Page 3 of 6

Re: Gene mutation causes chronic bad breath

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:34 pm
by Celine
KL123,
I don't think it helps, in that case, they probably would have said there is a cure. I sent you a private message.

Re: Gene mutation causes chronic bad breath

Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:03 am
by mauricio
KL123 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:39 pm
Can you reply back to whoever sent you this email and ask them if they think taking pills like Beano can help?
Beano is supposed to stop foods from creating gas in your stomach to begin with.

The SELENBP1 issue is blood-lungs-related not stomach-related.

Re: Gene mutation causes chronic bad breath

Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:38 am
by KL123
mauricio wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:03 am
KL123 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:39 pm
Can you reply back to whoever sent you this email and ask them if they think taking pills like Beano can help?
Beano is supposed to stop foods from creating gas in your stomach to begin with.

The SELENBP1 issue is blood-lungs-related not stomach-related.
OF COURSE THERE IS A RELATION

It ALL starts from stomach.

This sh!tty gas *Methionine* is produced in the stomach. From there, it enters into the blood stream where our genetic mutation in SELENBP1 fails to break it down and neutralize the odor. And then these gases are off-loaded into our lungs, from where they fume out when we speak and also facilitate the growth of exponential amount bacteria on the dorsum.

The idea is, what if we take such pills that reduce the amount of gas creation in the stomach to begin with?

May be, the researchers in the Dutch lab can perform some tests on the patients under study by giving them pills like Beano and see if it makes a difference to their breath odor?

Re: Gene mutation causes chronic bad breath

Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:51 am
by mauricio
Have you tried these pills yourself?

Re: Gene mutation causes chronic bad breath

Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:22 pm
by KL123
mauricio wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:51 am Have you tried these pills yourself?
I am planning to try; however, a test by the qualified researches will yield better and accurate results as they have sophisticated tools and methods to measure the differences in the results. And that's why, I wanted to see if the researches in the Dutch lab can perform such a trial?

Re: Gene mutation causes chronic bad breath

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:09 am
by Celine
Would anyone want to test this diet with me? Send me a private message 😙

Re: Gene mutation causes chronic bad breath

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:34 am
by mauricio
@Celine
I haven't tested this diet yet but I'm vegan, I'm already avoiding most of those very 'offending' foods, my aim is to go raw vegan tho and see if I'll experience improvements. having said that I haven't even tested for SELENBP1 which our main point here.... and I guess it's going to be a big issue cause not many will have access to such test.

Re: Gene mutation causes chronic bad breath

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:49 am
by mauricio
The dutch clinic has yet to reply me, although I can't rule out a reply might I have slipped in the junk folder, I've sent'em another message, hope they are going to reply this time.
If I have this SELENBP1 issue I don't understand how my bb could possibly worsen by x5 times over the last two months by eating the same diet. Besides wouldn't a orange juice fasting for example reduce the problem massively being low in methionine? It doesn't seem to be the case although I only went like a day and a half on just fresh OJ.

Re: Gene mutation causes chronic bad breath

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:21 am
by KL123
mauricio wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:49 am The dutch clinic has yet to reply me, although I can't rule out a reply might I have slipped in the junk folder, I've sent'em another message, hope they are going to reply this time.
If I have this SELENBP1 issue I don't understand how my bb could possibly worsen by x5 times over the last two months by eating the same diet. Besides wouldn't a orange juice fasting for example reduce the problem massively being low in methionine? It doesn't seem to be the case although I only went like a day and a half on just fresh OJ.
Interesting.
Is that all you drank in two days, just OJ?

Also, there is A LOT of junk that sits in our stomach, even if you don't any food for days, and it's VERY, VERY Stinky. So it will keep pushing the stink into the blood stream.

Re: Gene mutation causes chronic bad breath

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:03 am
by mauricio
Yes, just OJ, I've literally no idea what's happening right now, I even feel some form of mild obstruction in the esophagus.

This is the clinic's reply:
Hereby the costs below of the Halitosis study.

 

In accordance with the provisions of the Dutch Healthcare Authority (NZa), you will also receive a cost estimate for the first examination:

C22 Written medical history € 22.16

C28 Extensive research for drafting / recording treatment plan € 104.95

M01 6x Preventive information and / or instruction, € 78.36 per 5 minutes

T93 Bacteriological examination for gum treatment € 40.82

X21 Jaw overview photo € 69.97


After the investigation it may prove that additional investigation is necessary. For example with the help of extra X-rays and / or extra bacteriological examinations.

 

For additional research, the following codes apply if applicable:

X10 Small X-ray (possibly several) € 16.33

Laboratory costs for microbiological or genetic research € 79.50

 

The costs for the control agreements will be approximately:

C28 Extensive research for drafting / recording treatment plan € 104.95

T93 Bacteriological examination for gum treatment € 40.82

Possible laboratory costs for microbiological or genetic testing € 79.50

Re: Gene mutation causes chronic bad breath

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:08 am
by KL123
mauricio wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:03 am Yes, just OJ, I've literally no idea what's happening right now, I even feel some form of mild obstruction in the esophagus.

This is the clinic's reply:
Hereby the costs below of the Halitosis study.

 

In accordance with the provisions of the Dutch Healthcare Authority (NZa), you will also receive a cost estimate for the first examination:

C22 Written medical history € 22.16

C28 Extensive research for drafting / recording treatment plan € 104.95

M01 6x Preventive information and / or instruction, € 78.36 per 5 minutes

T93 Bacteriological examination for gum treatment € 40.82

X21 Jaw overview photo € 69.97


After the investigation it may prove that additional investigation is necessary. For example with the help of extra X-rays and / or extra bacteriological examinations.

 

For additional research, the following codes apply if applicable:

X10 Small X-ray (possibly several) € 16.33

Laboratory costs for microbiological or genetic research € 79.50

 

The costs for the control agreements will be approximately:

C28 Extensive research for drafting / recording treatment plan € 104.95

T93 Bacteriological examination for gum treatment € 40.82

Possible laboratory costs for microbiological or genetic testing € 79.50
That little obstruction on the esophagus is most likely a gastric pain.
Excess of OJ creates upset tummy with lots of gastric pain. I have done this and this is exactly what happened to me.

The itemized list of cost of various testing seems to have a lot of stuff that is not necessary for us.

We need to do a straight forward SELENBP1 testing, and for that, I think they need a blood or saliva sample. Can we ask them about this one test only?

Re: Gene mutation causes chronic bad breath

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:26 am
by mauricio
Yes I'm going to email them once again as I've to know if all these are mandatory or before the SELENBP1.

I've had this obrstruction feeling before doing the 2 days on OJ, it's been going on for two months now.

Re: Gene mutation causes chronic bad breath

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:40 am
by micca4455
TY. Pls keep us posted

Re: Gene mutation causes chronic bad breath

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:22 am
by KL123
mauricio wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:26 am Yes I'm going to email them once again as I've to know if all these are mandatory or before the SELENBP1.

I've had this obrstruction feeling before doing the 2 days on OJ, it's been going on for two months now.
This doesn't sound right.
You need to see a GI doctor about this pain, IMO.

Re: Gene mutation causes chronic bad breath

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:01 am
by mauricio
mauricio wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:26 am Yes I'm going to email them once again as I've to know if all these are mandatory or before the SELENBP1.
Reply:
Thank you for your message.

The Oral Chroma is performed during a halitosis consultation. With this consultation the cause of the halitosis (bad breath) will be traced.

It's not posible to do the Oral Chromeor dna test without a consultation.