Page 3 of 4

Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:08 am
by jc
hopeful wrote:JC, when do you take yours? I got the Oreganol capsules and it says to take one with each meal. Do you take yours before or after eating?
1. 1capsule after breakfast.
2. 1 capsule without meal after 3 hours.
3. 1 capsule after lunch.
4. 1 capsule dinner.
5. 1 capsule two hours before going to sleep.

Btw hopeful, is your odor coming from the stomach coz I think it`s pointless to take the capsules if it`s coming from the mouth or sinus?

Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:40 am
by hopeful
It's coming from somewhere inside. I had my tonsils taken out two months ago and my teeth and tongue are good. I only get the white coating in the morning. I had a colonoscopy and it showed some problems. I've always had digestive problems so I'm hopping these capsules help.

I just took two after dinner a few hours ago and am now burping the taste/smell.

Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:59 am
by Twilight
JC, this is great news considering I recalled before that we have similar symptoms!

For those who don't know, oil of oregano is not only an anti-biotic but also a very good antifungal. I'm definitely looking into purchasing this sometime in the future.

I couldn't tell you why the oil of oregano is working, but be first guess would be the antibiotic, antifungal properties. Have you considering supplementing probiotics with your routine? I guess it could also change the pH somehow..?

Bad Breath

Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:58 am
by s32004avp
Majority of the people suffered bad breath especially due to Halitosis. Don’t just try anything to mask or cover it. Bad breath is only an indication of bacteria, germs or virus that lives in our mouth. Oregano may remove the bad breath for few minutes or maybe an hour or more but the real problem is the bug that causes it.
The major reason why the majority of mouthwash we can buy over the counter does not work is because it has nothing in there that really works. Alcohol for example worsen the mouth by drying it up. It kills only the good bacteria in the mouth. The bad bacteria are more clever hiding in the deepest crevice between the gum and the teeth.
Alcohol cannot penetrate into those area due to the molecular mass hence the mouthwash brand that we know are useless.
Mind you even toothpaste all over the globe does not really do its job. Fluoride is not chemical formulated to cure or better our teeth, it is a by-product from steel, aluminum and from the war bullets that came out during the manufacturing.
Fluoride is carcinogenic = cancerous, mutagenic and toxic (did I say more)..
If you want to know some oral hygiene products that really works and proven to be natural (no fluoride) and does what is promised to do like – kill bacteria, germs, virus, streptococcus (in 10 sec) that causes gum disease – bad breath let me know and I will share you what I know..
Or write and contact the www.delkoh.com (they have info not in the web site but the people in the company).

Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:02 am
by hopeful
Not sure if you're trying to promote something but this is information almost everybody here already knows.

Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:51 am
by jc
Twilight wrote: Have you considering supplementing probiotics with your routine? I guess it could also change the pH somehow..?
I don`t know if I took the wrong brand of probiotics before but it didn`t work for me(it helped me with my digestive problems though). Acidophilus & oregano are known to produce acid so that combo might cause hyperacidity or acid reflux but this is just my theory.I`ve read in one article that oil of oregano kills both aerobic & anaerobic bacterias, if this is true then it`s pointless to take them both.

Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:59 am
by hopeful
JC, you should definitely supplement the oregano with probiotics. Oregano doesn't kill good bacteria, only the bad.

I've been rotating different kinds of probiotics just so my body doesn't become immune to one kind. Interesting that you mentioned the acid production. I took a Betaine with pepsin along with my regular digestive enzyme before dinner tonight and definitely felt a little burning in my chest afterwards. Maybe I should lay off the betaine for now since I've already got the oreganol, probiotics, Candex, and digestive enzymes on the go.

Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:38 am
by jc
hopeful wrote:JC, you should definitely supplement the oregano with probiotics. Oregano doesn't kill good bacteria, only the bad.

I've been rotating different kinds of probiotics just so my body doesn't become immune to one kind. Interesting that you mentioned the acid production. I took a Betaine with pepsin along with my regular digestive enzyme before dinner tonight and definitely felt a little burning in my chest afterwards. Maybe I should lay off the betaine for now since I've already got the oreganol, probiotics, Candex, and digestive enzymes on the go.
What brand of probiotics are you using? There`s so many in the market right now but I don`t know which one is better. I think betaine helps produce hydrochloric acid if I`m not mistaken so laying off it for a while may be a good idea.

Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:25 am
by Twilight
JC: I personally just started using Ultimate Flora. It's 50 billion per capsule with 10 or so different bacteria. If you're taking something that's in really low doses...you probably won't notice much of an effect. The worst thing about SIBO is you never know how much probiotic you need. I say it's best to start kinda low and then maybe work up from there.

Hopeful: The betaine only works for people who aren't producing enough stomach acid. If it burns the first time you take it, it means one of two things: a. your stomach acid level is normal or b. your stomach acid level is too high. And it I guess it also means you shouldn't be taking it...it can be dangerous after long time term use or if you have a history of stomahc problems like ulcers. Also, people who usually need betaine complain that there stomach never rumbles. Does this fall in line with you? I think other possible side effects would difficultly in gaining weight and undigested food in stool. Hope this helps...

Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:51 pm
by hopeful
JC, I don't know if this means anything but for the first time in over a week last night, I didn't take any probiotics before bed and woke up with a really bad taste/heavy feeling in my mouth this morning. That was the only thing that changed in my routine last night and it was so strong this morning.

Anyways, I take a powdered probiotic from Custom Probiotics in the morning on an empty stomach(6 strains with 260billion CFUs per serving). Then I take all my other pills during the day and than take either 5 or 6 Primadophilus Optima(15 strains with 35billion CFUs per cap) or 5 or 6 Kyo-dophilus 9(9 strains with 3billion CFUs per cap) right before bed.

Twilight, I bought the Betaine because of the other thread. I do have rumbling sounds in my stomach every now and then and definitely have problems with undigested food in my stool. I've never had a burning feeling in my chest before like I did the other night after taking one. Either I've got too much acid right now because of everything else I'm taking or I produce enough stomach acid on my own. Is there a test to find out?

Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:14 am
by findacure
Well, i got my oil and i have been using it for a few days now, not really seen any improvements, but the stuff smells as strong as hell.

A little burning sensation when i brush my teeth with it or drink it with juice but nothing major, my mouth does feel fresh after brushing, the oil doesnt taste very nice but its bearable...

Im going in for my Tonsil op on the 18th December just before Christmas, as i told Sean beforemy family will have to put my christmas dinner through the blender.

Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:22 am
by jc
Thanks guys for the probiotic info. I`ve just started on my third bottle & I`m still good. I`ve gotten a couple of nosewipes yesterday but compared with the past reactions that I get, this is a very good sign for me. It reminds me of when I was just beginning to have bad breath. I suspect that the remaining odor`s coming from my sinus coz those reactions happened while my mouth`s shut. I don`t know how to solve this one coz nasal washes & sprays did not work in the past.

Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:43 am
by mike987
jc wrote:Thanks guys for the probiotic info. I`ve just started on my third bottle & I`m still good. I`ve gotten a couple of nosewipes yesterday but compared with the past reactions that I get, this is a very good sign for me. It reminds me of when I was just beginning to have bad breath. I suspect that the remaining odor`s coming from my sinus coz those reactions happened while my mouth`s shut. I don`t know how to solve this one coz nasal washes & sprays did not work in the past.
do you know if you have any nasal polyps?

Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:03 am
by jc
CT scan didn`t show any polyps & that really surprised my doctor. After not finding any signs of cancer, my doctor insinuated that he can`t do anything for my bad breath anymore.

Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:18 am
by hopeful
How frustrating...but at least you're finding some relief with the oreganol.