Page 24 of 31

Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:33 pm
by StillHoping
Fedup, it might be a good idea to followup with your doc. Like you said, just to make sure you don't have an infection!

Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:38 pm
by Jimi Stein
FedUp wrote:can you believe i'm still healing???

Still spitting gobs of bloody tissue with mucus stuck to it.

The smell is slowly fading but jesus christ.

I can feel a scab or something still up there tickling. It has to come any day now. im disgusted that it's taken this long. the bits im snorting out come in little balls of tissue/blood and when i crush them they smell like a real eggy drain. i stunk the work place out the other day and it was the same smell. stuck my finger back there last night, the smell on finger was like blood/fart. this is getting quite tiresome, this shit has to heal soon. 4 weeks post op. it's either infected or my low white blood count is preventing a quick healing process.

edit- the bits im hacking out are not tonsil stones, just dead tissue which smell upon putting to nose but the smell is worse when squished.
I dont understand, It has been like a month and you still dont know if you have less bb or not, this is bullshit, you must see if there are changes or not

Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:26 pm
by NOTANYMORE
Jesus Bro, give the man time to heal....lol

Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:40 am
by jiazzsy
Like you all said, it was indeed the medicines that were doing the trick. I feel the smell is there but reduced. The tonsil scabs are still there and am hoping once they fall off, it will be it for me. After eating ice-cream, I could see some reactions. Now I am a bit scared of talking normally. I will post after I am able to clean the back of my tongue area. Hopefully that should be able to help.

Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:58 pm
by NOTANYMORE
jiazzsy wrote:Like you all said, it was indeed the medicines that were doing the trick. I feel the smell is there but reduced. The tonsil scabs are still there and am hoping once they fall off, it will be it for me. After eating ice-cream, I could see some reactions. Now I am a bit scared of talking normally. I will post after I am able to clean the back of my tongue area. Hopefully that should be able to help.
Wow, I am sorry to hear that. Stay strong my friend. One day you will find your cure.

Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:14 pm
by Jimi Stein
Like I predicted it will not work for everybody like that idiot was claiming 9years. I dont know what he wanted to achieve. Maybe it is really TMAU that we have.....

Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:07 pm
by FedUp
jiazzsy wrote:Like you all said, it was indeed the medicines that were doing the trick. I feel the smell is there but reduced. The tonsil scabs are still there and am hoping once they fall off, it will be it for me. After eating ice-cream, I could see some reactions. Now I am a bit scared of talking normally. I will post after I am able to clean the back of my tongue area. Hopefully that should be able to help.
i wouldn't worry at this point. those scabby areas can fill rooms fill until they disappear. I remember rubbing a cotton bud on my palatine scabs and it stunk bad. as for me, the blood in my mucus has stopped. still hacking up spongey white/yellow chunks from back there. and yes my bb is still there but it's coming from the nasopharynx area 100%. It's no coincidence that the area smells/tastes bad and the bb blowbacks i can smell are consistent. but i need to book a follow up because it shouldn't take this long to heal. next time i hack up more i will post a picture. i hacked up some this morning. i've read a few articles where it says it takes up to 4-6 weeks to fully recover. as for now i'm sure its from nasal area atm.

Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:54 pm
by Archimonde
jiazzsy wrote: After eating ice-cream, I could see some reactions.
Can you describe the reactions?

Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:08 am
by feelitagain
Fedup,

I think I have a similar bb problem as yours. I feel that the smell is coming from the right side and reading your recovery process hasnt given me much optimism for this surgery.

I met up with ENT doc last week and he was able to find small amount of adenoids via endoscopy. All that is left is scheduling for the surgery(I will be removing my tonsils at the same time..he said I do not need septoplasty).

I was hoping to see you get cured before I go through with this as it would cost me quite a lot even with insurance and also little worried that the surgeon wont remove all the things necessary in order to cure the disease.

How confident are you as of right now?

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:36 pm
by optimistic
I've read this entire thread and I feel like this might be my cure, but I think inorder to be fully cured you have to remove your tubal and lingual tonsils as well. I've had my palatine tonsils removed and I'm thinking about getting the other 3 removed.

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:10 am
by FedUp
just an update.

still stinking. however it seems i can catch whiffs of my odor more frequently since the op. this rotten egg/tonsilolith odor seems to coming from the right side of my nasopharynx area. sometimes when i'm talking i can sense/smell it. what's bizarre is that when force air into that area it smells strongly of a tonsillolith. i can taste drainage or saliva coming down the right side, it's quite bitter/sour. i am heart broken that it's not over but at the same time it feels like i'm close on it's tail. i was convinced would be cured. the scabs and lumps i was spitting out tasted/smelt the same as the area behind my nose does... all too confusing. i had cysts and adenoids just the same as 9 years. theres a mixture of smells i get up there on a daily basis- rotten vegetable- rotten egg and tonsil stone. i have another appt booked. surely something causing such a stink can't be missed. still spitting out the odd yellow spongey chunk.

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:24 pm
by StinkBomb
FedUp, sorry to hear the bad news :(

Just curious, how do you know you have bad breath? Have you ever actually asked someone OR have you been basing your assessment on reactions? Did your doctors ever acknowledge that you had bad breath?

Maybe you should consider being tested for TMAU or other blood borne conditions.

I was so much hoping you found your cure.

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:28 pm
by Jimi Stein
this is going on for too long, I would say this adenoid thing does not work 100%

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:45 pm
by feelitagain
After giving a lot of thoughts over last couple months, I have decided to do the surgery(both tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy). It is scheduled for this Friday.

ENT doctor said I have very small tonsils and adenoids. He wants me to test my breath ~3-4 weeks after surgery. I will be on antibiotics after the surgery for 10 days.

About my condition..

-suffering for 15+ years
-have nasal odor
-white coating tongue
-very good teeth condition according to dentist
-mouth gets dry fast after drinking water.
-awful morning breath

Doc told me to take a week off from work but I cant so hopefully that doesnt affect the outcome too much.

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:07 am
by StillHoping
goodluck feelitagain! Lucky you were able to book it soo soon!