Page 3 of 5

Re: lost for ideas

Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:27 am
by mauricio
Freshhope wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:01 pm Get fresh or die trying
lmao.

Re: lost for ideas

Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:54 am
by Freshhope
😂have to joke sometimes. I have had this condition for so long I am so aware of people body language and behaviour . I think some celebrities I watch on interviews are self conscious of Of there bb . Just little idiosyncrasies I notice . 50 cent, Britney Spears, Nicki Minaj . Anyone else notice these things they see on tv?

Re: lost for ideas

Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:55 am
by petalpetal
still trying to figure out my root cause. i notice, more so lately, excessive sweating, and the smell is very strong lately. even when its not hot. i maintain good hygeine and deodorant doesnt make a difference. the sweat comes through so strong and pungent. i am thinking is this maybe hormonal/ and or stress causing my bad breath. i've always been anxious, but i imagine the management of chronic bb for 20+ years has maybe deeply affected my cortisol levels or something?


hmmm... stabbing in the dark for answers

Re: lost for ideas

Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:28 pm
by mauricio
petalpetal wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:55 am hormonal/ and or stress
very unlikely.

Re: lost for ideas

Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:10 am
by Freshhope
Sometimes the stress from
Being in public with odour issue makes you nervous of reactions . I mean sweating is normal and I think most people would get a smell after the end of the day of work . You can try some prescription underarm roll on and it should keep you dry. I sometimes apply and it lasts few weeks . It works a treat in stressful situations . I guess if it’s something really offensive body odour maybe tmau would be a possiblity. I seem to sweat from armpit when am nervous about reactions and being ridiculed.

My main issue for me is the bb
So many possiblities to search for unfortunately it could literally take years to solve each individual case
Good luck

Re: lost for ideas

Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:02 am
by petalpetal
have a appointment for upper GI in gasterontology, so will hopefully see if anything happening in that area that is causing BB
knew a guy before had infection in his esophagus that caused his BB and other dietary related issues. so may be similar.
trying not to anticipate too much or get my hopes up. will just see what happens

Re: lost for ideas

Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:15 pm
by Freshhope
Good luck. I was doing my sibo test recently and was on a restrictive diet prior to test . Just rice and chiken . Said I could have lactose free milk and I relized when I had the lactose free milk my breath/ taste in mouth started. I am going dairy free/ vegan for a while . I don’t know about you guys this vegan diet is excruitiating. But I do notice my mouth feels cleaner will try to keep it up

Re: lost for ideas

Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:24 pm
by petalpetal
oh good luck with your diet. do you know cause of your potential sibo? i had a test before that came back positive, but without knowing the root cause it was difficult to maintain motivation with diet as it came back. hoping GI test may shed light on sibo root cause

Re: lost for ideas

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:45 pm
by mauricio
Freshhope wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:15 pm Just rice and chiken
great diet.

Re: lost for ideas

Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:14 pm
by Freshhope
My sibo test was negative but I registered a peak in lactulose h2 of 130 ppm I haven’t seen any results online that high I dunno if it’s linked to bb

Re: lost for ideas

Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:51 pm
by gotshot26
Update: It's been over six months since I finished my course of antibiotics (Rifaximin + Neomycin) after testing positive on the Sibo test. My bad breath is still reduced from what it was. Some days it isn't even there. It's been an excellent result. This is after having bad breath for over 15 years. I am researching some more and plan on taking another course of antibiotics to kill the rest of the bacteria.

Re: lost for ideas

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:30 pm
by Freshhope
gotshot26 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:51 pm Update: It's been over six months since I finished my course of antibiotics (Rifaximin + Neomycin) after testing positive on the Sibo test. My bad breath is still reduced from what it was. Some days it isn't even there. It's been an excellent result. This is after having bad breath for over 15 years. I am researching some more and plan on taking another course of antibiotics to kill the rest of the bacteria.
Thanks for updating us

God bless all in this forum so much valuable info

I was wandering what your peak hydrogen score was ... I reached 130 ppm parts per million. The report said negative . But after reading some things online, having a low methane and high hydrogen in the breath is consistent with Sulfite reducing bacteria overgrowth.

I’m really focusing on this srb thing

Some thing that triggered this was a blood test I did and I was on the upper scale of the homocysteine levels then all the reading shows it’s all linked

Another mutation that keeps popping up is the mthfr gene mutation. I’m reading so much lately everything is getting confusing ... I’m experimenting with the b vitamins and reducing homocystiene levels incase it might help

Some things I read Below

Detection of hydrogen gas alone (ie, substantially no methane detected) as the major gas component in exhaled breath indicates of a sulfite-reducing bacterial gut population.

A large proportion of intestinal gas is reabsorbed from the colon and expired in the breath. This is usually without aroma, particularly in individuals (approximately half of the population) who have primarily methanogenic bacteria within their colon which produce hydrogen, carbon dioxide and methane. The remaining half of the population have a predominantly sulfite-reducing bacterial population in their colon and the principal gases produced are odorous volatile sulfur compounds, such as hydrogen sulfide, methyl mercaptan and dimethyl sulfide.

Re: lost for ideas

Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:59 am
by Freshhope
Also does anyone have restless leg syndrome as Apprently it. Plus be a symptom of high h2s. I would say I do it randomly here and there

Re: lost for ideas

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:10 pm
by petalpetal
i finally had an appointment with GI doctor, who will prescribe me acid suppressors, i have never tried them, so not sure how it will go. he had said to try this before doing another sibo test and followup. said i may have silent symtpons, so i will see. i am trying ot be open, but feel skeptical something so relatively simple could be my cure, after decades of this agonising disease

Re: lost for ideas

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:22 pm
by KL123
petalpetal wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:10 pm i finally had an appointment with GI doctor, who will prescribe me acid suppressors, i have never tried them, so not sure how it will go. he had said to try this before doing another sibo test and followup. said i may have silent symtpons, so i will see. i am trying ot be open, but feel skeptical something so relatively simple could be my cure, after decades of this agonising disease
interesting.
All the best and keep us posted and tell us what medication he prescribed?

Even though I tried Prevacid and Nexium for years. Helps with heartburn but nothing to do with chronic bad breath.