Your Email Address:

First Name:

Fresh Breath All Day at Last

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
dreamweaver

Post by dreamweaver »

Searching,

Very happy to hear that something is working for you.

I'm curious...did you have any other symptoms, along with the BB, such as dry mouth, coating on tongue, heartburn, flatulence etc?

Thanks.

searching
Master
Post by searching »

dreamweaver wrote:I'm curious...did you have any other symptoms, along with the BB, such as dry mouth, coating on tongue, heartburn, flatulence etc?
dreamweaver,

Not really. Years ago I had geographic tongue. Gas with some carbs. I have mild psoriasis, mainly on the scalp. No heartburn. No acid reflux. In general I'm in fairly good health. Zero sick days at work in 21 years.
boston25
Total Newbie

Post by boston25 »

searching:

You mentioned you had geographic tongue. Just this past year I noticed the same thing happen. It's been about 10 months and it seems sensitive to certain types of toothpastes and mouthwashes along with food/bev. I'm assuming that it is directly related to whatever else is going on in my mouth. Have you come to any conclusions and/or solutions about g.t?
searching
Master
Post by searching »

boston25 wrote:Have you come to any conclusions and/or solutions about geographic tongue?
boston25,

The geographic tongue appeared about 10 years ago and remained off & on for several months thereafter. It seemed to flair up most when I used harsh antimicrobials, e.g. chlorhexidine gluconate, to try and control BB. When I stopped using products containing chlorhexidine gluconate the geographic tongue vanished. This may have been coincidental, I'm not certain. It hasn't returned since.
searching
Master
Post by searching »

mindyb wrote:When I used Colgate or any toothpaste alone all these years, I could tell it did nothing. Almost like it "woke up" and heightened the odor/bb.

Did you have feel like your mouth/teeth/gums were just fuming the odor that everyone reacts to? My "fuming" seems to have declined alot.
mindyb,

Yes, in the past when I used certain toothpastes alone, i.e. with no accompanied irrigation, sometime a potent mint/menthol plus odor/bb, would intensify. As you said, a fuming or waking up of the odor seemed to happen.

The irrigation rids my mouth of the odor and aftertaste.
ithurts
Advanced

Post by ithurts »

I tried waterpik irrigation yesterday around my wisdom teeth and it smell horrible. I floss and brush daily. After irrigated it 5 times in a day, the gum around my wisdom teeth started to bleed. I just woke up and my breath is surprisingly fresh. Let's hope this is the cure.
ithurts
Advanced

Post by ithurts »

Surprisingly, my tongue has no build-up.
I think everyone should give it a shot. It might be a cure for some and let's hope it's for me too.
asd
Master

Post by asd »

what do u mean by when you irrigated it it smelt horrible? Did it smell when you touched it beforehand? Or when you touched it after irrigation?
bbsux
Advanced

Post by bbsux »

Ok after reading your guys posts i went to wal mart and spent $60 on waterpik oral rinse and will give this a shot. There was one for 29.99 but i wanted to make sure i get the best possible one so later on i dont wonder "what if i bought the better one maybe that one might have worked".

I have managed to improve my breath by flossing and brushing and using 2 different mouthwashes. My mouth seems to stay fresh for coupla hrs but bb comes back after i eat (depending on what kind of food i eat) or if i talk alot. Hopefully this will cure forever.

I will post back with results \:D/
bbsux
Advanced

Post by bbsux »

Ok so i just did it and it was a mess lol. This seems much harder to use than i thought... I think i took a shower in Hydrogen peroxide lol!!! everytime i took the thing out i would forget to pause it and it would sprey all over me.. good thing i had my shirt off while doing it.

Anyway, i actually used 300mililiters of water and 300 mililiters of peroxide. I just noticed that you only used 50 mililiters of peroxide compared to 500mililiters of water. Not sure if that is a typo or you actually use it like that. I used half half/half since it says on the bottle to use it like that. Is there particular reson why you only used 10% of peroxide.

2 strange things happened when i used this. MY bottom gum under one tooth turned white. I am talking about ruff white that i couldnt scrub off. It was weird , looked like little foam from the peroxide but i couldnt rub it off. It went away later by itself.

Second thing was that my gums started were bleeding but very little. I spitout just a little blood so i am not sure if it will help. Unfortionatly i am going to bed right now but i will test it out tomorrow at work.
searching
Master
Post by searching »

bbsux wrote:i actually used 300mililiters of water and 300 mililiters of peroxide. I just noticed that you only used 50 mililiters of peroxide compared to 500mililiters of water. Not sure if that is a typo or you actually use it like that. I used half half/half since it says on the bottle to use it like that. Is there particular reson why you only used 10% of peroxide.
Second thing was that my gums started were bleeding but very little. I spitout just a little blood so i am not sure if it will help. Unfortionatly i am going to bed right now but i will test it out tomorrow at work.
bbsux,

Not a typo: the recipe is ten (10) parts warm water mixed with one (1) part of a 3% Hydrogen Peroxide solution, not 50/50 (may be too concentrated).

Keep it up. Mastering the technique takes a little practice.

It may be too early to disqualify this treatment, after a single irrigation, if you are disappointed with the test at work tomorrow. Irrigating each day, for several days, will give your gums a better chance to return to health, assuming the gums are where the anaerobic bacteria live.
ithurts
Advanced

Post by ithurts »

No! It doesn't smell when I use my finger to push against the gum area around my wisdom teeth. When I tried irrigation, I could smell something really bad. I have allergies and for me to smell something bad, it has to be really freaking bad.

I did another irrigation this morning before I go to work. My breath was pretty much fresh the whole day. There were some reactions (maybe just in my head) but not as bad.
ithurts
Advanced

Post by ithurts »

My bb came back today. Today is one of those days I can't handle it anymore. Man, life sucks so much. Sometimes, I feel like I'm having a bad dream and going to wake up soon.
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

Hi ithurts,

Dont give up. The fact that you had such success before meant it might be an oral problem.

Why not get your wisdoms out or check to see if some other teeth is causing you problems?

Dont give up. Iknow its difficult but cheer up.

Drastic
mindyb
ungrateful trash

Post by mindyb »

It is very early to tell, but I "think" the irrigator with Hydrogen Peroxide is really helping me. No reactions since I've been using it from my husband or friends.
I irrigate in the morning and at night with 1/8 H.P. and rest water. It takes a while to master getting the gums, but now I am getting good. I've also ordered Pocket pik extension for the waterpik. These are supposed to help deliver medicine to the gums better.
The only time my breath gets bad is after eating something complex, like food with many spices and ingredients. After an apple or plain food, it seems to stay good. The "fuming" from my gumline seems to be gone!!!!
I really think everyone should get a waterpik and do it twice a day with the water/h.p. mix, it can't hurt and may help you, with or without having wisdom teeth issues.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic