Page 4 of 4
Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:48 am
by Jimi Stein
come on dude, that is so irresponsible, she got help from our site and now she just does not care, she might scam us, and telling she has a secret cure from her dentist about her tongue, smells like scam or snakeoil sale
i want to ban her so much, i give her few more days
Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:24 am
by e39
halitosisux wrote:jimi, i suspected my wisdom tooth for a number of years but couldnt convince myself that its extraction would be any different to the failure of my tonsillectomy to make even the slightest difference to my BB. A few years ago my mum, who had suffered with BB for as long as i could remember, had all her teeth out and her BB was gone. This made me think that this problem might not be something i was born with afterall. Then by chance i did an internet search and found cured's wisdom tooth thread, and began researching again and within a couple of months had my tooth out and im now 100% cured.
are u cured now???
Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:15 pm
by halitosisux
I used to have the most horrendous smelling tongue until I removed my right lower wisdom tooth that was producing foul discharge from the gum because the tooth had a huge gum pocket at the back because it was impacted and half sunken into the gum and tissues at the back of my mouth. I still have very low levels of odour at the back of my tongue occasionally. But recently I noticed that my lower left horizontally impacted wisdom tooth which has a small hole on the gum where it's barely starting to come through the gum has some odour, almost like tonsil stone odour when I rub it. So I've decided I'm going to have it removed because I dont want to risk it getting worse as I get older as I'm sure it will do with the hole that's there.
Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:38 am
by ruch
hmm.. that is interesting (that smells can come from small holes). i have a few molars that are in rough shape (i had very bad teeth as a child). i was told these teeth are softer than others and is prone to chipping. i also have porcelain veneers on my teeth. could these also be a cause of bb (bacteria hidden in crevices)?
Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:56 pm
by mike987
ruch wrote:hmm.. that is interesting (that smells can come from small holes). i have a few molars that are in rough shape (i had very bad teeth as a child). i was told these teeth are softer than others and is prone to chipping. i also have porcelain veneers on my teeth. could these also be a cause of bb (bacteria hidden in crevices)?
Sure, but if it was just crevices in your teeth, wouldn't mouthwash take care of your problem pretty easily? Try using mouthwash vigorously a few times a day and see if that does anything for you.
The crevices might add to the problem, but I don't think they
are the problem.
Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:08 pm
by halitosisux
Any sort of gum problem can cause BB. For me the biggest factor was that where my wisdom tooth sat, the gum around it that was forming a pocket kinda moved like a pump every time my jaw moved. So you can imagine a constant cycle of bacteria and nutrients going in and skank moving out. Where this hole is on my other wisdom tooth, the gum doesn't move around as much so there's no constant discharge coming from it, except when I manipulate it with my finger.
It's much harder to say with teeth themselves, but the inside of a tooth is made of living material that can rot and individual teeth can give off bad odour if they're infected in some way. Veneers, caps fillings and crowns can all fail and cause a stench. Using mouthwash to disinfect them probably wont last very long because bacteria will quickly get back in and you'd be back to square one. Apparently there's a chemical that dentists can apply to teeth that can visually show if odour is being produced from a tooth.
Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:00 pm
by CNS
I used to have a wisdom tooth on the bottom left side that caused bb, partly because it's only about 1/2 way out but there's just not enough space for it to emerge fully. As a result some food probably got stuck between the gum and that wisdom tooth, but no matter how much I flossed the smell was still there. I also realised that one way to check would be to puff up your cheeks with air then release the air w/o opening your mouth. The small gust of air will pass through your teeth and that was how I could "taste" the bad smell. Eventually I removed that wisdom tooth through surgery and that bad smell was gone
