Page 11 of 11

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:38 pm
by searching
Archimonde wrote:searching, do you think you have/had the same problem as Ruben? Would you recommend his or your way of dealing with it?
I have a similar problem to Ruben's.

Irrigating my tonsils, and the nearby areas, sufficiently, has been the one oral/nasal region that, for me, had formerly gone untouched.

This area is ultra-sensitive, and when contacted, produces the gag reflex. It is difficult to fully-ensure thorough cleaning of the many folds and crypts.

Nevertheless, now when I irrigate my tonsils, using the tongue-tool, pictured above in an earlier post, the fecal, tonsil-stone smell is removed. The high shear-stress of the jetted solution seems to be dislodging and flushing BB causing microorganisms and debris from the folds & crypts.

In my case, the tonsil crypts are better-cleaned with irrigation versus brushing.

Our mouths and nose have many anaerobic pockets. I am working to find and clean them all.

To those with a positive Finkelstein [finger] test, this may be worthwhile trying.

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:27 pm
by Archimonde
I see.

When you first started cleaning that untouched area of your mouth and dislodged debris for the 1st time, did it give off a very strong smell of death?

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:00 pm
by searching
Archimonde wrote:When you first started cleaning that untouched area of your mouth and dislodged debris for the 1st time, did it give off a very strong smell of death?
No, not really a strong smell when debris was flushed… rather a finishing touch in producing a good result.

For years [now] I’ve had my BB well-managed, albeit not cured, i.e. I need to follow a daily routine of brushing, flossing, and oral irrigation.

The remaining, occasionally-stagnating region were my tonsils and surrounding area that was an off-and-on producer of VSCs. Some days brushing, flossing, and irrigating my teeth, gums, and tongue didn’t produce a good result.

Pressing my tonsil(s) issued forth a sulfur smell that was not always eliminated after my usual hygiene routine. I started irrigating with different tips in the tonsil-region and noticed a further improvement. The irrigation flow is rather high so I imagine the debris removed is heavily diluted as it exits.