Page 4 of 4

Re: Does it not all originate with the tongue?

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:57 pm
by HopefulOne
Thank you Poco333! I’m glad you found something that works for you too. I did research on copper and it appears to kill on contact. I’m going to try it and post my findings. I don’t understand the negativity on this board. There are so many species of bacteria that are susceptible to different bactericides. What works for one may not work for others. Some people may miss out on their cure if they listen to this negativity. Please everyone don’t give up, try different things! What doesn’t work for one, may work for you. Just don’t give up. If your tongue is coated and scraping provides some relief, try different bacteriocides to get rid of the stinky bacteria. Who cares if you have to keep applying it, much better than stinking all day long!!! My routine takes about 5 mins and my breath is fresh ALL day long!!!

Re: Does it not all originate with the tongue?

Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:28 pm
by StillHopeful
Wow I'm actually shocked because after a decade of thinking it was my gut, tonsils, nasal cavities. I think its from my tongue! I ruled it out years ago but 3 days ago I don't know how I did but I brushed so far back my tongue\throat practically down my throat. But I instantly felt like I cleaned something that was caked up and dirty. I continued 2 times a day for the last couple of days and I have no more white coating on my tongue. I gargle every night with salt water fyi.
This year I decided to try the approach of less is more with my bb. I was tired of all the products and my almost 25min teeth brushing sessions.
So I brush my teeth with Colgate total toothpaste mixed with baking soda (only for my teeth). And another, this time only with toothpaste focusing on my mouth and tongue brushing far back (you should feel the lingual tonsils). I rinse w/ water in morning and salt water at night. I'm not 100% cured but I'm definitely 90% there. I also take bitters and/or digestive enzymes (my nasal (fecal) bb has gone the moment I started taking these). My bb is at the point that I can completely mask it w/ gum. You can't imagine the relief, ill perfect the routine and wait 1 month and will make an official post if its successful.

Poco333 plz share how you discovered copper, I would really like to know.

Re: Does it not all originate with the tongue?

Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:41 am
by Beenhereforeva
This post makes sense. I have found Hopeful One’s post and tried her routine. It’s working so far but I’m waiting bc as you know, things usually work for us for a short amount of time. Can you please update us on your condition. Is the copper sulfate still working? I actually bought some but was afraid to use it. I still have it just in case Hopeful One’s method stops working. Please update and I’m so happy you found something that working for you!

Re: Does it not all originate with the tongue?

Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2025 5:33 pm
by Platano
Beenhereforeva wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:41 am This post makes sense. I have found Hopeful One’s post and tried her routine. It’s working so far but I’m waiting bc as you know, things usually work for us for a short amount of time. Can you please update us on your condition. Is the copper sulfate still working? I actually bought some but was afraid to use it. I still have it just in case Hopeful One’s method stops working. Please update and I’m so happy you found something that working for you!
Update?

Re: Does it not all originate with the tongue?

Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2025 8:09 pm
by KL123
poco333 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:28 am
Jimi Stein wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:40 pm it also contaminates the whole area, even the stomach, cause you swallow bacteria, etc all the time....
I realize this is a concern people have. I used to feel the same way, until I figured this copper deal out and it forced me to grapple with the fact that the whole problem was really just my tongue.
The bad bugs that thrive on an unhealthy tongue can also thrive in the tonsils, I'll agree with that. I'll also agree that they can invade the sinuses, to a certain degree, but not as bad as tonsils. But, to worry that they are infecting the rest of the body, ie stomach, intestines, lungs, etc... is something that I have come to completely disagree with. The environment in those places is so extremely different than it is in the mouth.
Then read about SIBO and it's correlation with chronic halitosis, to begin this journey. And hopefully, you will be out of oblivion.

Re: Does it not all originate with the tongue?

Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2025 9:56 pm
by Jimi Stein
poco333 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:25 am
KL123 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:39 am
How is using copper sulfate on the tongue and mouth to kill the odorous bacteria any different than using any other good mouth wash or bleach?

In either case, the bacteria starts to grow back and breath starts to stink if you don't stay on top of it.

So again copper sulfate seems like just another way of masking the problem but not really curing it or attacking the root cause.

The excessive production of this odorous bacteria and gasses is the cause... sh!t pilling up on the tongue is only the end effect.

Instead of copper sulfate, scrape the tongue, brush teeth and put a drop or two of Hibiclens on the dorsum and see if it's equally good instead of taking the risk with copper sulfate.
I'm not a microbiologist and I don't have a way to explain, scientifically, why copper works. I just know that it does and I was so grateful to have stumbled upon it that I felt obligated to say something. Even if I only help one person, its worth it. None of the other stuff--bleach, chlorhexidine, etc, etc ever worked for me, with 20 years of experience. They would provide temporary relief, but in less than an hour that bad taste would creep back into my mouth. Copper is so effective against those bb bugs (in my case anyways) that I noticed immediately that it worked. It takes time to get rid of those bacteria, so yes they do grow back in a couple days, but in an ever weakened state. They are losing ground all the time.
I had mentioned in an earlier post using chelated copper but I should state that chelated is bound to protein so that it will stay intact until it gets further into the digestive system before it is broken down, so it is not nearly as effective as Cu sulfate which dissolves immediately on the tongue. I still think the neat thing about copper is that it is an essential nutrient that the body needs everyday. It could be that people like me just have a copper deficiency issue.
I will continue to stand my ground that the tongue is the root cause. It is for people like me anyways. I still wish there was a way for people to post pictures of their tongue on here, especially the back!
Poco is it still working? I might have to try it lol