Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:43 pm
A few days ago I promised to give a report. Here it is - and it's not good news:
Suspecting that I might have Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBA), I decided to take several items on a daily basis. Two colon cleansing pills, Colotox and Acai Daily Cleanse as well a a tablespoon of coconut oil with a couple of drops of oil of oregano added. The oils are supposed to have antibacterial properties. The oil of oregano tastes horrible. After a few days of this, I began to get abdominal pains. I don't know if the pain came from the small intestine or the colon, but it got worse for several days and kept me awake at night. If I do have excessive bacteria in the intestines, then they decided to fight back and I was forced to retreat. The bacteria are winning. I stopped taking all of that stuff and I am slowly getting back to normal. I do not have the intention to continue with the items mentioned. I am still taking probiotics (Probiotic Advantage from Mountain Home Nutritionals). These are tiny pearls that I have been taking for about three years. I have found them to be beneficial and they have never caused any harm. I believe they are safe.
For the time being, I will leave my digestive tract alone and just concentrate on the oral environment. As previously reported, after normal tooth brushing I scrape my tongue, brush the tongue with an antibacterial toothpaste and then use an antibacterial rinse. This cuts down on my breath odor about 80% and gets me through the day. As far as eliminating the underlying cause of my bad breath is concerned, I still don't have the answer.
Suspecting that I might have Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBA), I decided to take several items on a daily basis. Two colon cleansing pills, Colotox and Acai Daily Cleanse as well a a tablespoon of coconut oil with a couple of drops of oil of oregano added. The oils are supposed to have antibacterial properties. The oil of oregano tastes horrible. After a few days of this, I began to get abdominal pains. I don't know if the pain came from the small intestine or the colon, but it got worse for several days and kept me awake at night. If I do have excessive bacteria in the intestines, then they decided to fight back and I was forced to retreat. The bacteria are winning. I stopped taking all of that stuff and I am slowly getting back to normal. I do not have the intention to continue with the items mentioned. I am still taking probiotics (Probiotic Advantage from Mountain Home Nutritionals). These are tiny pearls that I have been taking for about three years. I have found them to be beneficial and they have never caused any harm. I believe they are safe.
For the time being, I will leave my digestive tract alone and just concentrate on the oral environment. As previously reported, after normal tooth brushing I scrape my tongue, brush the tongue with an antibacterial toothpaste and then use an antibacterial rinse. This cuts down on my breath odor about 80% and gets me through the day. As far as eliminating the underlying cause of my bad breath is concerned, I still don't have the answer.