Page 3 of 5

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:16 am
by Larc400
mike987 wrote:I could have sworn my friend's girlfriend asked him if he farted, moments after I openly said 2 or 3 words in their direction...
With these things, it's important to be sure of what was actually said. Else we'll go clinically insane quickly. I find that when the bb paranoia sets in, almost any uttered sounds can be perceived as something bb related... ie I hear some vague mumble and perceive it as 'smells like shit in here' etc... because of paranoia. Especially if we've been through similar experiences where it *actually* happened. I think it's best to ask 'eh sorry, what did you say?' straight after, to prevent coming to wrong conclusions...

...so, how sure are you 8) ? We might draw conclusions regarding the nasal irrigation's effectiveness from this, so it's kinda relevant...

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:27 pm
by elliott
Larc400 wrote: ...so, how sure are you 8) ? We might draw conclusions regarding the nasal irrigation's effectiveness from this, so it's kinda relevant...
Overall effectiveness? There will be no way to gauge it with this test. I think personal factors will judge the degree of effect when it comes to irrigation. I have been irrigating for a year now. I've been doing the so-called "stage 2" before I knew it was an actual known process. For me, it has an effect for the 1st 2 hours after doing it, but after that, I am completely back to normal (you know, normal shit breath) But then again, I do not perceive sinus to be a major factor. If I could irrigate my stomach, then maybe I'd see some lasting results! EDIT: I should say that I am judging by taste and feel. I cannot be 100% certain of what other people smell. As far as I can tell, my breath always stinks no. matter. what. This process is more about me feeling that my mouth is clean. You have to start somewhere, and I want to get rid of the bloated feeling and the bad taste

Same with the Pepto Bismol. I notice a difference in the AM, but not 2 hours later. No matter what I do, later in the day, the stench creeps back. I can actually notice the bad sewage taste come back at the exact same time everyday. It's undigested food and digestive fluids. I know it for sure. That stuff seeps up all day long. I try to cover it, and it still comes back.

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:48 pm
by VICKSTER
Hey Mike,
I just read a message (I tend to miss a few days here and there). Did you say that colon hydro therapy was not working ??? Why do you think it failed , and how many treatments did you have?
Also what is the flushing Jimi is talking about??? Thanks Vickster

Positive results with nasal irrigation

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:34 pm
by shakas
I'm somewhat new to this forum so I hope I'm posting in the right place. It's in reference to the nasal irrigation. Since I've benefited from all your experiences, I hope I can also provide some valuable information.

First off, I have to say that I think my bad breath is due to post-nasal drip. I preface with this information since it might be only relevant to those who also have this problem.

I've tried many remedies, probably like many of you, with little positive results. However, I have to say that the stage 2 nasal irrigation has had the most positive affect for me. When I was younger, I used to surf a lot. Whenever I surfed, I would spit out a ton of phlegm. However, after each session, I do remember my breath seeming much more clean. At that time, I didn't put two and two together, but I'm sure it was the salt water from the ocean clearing out my sinuses. I've since moved from California and Hawaii, therefore no longer surf, but I did start to do the stage 2 nasal irrigation. Although not as thorough as dunking your head in ocean water, I think this is the closest you can get to actually clearing out your sinuses without getting in the ocean. It's not perfect, but for those who have postnasal drip, this is a good way to lessen the bad breath.

I've also found a great plastic neti pot that also produces the solution. It's very good and cheap. I've listed the website below. www.neilmed.com I hope this helps someone.

Btw, from reading your posts, I also tried a colonic hydrotherapy. To be perfectly honest, this was VERY, VERY difficult for me. I wasn't used to performing this type of thing, but I was willing to try anything that might help with my bad breath. I only did it once, and I feel it did NOT help one bit. For those who might also have a difficult time performing this, I would avoid this if you're trying to cure bad breath due to post-nasal drip.

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:04 pm
by Larc400
In which way was it difficult..? Gross? Uncomfortable?

Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:44 am
by Need A Cure
Here's a link to a pdf explaining the procedures, and faqs to doing stage 1 thru 3 nasal rinsing.

http://www.yoga-age.com/asanas/jala.pdf

Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:31 am
by mike987
Larc400 wrote:In which way was it difficult..? Gross? Uncomfortable?

I wasn't so uncomfortable doing it.. but I also think my opinion of things is drastically different from the typical realworld opinion.. simply because I don't really take much part in that world.

Before I had the colonic, I thought you just layed down or something and just waited, maybe even took a nap while you get cleaned out by a machine.. but what actually happens, is water is contiuously put into your colon.. You wait till it feels nice and full from the water, then you poop it out.. You do this over and over and over for 45 minutes XD

I can see how someone would think it was uncomfortable.. I found it more interesting than uncomfortable.. though for a while in the beginning, you feel like you're going to poop the tube right out and blast shit water all over the place... That's just your mind messing with you though :p


Vickster, the colonic was worth checking out.. But it's not a solution to bad breath.. A lot of people here including msyelf were looking at hydrotherapy as if it were a cure, or an answer to our problem, but it's not.

It cleans you out nicely.. and perhaps for the next day your breath is noticeably better... But the fact is, you have to consume food.. and what our bodies are doing with that food is the problem.. It's not that there's something jammed in our ass that's the cause of all this. It's, unfortunately, not so simple.
I imagine if you did this every 2 days for the rest of your life, you probably could be BB free.. But again, this is merely a kind of clean up.. this isn't a solution, but a shallow kind of treatment.


As affordable as they are (70 US dollars for a single session) I advise everyone to try it out for themselves.. Not in hopes of eliminating BB, but just because it feels nice watching all that gunk come out of you.. The truth is it comes back all too soon. Still, just try it, even if to check it off your list of things to do before s*****e.

Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:31 pm
by searching
Needacure,

Thank you for the link to Jala Neti Stages 1,2,& 3 document !

I've gone as far as Stage 2 using saline and sodium bicarbonate solution.

Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:43 pm
by elliott
Need A Cure wrote:Here's a link to a pdf explaining the procedures, and faqs to doing stage 1 thru 3 nasal rinsing.

http://www.yoga-age.com/asanas/jala.pdf
Nice document. ...So the urine rinse is not a legend.

Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:38 am
by hopeful
I can't seem to get this technique down. Somebody help me! I bought the neilmed bottle(since it was really difficult with a netipot) and have tried tilting my head back and looking at the ceiling while sending the water up and it's not working. The water always comes back out the other nostril. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I need super specific instructions.

Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:15 am
by Need A Cure
hopeful wrote:I can't seem to get this technique down. Somebody help me! I bought the neilmed bottle(since it was really difficult with a netipot) and have tried tilting my head back and looking at the ceiling while sending the water up and it's not working. The water always comes back out the other nostril. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I need super specific instructions.

Hopeful,

While the water is exiting the opposite nostril gently inhale through your nose, and the fluid will either exit from your mouth or down the back of your throat. Your goal is for the water to exit from your mouth to expel the mucus, and bacteria that accumulates.

All this is day 5 and i'm having moderate success with stage 2. I first do stage 1, and immediately follow it with stage 2 (after brushing my teeth). I also add a half cap full of apple cider vinegar which seems to clear my throat effectively for about 2 hours. The only set back i've experienced is my nose now runs constantly when i'm in a public place ie: sports bar, restaurant, etc. It's a pain, but i'm having less reactions from people pertaining to my breath, so I guess it's a fair trade off. I'm hoping this will continue to work.

Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:36 am
by hopeful
Do you keep your mouth slightly open or closed? Is it absolutely necessary to tilt my head back? My main problem right now besides having it come back out the other nostril while I'm trying to inhale is that I'm also dealing with the water dripping down my face that's exiting from the other nostril. Thus I end up spitting water out of my mouth from that and can't tell if I'm actually spitting out anything that actually came from my nose.

I'm so challenged!!

Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:42 pm
by mike987
hopeful wrote:Do you keep your mouth slightly open or closed? Is it absolutely necessary to tilt my head back? My main problem right now besides having it come back out the other nostril while I'm trying to inhale is that I'm also dealing with the water dripping down my face that's exiting from the other nostril. Thus I end up spitting water out of my mouth from that and can't tell if I'm actually spitting out anything that actually came from my nose.

I'm so challenged!!

check out the pdf that was posted a couple days ago. The yoga one..

It says you can do stage 2 just as you would a stage 1. So tilt your head over the sink and rotate your head to allow the water to exit one nostril as it goe sin the other.. The difference is you are 'sniffing', gently, the water back into your throat.. It's definitely easier than having your head titled back imo.

Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:40 am
by elliott
hopeful wrote:Do you keep your mouth slightly open or closed? Is it absolutely necessary to tilt my head back? My main problem right now besides having it come back out the other nostril while I'm trying to inhale is that I'm also dealing with the water dripping down my face that's exiting from the other nostril. Thus I end up spitting water out of my mouth from that and can't tell if I'm actually spitting out anything that actually came from my nose.

I'm so challenged!!
Try tilting your head the opposite direction (to the side) so that the water cannot drip out the other nostril. Make sure your head is all the way back.

In time, it'll get easier, but for now even if the solution is coming thru the other nostril, it's still effective.

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:58 pm
by hopeful
Thanks for the tips guys. I think I've got it kind of figured out. I don't need to tilt my head back as long as I inhale fairly hard. The only problem now is I seem to be swallowing a lot of it. One step at a time I guess. I must say that I have noticed a difference in my breath in the morning and after using my tung since using my neilmed bottle. Usually I can still smell a bit of that tangy, sour smell on my tung brush after brushing my teeth and brushing my tongue but since starting stage 2 nasal irrigation, I can no longer smell any substance on my brush. Interesting eh.