Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:47 am
After 3 weeks on thyroid medication, my bb has been reduced considerably. On a scale of 1-10, I'll say it is about 3 now (I've been a 10 + for many years).
I believe that the hypothyroidism caused sinus infections and other problems related to the digestive system which contributed hugely to my bb. (Hypothyroidism slows all your organs down). My digestion is much improved and I no longer have dry mouth (which has plagued me for years).
I am trying to find natural balanced (T4 and T3) medication, like gymrat uses, but it's not easy where I live. I believe that my bb can be further reduced or maybe cured (who knows) with the right meds and dosage. The reason why I think so, is because some of my other hypo symptoms like fatigue and pain are also reduced, but still there. It shows that thyroid is not corrected 100 percent yet. But it is still early days, they said to give the meds 6 weeks to work properly.
Seanlee, you are right, hormonal issues are very complex and the way things interact in our bodies makes it worse. If you suspect thyroid problems, don't delay, get tested. Your body won't get resistant to the medication, it needs it. Just ask for a copy of your results, don't trust the doc if he says it's normal. Get your own counts and research it on the internet. Even if you only have symptoms and normal counts, you may have thyroid issues.
After years of suffering with room filling bb, I feel a great sense of relief. Even if I can't be cured completely, my quality of life is so much better now that people don't jump three steps back if I open my mouth. People at work seem to be testing me by coming closer and closer and I get absolutely no reactions (I still have gum in my mouth, because I'm so used to it- won't feel comfortable talking to others without it)) .
I believe that the hypothyroidism caused sinus infections and other problems related to the digestive system which contributed hugely to my bb. (Hypothyroidism slows all your organs down). My digestion is much improved and I no longer have dry mouth (which has plagued me for years).
I am trying to find natural balanced (T4 and T3) medication, like gymrat uses, but it's not easy where I live. I believe that my bb can be further reduced or maybe cured (who knows) with the right meds and dosage. The reason why I think so, is because some of my other hypo symptoms like fatigue and pain are also reduced, but still there. It shows that thyroid is not corrected 100 percent yet. But it is still early days, they said to give the meds 6 weeks to work properly.
Seanlee, you are right, hormonal issues are very complex and the way things interact in our bodies makes it worse. If you suspect thyroid problems, don't delay, get tested. Your body won't get resistant to the medication, it needs it. Just ask for a copy of your results, don't trust the doc if he says it's normal. Get your own counts and research it on the internet. Even if you only have symptoms and normal counts, you may have thyroid issues.
After years of suffering with room filling bb, I feel a great sense of relief. Even if I can't be cured completely, my quality of life is so much better now that people don't jump three steps back if I open my mouth. People at work seem to be testing me by coming closer and closer and I get absolutely no reactions (I still have gum in my mouth, because I'm so used to it- won't feel comfortable talking to others without it)) .