Page 3 of 4
Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:32 pm
by HappyDays
I agree Larc, when my BM have no smell then my breath feels fresher and when it smells bad, well so does my breath by alot. Its been a way for me to guage how bad or good my breath is doing in a period of time. there has to be a connection, right?
I have IBS so that means constant constipation for me so I know that fixing that will help my breath alot also. My digestive system needs an upgrade!
Post 100 for me!

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:28 pm
by waitingforrelief
i think i've mentioned this before-but i, too, have noticed a correlation between my BM and my breath. in fact, it sounds disgusting, but when my breath is really bad, sometimes the odor resembles my BM's!
i think that one possible factor is that bb could indeed come from the gastro-intestinal system. however, another possibility is that whatever germs that we have in the mouth/sinuses eventually end up in the stomach. doctors have confirmed my hypothesis (due to the large amount of mucus that we swallow each day). i myself have noticed a noted difference when i have sinus issues and not in the odor of my BM.
Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:54 pm
by Larc400
Wow, that more of us have noticed this...
yeah there must be many ways this could happen.
For example:
-Odour particles being picked up by the blood stream in the digestive system then taken to the lungs and expelled via breath (just like garlic, onions etc -- only that for us it's the 'wrong' particles)
or
-Some enzymatic problem, similar to TMAU. I hope not, as we may never find a cure for something like that
or
actual gas leaking up from the stomach. This is unlikely though, as the gas in the stomach (=the first part of the digestive system) probably don't smell fecal really. It would smell more like vomit...
--Can we think of other ways the digestive system can produce a fecal bb..?
Anyway, I have also noticed that I get a different taste in my mouth whenever I have gas in my stomach. Is that normal?
Did anyone find a good way to make your BM completely odourless? I've tried Chlorella and other Clorophyll products, but they don't really have that effect for me...

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:35 pm
by HappyDays
Day 10
I wanted to share somethings that I just noticed today.
My tonsil scabs have fallen off about %90. I can see just a little bit of scabbing left but my throat is really starting to feel better. So much that I havent taken one pill today. 2 more weeks and the healing will be just about fully completed. White coating on my tongue has pretty much gone by %90 and its much pinker now. I expect it to be back to normal also within 2 weeks.
My breathing is still good but the stuffyness is getting more apparent and I think that taking the pain meds and antibiotics had alot to do with the breathing. I havent taken antibiotics in a week and breathing wasnt the same great way of the first few days but Ithink by me stopping the pain meds, the breathing is getting a little back to how it used to be. I expect in the end that breathing would have improved about %25 which is much better.
PND has been reduced also about %50 from what I can notice. Healing is still going on so I cant tell but the thick mucus isnt like it was before at all. I expect about a %50 to %40 reduction after complete healing.
I want to officially say that my bb has been reduced about 30 percent and I dont think it will get any better than that from the tonsillectomy. I have multiple issues that cause my bb and tonsil stones was just one. I can still smell backdraft fro my nose sometimes and it doesnt smell good but doesnt smell like complete shiit either.
I didnt get the reactions that I usually get let I reported before even when I was getting help trying on clothes and the girl was really in my face along with the tailor. Not once did they make any moves. Just goes to show that my bb is back to my normal bb before it started getting really shiity in the last 5 months which is a blessing from where it was. I could walk around the store and everywhere I went people would start coughing and sneezing everywhere. It was not a coincidence!!
Now I am going to start working on my next plan of attach which will be colon and digestive system along with adeniods and polyps and sinus issues to make sure I dont have any real issue with my nose area.
Just wanted to give what maybe my final report since things seem to be settling down as much as they will. If there is any more to report, I will.
It did exactly what I expected and needed it to do so I would say I am very happy with the results.
Now on to the next mission....
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:27 pm
by waitingforrelief
again on the gastrointestinal correlation:
i've tried chlorella and it made my BM not smell. but it didn't do a thing to my bb. so i figured that at least in my case, the gastrointestinal symptoms may be just that, symptoms, instead of causes.
i've also noticed that it's not just about the odor of my BM. but even how regular i am. i've suffered from chronic constipation for most of my adult life, which has improved in the last couple years. when i first got on antibiotics for my sinuses, my BM became much more regular, abundant, and soft. (too much info? sorry!) it's still better than it used to be, but it's never been that good since.
larc, i've also noticed a difference in my breath when i feel gastrointestinal disomfort like bloating. but i don't really have a theory about why that is.
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:12 pm
by HappyDays
Waiting, our digestive systems seem identical. You also sound like you have IBS. I am chronically constipated most of the time unless I really watch my diet and even then sometimes just lots of stress will do it. I think you may be on to something. Chlorphyll pills helps me get regular but not sure if it has ever helped with the bb.
It doesnt matter if it does or doesnt cause the more concious I am and the more I start living right for my body the better I feel so I am gonna fix everything even if the bb stays I will be happier.
Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:11 pm
by Busted
What is a safe distance for you to talk to someone now, happydays? I also get the really surprising reactions from others you described in your previous posts. I think it has always been like this except I wasn't that aware of it back then. I have found that mine is at least 3 to 5 meters. Sometimes it seems that only slightly opening my mouth is enough to make some back off.
Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:18 pm
by HappyDays
So far my range to speak has completely changed since the surgery. I think now it may be just a few feet or even less depending on how long ago I freshened my breath. I sleep alot lately so everytime I wake it seems that I have morning breath but when I brush good and everything it seems that my mouth is very fresh and clean and doesnt smell at all.
I am going to start testing it out but recently it seems that I have to be directly in fron maybe one or two feet to get a reaction. I actually havent gotten any reactions in the last 3 or 4 days so its been guage but I am going to really start testing. Things have majorly improved I must say and now mouthwashes and the such are so much more effective for me. More than anything, my confidence is really slowly reappearing which is the best thing which has come out of this. I was never self concious until this year but it got so bad that I couldnt ever think of anything else and would start to have small panic attacks in tight areas like the bus or train.
I just pray that what I feel is real and that things have improved enough where I can just manage it with excellent oral hygiene and just being relentless as far as making sure I dont let things slip up anytime during the day. The real test will be once I return to work in 7 days and have to take the train and the bus and speak to everyone at work since I wouldnt have been there in at least 3 weeks and everyone is going to asking lots of questions and wishing me well. That will be the true test. Mark it on your calendar, Monday Oct 15th. Its my do or die day.
Til then I will just keep up with my diet and hygiene and try to incorporate some new tactics such and sinus rinse. I am going to eventually also get a waterpik to make flossing even more effective. I have an electric toothbrush which is great so if you dont have one, I suggest getting one along with tung brush.
I will go out today as a small experiment and see if I can actually get a response by getting extra close to someone. Its almost like I need to see a response now just to keep it real with myself cause this bb hasnt gone far like for others it can "Return like a fuccking Jedi" at anytime.
Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:26 pm
by Busted
I hate it too when I need to start testing. I hate it when one reaction detroys all the hope you had. But of course if you don't test you will never find out if it worked or not. I really force myself to test it, because I somehow refuse to believe that there's absolutely nothing that can be done. My dream, just like all everyone else on this forum, is to be able to have conversations just like normal people do.
Can you imagine what it feels like?
Maybe if you don't, you will in about 7 days.
Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:37 pm
by mike987
on television and in movies.. oftne in real life.. you see people get face to face and speak to eachother.. i can't imagine how amazing it would feel to freely do such a thing..
ever since i discovered my bad breath, i can't help but 'see' the vapors coming out of my mouth.. i'm so used to not spekaing to someones face.. if i do, i feel like i'm just shooting this awful blast of stank in their direction

Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:18 am
by Busted
mike987 wrote:on television and in movies.. oftne in real life.. you see people get face to face and speak to eachother.. i can't imagine how amazing it would feel to freely do such a thing..
It's like their breath is odourless. It does not smell like anything. It's just air. I still don't understand what is so different about us. I have seen many people with throat and sinus problems and rotten teeth who do not suffer from bb at all.
I always see other people get face to face in real life. I always pay attention to see if someone might be suffering from the same problem as me.
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:30 am
by elliott
Busted wrote:mike987 wrote:on television and in movies.. oftne in real life.. you see people get face to face and speak to eachother.. i can't imagine how amazing it would feel to freely do such a thing..
It's like their breath is odourless. It does not smell like anything. It's just air. I still don't understand what is so different about us. I have seen many people with throat and sinus problems and rotten teeth who do not suffer from bb at all.
I always see other people get face to face in real life. I always pay attention to see if someone might be suffering from the same problem as me.
I spoke to a homeless person the other day and he put his hand over his mouth and nose before I spoke everytime. Now THATS embarassing... I almost had to laugh at myself
also glad to see more people are becomming aware that digestion is more then likely to be an issue. Probably more then tonsils. I tested myself by eating beef later in the evening before bed. Next day, Shit breath For The Win. On the other hand, skip dinner. Next morning, rotten sewage... but less strong than the shit breath.
Most of us (not including the allergy bunch) probably have digestion, sinus, and tonsil issues. We just don't know in which order, or which is the source.
One thing I do know, is that if you eat something that has a speck of garlic, it will stay in your system for 3-4 days. Think about it. That says alot.
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:20 pm
by HappyDays
I totally agree with Elliot. Diet and digestion have alot to do with bb thats why my diet has been strictly fresh fruits and salad and creamed spinach for about the last month especially since my tonsillectomy and it has been helping I believe. I really want to add some chicken to my diet and some mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes but dont want to bring back the dragon.
What do you guys think? Should I do a test run or keep to my strict diet? I am so in need of more protein even though I drink a few Ensure's a day.
What I wouldnt give for a full slab of bbq ribs...

Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:00 pm
by Larc400
Just go for it

I guess the idea right now is to determine the effect of tonsilectomy -- maybe the best way to do that is to eat whatever you want and see what happens... if you eat a protein-heavy meal maybe it will be easier to find out where any aroma (if there is any) might come from.
I have tried a protein-free diet for a while (instead eating protein pills etc) ... and yes, it does seem to have a good effect (not surprising). It could still mean it's either the classic 'back-of-the-tongue-bacteria-feeding-on-protein' or a digestive issue where a protein-heavy meal produces more stench. How do I find out which one is causing my BB?

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:30 pm
by HappyDays
I am having a yellowish mucos forming in my throat that I can bring up by clearing my throat but it seems this maybe the cause behind my bb. It feels like its pnd but I dont feel it dripping like i did before the operation. It sort of just appears now and then I clear it.
Does anyone have any suggestions to get rid of it?
I am starting nose rinse this morning for the first time. This is not looking so good. I did get a reaction from my gf this morning when I got in the car but I didnt brush my teeth as I woke up at the last second and had to drop her off. I never opened my mouth but she opened the window after about 5 seconds. I could tell that it was because of the air coming from my nostril as it was pointed at her and the other one was sort of stuffed. Like I said, I didnt get a chance to brush but it definitely lets me know that my problem is still there. Brushing wouldnt do any good anyways for a smell in my sinuses anyways.
I am starting sinus rinse today and am even looking into oil pulling. Any other suggestions are welcomed. I will start taking my vitamin c again as that really helped with pnd before I had to stop for the operation.
Hopefully rinsing will make a bit of difference. Anyone speak from experience?