Page 4 of 5

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:51 am
by hopeful
It's been a few weeks since I got my nasal bottle and I'm STILL having trouble doing stage 2 correctly. There's so much water dripping down my face from trying all the different positions. It's frustrating but I'm going to keep trying.

The one time I did manage to do it correctly, I felt a huge blob of mucous passing to my mouth. I spat it out and it was a pretty big blob with some brown in it. I couldn't believe that was just sitting up there. It felt so good to get it out especially since I didn't even realize what was up there.

I manage to remove this mucous by spraying the water up hard. No gently squirts and no head tilting. I just kept my head over the sink like you would do with stage 1. If I did inhale I wasn't consciously aware of it. The only time I seem to be able to get water to come back out through the mouth is if I squirt hard and a lot up at once. Anyways, just thought I share in case anyone is having trouble with stage 2 jala neti as well.

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:33 pm
by emotional rescue
guys,

any good results to update??

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:03 pm
by Bloorain
I'm so glad you asked. I've been getting a little relief but only for about a couple hours or less.

But I've been using something called called Simply Saline which i picked up about a week ago from the local drug store. Now when I first picked this up, I thought oh its another salt, water, baking soda type thing like Neilmed. But on the bottle its described as a "comforting mist dries congestion as gentle misting flushes dust, dirt, pollen and congestion from nasal and sinus passages." Ingredients are: purified water,3% sodium chloride.

This has been a total shock to me that this has been the cause all along, I was totally convinced my odor was no where near sinus or allergy or cold or congested related. In fact, I barely have any allergies at all except for seasonal type stuff. In the Spring and Summer and its the dead of Winter here. And I had seen several ENTs who gave me a clean bill of health.

I've been home using this for the past 7 days and my family confirmed that when I use this stuff, after say 10 minutes, the odor is gone. But then comes back after 2 to 3 hours.
Also, for the first time last Friday, I was able to have a straight face to face conversation with my boss and he didn't flinch not once.

Anyway, since it APPEARS(???) that this is where my problem lies, I figured why not re-visit the nasal irrigation which I'd done before using Neilmed but this time, do the stage 2 that Searching suggested and see if that would give me longer relief. So what I started doing yesterday is twice a day (morning and night) after brushing my teeth with Tom's toothpaste, and gargling with water, I've been doing the stage 2 nasal irrigation, then two squirts each in each nostril of the Simply Saline. The good thing is I could simply carry it with me in my purse and use it as I need to to.

Like lots of other stuff, I don't know if I'll just become immuned to these methods and have to start all over again but I feel I at least now I have a point of reference that I could follow up on. I have to say thank you soooo much to Searching for posting this info. For the longest time, I skipped over these type posts and said to myself oh that's not my problem. My problem's digestive, or acid reflux, or I have an ulcer or stress is causing this or something and that might very well be the case for many other people. But I guess what I'm saying is I should not have been so quick to excluded this.

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:57 am
by john
searching you got PM

Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:51 pm
by OneDay111
I have almost mastered stage three extremely hard to do....

What u do

> Face looking at ur chest xD
>Push the solution back (Do not swallow)
>Then Push it down

This is VERY UNCOMFATABLE


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OneDay we will Be cured

Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:39 am
by Hal_1t0515
searching wrote:After using this technique for about 2 months I can now say, with confidence, it is definitely working for me. It has become a part of my morning routine and it provides effective and satisfying results.
Searching, how do you stop the saline solution from going down the throat? I kept getting the gag reflex every time I tried Stage 2 irrigation.

Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:57 am
by elliott
Hal_1t0515 wrote:
searching wrote:After using this technique for about 2 months I can now say, with confidence, it is definitely working for me. It has become a part of my morning routine and it provides effective and satisfying results.
Searching, how do you stop the saline solution from going down the throat? I kept getting the gag reflex every time I tried Stage 2 irrigation.
It just takes practice. In a few weeks, you won't gag even if you swallow shit.

Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:51 am
by Charley
Has anyone moved on to stage 3?

Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:21 pm
by deebas
I think there's definetly something to this as when I tried I also had a lot of clear mucous coming out of my mouth. My problem is trying to keep it up for 600ml without gagging or swallowing too much of the mucous.

Hopefully after a few more times, I'll be able to do it straight thru.

No effect on the BB yet tho.

Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:48 pm
by macks86
am i doing something wronG? ive tried for so long to nasal irrigate, but it just either the solution goes straight down my throat, not allowing me to build up and discharge from my mouth and spit out; or just comes out the same nostrl it went in, wont even pass through....

any help anyone, have tried so many prescribed/non prescribed meds and really want t perservere with the nasal irrigation, just want to know how to do it effectively

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:22 pm
by deebas
Yeah its definetly not easy.. recommend doin it in the shower..

Once i snort the water thru the nose, I usually try and expel it out of my mouth similar to before you would normally extract saliva to spit. Then hopefully the stream will follow..

Sometimes I find it works and other times it can get frustrating.. you just have to keep doin it.

Be interested to know if other ppl have found an easy reliable way.

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:42 pm
by Hassan
How is stage 2 done?? I tilt my head back, but the water just seems to disapear, doesnt come out other nose, or down my throat. Please someone explain in detail the procedure for sucessfully passing the water down your throat and spited out mouth

Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:17 am
by Jimi Stein
Do the sinus flucsh with peroxide, just put like 2 drops in each nostril

it is way better than neti pot

Read about sinus flooding on the home page articles

Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:18 am
by Archimonde
Jimi, didn't you say it burned your nostrils and hurt alot?

Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:59 am
by Jimi Stein
Not anymore, in fact my sinus kind of healed, and I dont get the junk anmore fromthe nose, but still have bb, apparently it is coming directly from the tongue, and sinuses do not have such a stong effect on bb