Your Email Address:

First Name:

THE MAGIC BLUE LIGHT . AM I CURED ?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
sadman
Advanced

Post by sadman »

Don't worry about overdoing it . For treating acne , the blue light is used for 15' every day . The blue light is not UV light , it does not damage the cells .

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Sorry about that sadman. I rushed through a lot of the information you posted, i'll have to go back over and read it again.

I'm just about to try the saliva incubation experiment I mentioned about, i'll let u know what happens tomorrow evening. I wont be using any hydrogen peroxide for this test, I just want to see what blue light can do by itself and set some kind of benchmark to go from.

Ice where did u get that cancer info from?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Just to report, my first experiment with the blue LEDs on two incubated samples of saliva, one with blue light and one without, the blue light made no difference whatsoever.

This doesnt mean it doesnt work. I didnt use any hydrogen peroxide and the wavelength of my LEDs isnt confirmed to be within the correct range. I will try to find the right LEDs over the weekend and repeat the test.

Interestingly the incubated saliva didnt smell anything like as bad as it did while I still had BB, infact it smelled completely differently. My experiments were identical as last time, precisely the same temperature etc. Maybe while someone has BB caused locally by the teeth or sinuses, other species of bacteria are involved which would otherwise not be normally present. Actually this is a fact in cases of periodontal disease.
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

So halitosisux are you saying you still have some bad bacteria. Are you testing your own saliva
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

sadman are you still having good results?
sadman
Advanced

Post by sadman »

Halitosisux

If your saliva did not smell bad , how can you say that there is no difference at all :D . I did not use the light this AM since I left it at work , I did not use H2O2 for 2 days , I drank some beer yesterday PM . I still feel that my breath is OK , my tongue looks pinker and when I scraped it , not much coating coming off and did not smell too . So I think the Blue light can have a long lasting effect by increasing the good bacteria in the mouth flora .
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hi, I didnt say it did not smell bad, I said it didnt smell AS bad, and believe me the smell I remember from the last time I did this test around 6-8 years ago was probably the worst smell I have ever come across. I dont know whether there was any kind of strange goings on in my brain regarding my senses and my having BB at the time, but seriously you have to smell this to believe it and understand what I'm talking about.

Good to hear you are still having such success, it will be great to eventually hear if anyone else also experiences the same improvements as you are noticing.
hope4now
Master
Post by hope4now »

sadman wrote:Halitosisux

If your saliva did not smell bad , how can you say that there is no difference at all :D . I did not use the light this AM since I left it at work , I did not use H2O2 for 2 days , I drank some beer yesterday PM . I still feel that my breath is OK , my tongue looks pinker and when I scraped it , not much coating coming off and did not smell too . So I think the Blue light can have a long lasting effect by increasing the good bacteria in the mouth flora .
I was thinking the other day that the blue light may work (assuming it does) by killing or weakening just the halitosis/gingivitus bacteria, leaving the friendly ones intact. Other solutions like chlorine dioxide may wipe out more good germs than bad allowing the bad ones to come back faster and take over.

I'm still waiting for my blue light so I don't know if it will work for my particular species of bb bacteria.
sadman
Advanced

Post by sadman »

Hope4now

This is what I have posted about what you just mentioned

In a study funded in part by National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research and BriteSmile Development, they used a halogen lamp source commonly used for tooth whitening to shine broadband light composed mainly of blue and a small percentage of green light (wavelengths ranged from 380-520 nanometers) on pure cultures of BPB and on dental plaque samples obtained from people with chronic periodontitis.

They found that the light rapidly killed BPB in pure cultures and that it selectively eliminated BPB in plaque samples containing 500 to 600 different bacteria. They also found that certain bacteria species were inactivated more readily by the light than were others. Varying the intensity and exposure times had different effects on different bacteria species.

They also found that when the proportion of BPBs was reduced, the proportion of potentially helpful bacteria increased. "This suggests that it might one day be feasible to use light to restore a healthy bacterial balance in the mouth," Dr. Soukos said.
andre81400
Total Newbie

h2o2

Post by andre81400 »

where can i get h2o2
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Meowkity, sorry for appearing to ignoring you, but for some reason I didnt see your posts until this morning.

Im not sure whether BB (oral cause) is about "good" and "bad" bacteria. In my case it was a "bad" situation that allowed ordinary oral bacteria to go wild around a particular tooth/gum because of the enormous anaerobic area (in terms of overall anaerobic area within the mouth) which had developed there.

I think this kind of problem is much more than just about individual bacterial species. You have made the assumption that your rotten tooth started everything off for you, but have you ever considered that the rotten tooth/bb onset might have just been a coincidence? Lots of different situations can allow oral bacteria to cause the same smelling bad breath. You recently mentioned living or working in a moldy home once, lots of people have mentioned living in moldy conditions coinciding with the onset of their BB symptoms. Fungal infections of the sinuses can cause EXACTLY the kind of bad breath you describe, of the room filling kind. And do not cause the same symptoms of typical sinus bacteria infections, so become dismissed by doctors.

You seem to be focusing so hard on bacteria themselves, your tongue coating etc, but yet every mouth is home to billions of bacteria from 100s of different species - with not much variation between different people. They are SUPPOSED TO BE THERE, along with the carpet of "hair" which have evolved to ALLOW them to be.Most people have morning breath, even though their breath is fine at other times, so the situation is always there to cause anyone bad breath.
sadman
Advanced

Post by sadman »

Just some follow up : I used the light only this AM ( no H2O2 ) drank beer and coffee in PM and still feel OK breath . Anxious to get feedback from hope4now .
john
Junior

Post by john »

is this the light that should work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Crime-Scene-BLUE-LE ... 1|294%3A50
Jesper
Total Newbie

Post by Jesper »

Hey sadman

Can you sum it up what are you doing exactly with the light and hydrogen peroxide. I mean what time of day and how long etc.

Thanks
sadman
Advanced

Post by sadman »

John : wait for a few more days to see if other users get the same improvement as I .

Jesper : I gargle with H2O2 for 30" and then put the light in for 2' every AM and that's it .
Last edited by sadman on Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic