - I'm sure you won't regret it for one minute.

Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:35 pm
by Chris28
Your last post has filled me with hope, thank you. I did this because what little confidence I had left (after being quite confident before my BB problems) was dying and I needed to make a positive change. I really feel that I did the rigjht thing and to hear that it both improved your BB and raised your confidence too is amazing \:D/
At the same time though I am keeping a lid on my optimism and trying to brace myself just in case this isnt the answer...a bit pessimistic but I have to.

I know its many years ago but how long did it to completely heal? (ie no scabs, mucus, taste) and also when did you realise you breath was much improved?

Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:28 pm
by Ice
u said ure breath was COMPLETLY GONE FOR YEARS????
are u sure???? i mean GONE???? or was it reduced for like 50% which is alot, but I have doubts that it would completly dissapear. U had no problems with close face to face conversations????
since others who had tonsils removed felt absolutely no relief,that confuses me.


PS: WHAT IS WITH LAVORIS; ANY NEWS???????

Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:15 pm
by FullOfHope
Chris28 wrote:Your last post has filled me with hope, thank you. I did this because what little confidence I had left (after being quite confident before my BB problems) was dying and I needed to make a positive change. I really feel that I did the rigjht thing and to hear that it both improved your BB and raised your confidence too is amazing \:D/
At the same time though I am keeping a lid on my optimism and trying to brace myself just in case this isnt the answer...a bit pessimistic but I have to.

I know its many years ago but how long did it to completely heal? (ie no scabs, mucus, taste) and also when did you realise you breath was much improved?
I'm sorry but I don't remember too much at all, I s'pose its like anything horrible that turns out good, you only remember the good bits!
What I do remember is feeling good for the first few days after surgery then going quickly downhill. The same has happened this time - I was ok and eating normal food for first 3 days now if I try to eat anything it's like I'm swallowing a cup full of acid. Just can't do it. I also remember taking 6 weeks off work. Don't remember when I realised my breath was normal, it must have happened slowly over a period of a few weeks.