Your Email Address:

First Name:

okay listen UP....i think i got the cure...but give me 1week

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
terranpatriot
Advanced
United States of America

Post by terranpatriot »

realbad, can you tell us more about this moisturizing/oxygenating gel (such as its name) and the chinstrap? are they available at the local pharmacy? I also suffer from dry mouth and mucus. I am a mouth breather, and suffer from allergies. I think I may turn on my humidifier tonight and tape my mouth shut or something to see how it improves with that. thanks for the info!

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I can remember around my early twenties, I thought my BB was due to my sleeping with my mouth open, so I taped my mouth shut at night and tried to keep it closed as much as possible during the day. I kid myself at the time that I was cured, because I suffer a lot with nasal congestion and I have a deviated nasal septum and allergies.

Realbad, you are probably having nothing more than a good week. It's way to early to assume you're achieving anything here from your measures and to generalise it with what others are experiencing.

Quote: "REMEMBER the main cause is DRYNESS IN NASAL PASSAGE WAY!!" - if that's actually true then breathing through your mouth should help the dryness in your nose, not worsen it.

No doubt your working environment is likely to be causing irritation to your mucosal linings, but if it was any more than this it wouldnt have taken you this long to make the connection.

There are many people on here with identical symptoms to you and they dont have any such causative environmental factors, except for general allergic reactions to common airborn irritants.
mimmi

?

Post by mimmi »

:cry:
stressedout
Master

Post by stressedout »

I dont breathe through my mouth, i use humidifier at night, but my nose/throat are still dry in the morning. My environment is nothing more or less than many other people that are alright. Why then?

Agree with halitosisux, this can't be generalized so easily. A cure for chronic and maybe medically caused BB? Impossible! I hope it keeps working for you realbad.
realbad
Junior

Post by realbad »

im not saying this is a CURE for all...first of all.. i thought logically. the point of my life when i started experiencing bb was when i started to work at this place where smoke/dry air was around. i realized the air was damaging by nasal passage along with throat and possibly my lungs. i been working there for 3 years..after a week and a half of treatment. cleaning out my sinus with sprays, not breathing through my mouth, using a mouth piece to sleep, and also a chinstrap using to shut my mouth i noticed the bad smell on tongue slowing going away. i also have been taking nexium... adding mositure to nasal passage way, and also the med nexium both contribute to less mucus production. and also to stressed out you could be breathing through your mouth without knowing while you sleep. why dont u try a chinstrap the whole night and tell me if you see any difference. and to terranpatriot. the chinstrap is a strap that goes aroound your head n chin to close your mouth when you sleep. and that oxygen gel, i got it from this BB dentist. i paid 2000$....total waste of MONEY!...
Susie
Sheriff

Post by Susie »

realbad
Congrats on finding something that works for you! It breaks my heart when I see young kids on here suffering.

I do think you might be on to something with the nasal dryness. A few weeks ago I ordered some Xylitol nasal spray with a pump and I am noticing a difference in the morning especially with my mouth being alot more moist. Not sure if it's doing anything with the smell. I also have alot of reflux problems so this also contributes to my bb issue. I would recommend using the Xylitol nasal spray b/c it is really soothing to the nasal passages. I have used other sprays in the past and they have burnt my passages. Someone on here said Xylitol has alcohol and has a drying effect but I've had just the opposite.

Susie
terranpatriot
Advanced
United States of America

Post by terranpatriot »

hey susie congrats on your improvement through the xylitol spray. xylitol is antibacterial in the sense that bacteria feed on it as am empty food, and they thus get no nutrition and essentially starve to death. It's also supposed to help saliva, which can explain why your mouth is feeling a moist.

I'd like to thank realbad for writing this post. The day I read it, I busted out my humidifier from the closet, wiped the dust off of it, and turned it on that night. I have since been using it every night, so for a total of about 4 nights and I can honestly say it's making a difference. I am a horrible allergy sufferer and I have postnasal drip. I usually have really thick and sticky mucus in my nose and even when I get it in the throat to the point where I have to cough it out. The humidifier is helping to change the texture of these secretions. I notice my tongue scraper does a much better job clearing the mucus off my tongue. I am planning to stick with it for a while.

Also, for those who have chronic rhinitis or allergies due to allergens like dust, a humidifier would be really helpful because a moister environment is not conducive to dust. It's dry areas in which they tend to settle.

It's completely rational to believe that breathing water-vapor-filled air through your nasal passages for an eight hour period can help liquify secretions over time.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic