Your Email Address:

First Name:

Tongue coating is not bacteria, it's Keratin, who knew?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Stankie, believe me, if all you can smell is the smell of smeg then it hasn't worked. Try it a few more times at a few degrees warmer or cooler. When it works you will literally vomit at the smell.
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Stankie, I agree with you, but my point is that often I would also get that milder (in comparison) smelling smeggy odour from my experimental samples. It was actually quite a tolerable odour compared to the bad odour, and reminded me of the odour I would mostly get from my left tonsil, which never stunk very much compared to my right tonsil.
I don't know whether it was because of the temperature or whether there was another factor involved. The experiment worked about 30% of the time. I tried it at least 10-15 times.

When you get it right it is a totally repulsive smell that will guarantee to make you gag.

Maybe it only gets this smelly for people with type-1 BB?

Another interesting experiment would be to place an "artificial" tonsil in your mouth somewhere. Something which is roughly the size of a tonsil with a small hole in the side roughly the size of a tonsil crypt opening. If it fills with this oral "smeg" and hardens and calcifies, then there's proof it's collected mouth debris and nothing to do with lymph or the functioning of the tonsil. If not, then maybe not.
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

Iv mentioned keratin and dekeratinizing agents before, you may remember I posted that I was using salisylic acid that is generally used for facial peels. I put it on my tongue, let it sit less than a minute and then try to wash most of it off. Your turn willnturn white fro the chemical but then in about two days uu can scrape it off and the keratin will come off., as if u did a facial peel but n tongue. Ii use magnfy mirror and cuticle scissors to get the tough ones. Tongue s raelly pink and batd breath is greatly lowered but it always grows bac and. Thin k its because i clean with tngue brush and peroxide every morning. I think I read perxide cause hairy togue. My son has really badly coatec tongue and really bad morning breath, I stped giving hi processedc foods like hotdogs and it hels. Its s bad in the morning but usually withi an hoour there is no bb from him. Sorry for mistyping, using tablet
nightmare
Post by nightmare »

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Didn't dare to open these links when I first saw them because it was your first post and thought they might be dodgy links. Are you sure they're safe? :-k

Jimi, is there a simple way to find out if a link is safe or not? It would be a handy thing to know.
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Thanks for that Stankie. I don't think I've ever seen on any public forum an automatic system which can test and verify that links which are posted are safe or not. Nothing which I've ever noticed anyway.
thanatos
God
Re: Tongue coating is not bacteria, it's Keratin, who knew?

Post by thanatos »

:-k
Last edited by thanatos on Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
nightmare
International Journal of Oral Science

Post by nightmare »

Heres a real good halitosis report. Lots of info.

http://www.nature.com/ijos/journal/v4/n ... 01239a.pdf
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic