Page 3 of 3

Re: A potential cure (Oral Microbiota Transplant)

Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:58 pm
by Lifelongsufferer
I just wanted to point out my recent post, that I have been having some success with oral probiotics which has made me even more hopeful that an Oral Microbiota Transplant could potentially cure many of us.

Any thoughts?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6723

Re: A potential cure (Oral Microbiota Transplant)

Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:26 am
by Lifelongsufferer
I spoke with the scientist at the University Of Washington the other day who advised me that they have applied for funding through a different organisation and are hopeful that will be approved as it is a small amount of money they’re asking for (compared to other trials) - £30k and they are also not taking a salary from it.

I still believe that this will one day be the cure for us, but I hope it doesn’t come too late :(

Re: A potential cure (Oral Microbiota Transplant)

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2025 8:24 am
by Lifelongsufferer
Reviving this thread. I have been pestering the scientist for almost 10 years now and he is applying to the IRB to revive the research and continue with trials.

I strongly believe that the issue for many of us is an imbalance in our microbiome and have suspected for a long time that a transplant from a healthy donor could cure us.

The procedure, briefly, is as follows:

(i) You undergo a regular teeth cleaning.

(ii) On the same day, the subgingival plaque will be collected from a donor (your spouse, partner, trusted relative, etc). The plaque will be resuspended in a solution.

(iii) A transplant will be accomplished by you rinsing with the resuspended donor’s plaque.


‼️Due to the difficulties in finding volunteers and donors who live near Seattle, they are willing to SHARE the protocol and we are hoping to find volunteers from all over the world who can ask their periodontist/hygienist to perform the procedure on them‼️


Please see some interesting articles and studies below for more information, and contact me if you would be willing to volunteer.

https://dentistry.co.uk/2024/02/21/oral ... tudy-says/

https://www.cdhjournal.org/issues/41-1- ... e=download

https://www.mdpi.com/1648-9144/60/4/672

https://bmcoralhealth.biomedcentral.com ... 015-0109-4

Re: A potential cure (Oral Microbiota Transplant)

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2025 5:14 pm
by Longtime
I would do it

Re: A potential cure (Oral Microbiota Transplant)

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2025 6:49 pm
by Lifelongsufferer
Great, would you travel to Seattle and do you have a donor? Or would you ask your local periodontist if they’d perform the procedure?

Re: A potential cure (Oral Microbiota Transplant)

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2025 8:59 pm
by Longtime
I would travel to Seattle. I have a donor.

Re: A potential cure (Oral Microbiota Transplant)

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2025 9:52 pm
by Lifelongsufferer
Sent you a DM