Your Email Address:

First Name:

A Possible Cure?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
girlie girl
Advanced

Post by girlie girl »

My update:

I am still talking Relacore and alternating with Relora (which is a similar product) but, I am also taking an antihistamine (Claritin or Zyrtec) daily and mastic gum twice a day. Well the other day I ran out of the mastic gum and I noticed that my breath was going sour again. Not as bad as it usuallly is, but not as good as when I was taking antihistamine, Relora, mastic gum combination. So I have reordered more mastic gum and awaiting it's arrival. I will post what I notice once I am on it again. I also believe I have silent reflux and woke up a couple nights with severe reflux. I think the anithistamine prevents the PND, the Relacore helps with oral bacteria and the Mastic gum helps with acid in the throat. The combination doesn't remove my BB 100%, but I would say at least 50%. I believe chronic BB is an outcome of multiple problems going on with us which gives the bacteria a great environment to livet. Just my thoughts...

snoopsister
Sheriff

Post by snoopsister »

I pray to God that we find a cure very soon! :D
mememe
Total Newbie

Post by mememe »

most of you complain about GERD, acid reflux etc which means that it could just be heat in the stomach. Google stomach heat and bad breath, you will see that the heat causes stinky breath. it makes sense because the heat dries out the intestines and the mouth and creates perfect environment for bacteria to grow. plus hot air rises up which means it exits out the mouth and it will also bring out all the stench from inside. hot air gets transported quickly which could also explain why some people's breath can fill up a room. eat tapioca or other cooling foods to cool the heat. you can cook tapioca with just water, won't taste good but it will bring down the heat almost immediately.

good luck to you all
mindyb
ungrateful trash

Post by mindyb »

Hi mememe-
What is your experience with bad breath? Do you or someone you know have it?
Why tapioca, like the pudding? After googling stomach heat and bad breath, lots of Chinese herb remedies came up.
Just looking for more info, thanks!!!
faith59
Junior

Post by faith59 »

Hi Shirl

I have tried the Halitonic with some other products for the stomach from that same website but did't have any luck with them , but I hope they work for you. Good Luck with the Magnolia Bark!! [-o[/quote]
Last edited by faith59 on Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Music Lady
Advanced

Post by Music Lady »

THe stomach heat thing is interesting. I went to my my GI with this a couple weeks ago, he prescribed Nexium which he said in a couple days the heat or hot air should disappate and to see if it takes the bad breath with it and unfortunately it did not. But I confess I didn't think the nexium was helping so after a week or so I stopped taking it. It seem the smell got worse when I was on it. People were moving away from me on the subway.
shirl

Post by shirl »

hi faith59 thanx for your input and support, i am still doing the halitonic as have bottle to get through but can't say i've seen much improvement :(

Also i'm on day 4 of the relora and apart from feeling way to chilled, my BB is worse than ever, i've also today been gargling and adding magnolia bark tea that i made to oral care, and i feel a little...no i mean a lot disheartened and skint #-o Feeling really down today about it, thought i was on to something.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

I recommend this Plan, to find out if Magnolia is any good:

-3 nights with no products, just normal brushing & scraping.
-Check morning breath with 'lick test'.

-3 nights with gargling Magnolia for 3 mins just before bedtime after brushing + scraping.
-Check morning breath with 'lick test'.

*Lick test = stick two fingertips right back on tongue base and hold them against tongue base for 10 secs. Take fingers out, wait 30 secs, then check finger aroma :-({|=

:oops: :-({|= 8) 8-[ =D>
girlie girl
Advanced

Post by girlie girl »

My update...

This is what I was taking that helped (not 100%, but at least 50%): 1. Mastic gum, 2. Relacore/Relora, 3. Antihistamine at night

A few weeks ago I ran out of the Mastic gum and I noticed the smell was getting strong again. I ordered more mastic gum and finally started taking it again, but had stopped the relora because it was relaxing me too much. I noticed my breath was still bad even though I was taking Mastic Gum and antihistamine. So this am I started taking the Relacore with the other 2 meds and I will see what happens. It was nice while it lasted!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic