mindyb wrote:I'm very intetested in this currently. My foul breath comes from within, not originating in my mouth.
Mike- I really think squatting can help moving forward. But what about treating the overgrowth of bacteria/parasite that probably is exists from the valve being open for so long. I think a supplement or antibiotic would be needed to kill whatever is living in the wrong places, (while squatting can prevent it from moving back and causing odor.)
btw, not to be forward, but do you plan to squat on your toilet lid up or lid down- or some other way??
Here is an aritcle which hit home for me. It recommends alot of diagnostic testing which I'm not sure is necessary if you plan to treat it assuming you're positive you have ICVS.
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m ... in;content
Good article, thanks mindy. Alright, so it's probable that we're suffering from some discomfort or dysfunction from not evacuating our bowels properly all our lives.. But we might also be stricken with the ileocecal valve syndrome..
Whether sitting toilets are responsible for that (As they seem to be for a dozen other digestive system related conditions [including cancer]) I'm not sure, but pooping properly is going to be the first thing we want to do, even if we choose to further explore ileocecal valve syndrome.
Some seats may not handle it well, but I just get my feet up on the toilet, with the seat down (I think there wouldn't be sufficient foot space without it) and just squat down. It's pretty easy. If you're a guy you might need to hold your penis down so your urine doesn't escape the toilet.
I noticed I'm still applying some pressure to release some fecal matter.. bad habits die hard. So I'm going to work on that. Make sure you're in a position where you thighs are pressing up against your tummy, a natural way to evacuate the colon.
As far as having to take antibiotics, I'm not so sure that's even necessary.
My theory is that once one returns to the natural position for bowel evacuation, the body may recover on its own. If bad bacteria aren't normally in there, perhaps removing their source (fecal matter regurgitated into the small intestine) is enough to slowly put balance back into the system..
Supposing we have ileocecal valve syndrome as well, perhaps this daily routine of proper evacuation will help trigger its correct functions and the rest will take care of itself (I'd still recommend probiotics, anti fungals, etc, all the while.. antibiotics might be a little drastic. You know why those are infamous around here, but it might be necessary if digestive bad conditions don't clear up)
I insist you all read the large article. It's broken up into sections based on various conditions and diseases, so sometimes it repeats itself, but they're all clearly connected.. Ladies, you might want to read the section on Child Birth.. Apparently the squat position really makes that a lot easier, and goes a long way to prevent damage in the vaginal areas,also preventing the need for Cesarean section.. Ladies.. I implore you to consider this more natural position for child birth. Hah.. I feel like I've been converted.
For your own sake people, change your toilet habits... Tell your friends.. your family.. your elderly loved ones! It'll save them a lot of grief too! And for crying out loud, please don't set up your children's bodies to ultimately fail by forcing them on that throne.
If you feel too good for the 'hole in the ground' squat toilet (really the problem that started it all in Western civilization) consider putting a toilet like this in your home
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3024/263 ... f9c4d6.jpg.
I know I will if I ever own my own home.
Also.. Maybe our breath issues aren't related at all to the sitting toilet.
Even so, it seems like a good idea for anyone, and every human being alive to begin squatting, as that's how our bodies are made to do the deed.
The modern toilet does not take any consideration for human physiology.