Your Email Address:

First Name:

What is the wisdom behind meeting others with bad breath?

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
firebreath
Junior

Post by firebreath »

brightonguy ,this is puzzling me, seriously!
The BB of mine truly pisses me off everyday i meet new people,i can bet that you will smell me and me smell you
I cannot believe it , i think we should meet up for a day after the new year perhaps? ,i am in birmingham ,what do u reckon?

malory
Master
stress factor

Post by malory »

I agree with what Brightonguy has said about stress influencing our breath. Before I started my current job I had nowhere near the odour problems I have now. The stress of teaching for the past 6 years has exacerbated everything so that bb resultng from my TMAU has overtaken my life. Before teaching, I worked part-time in less stressful jobs and/or sporadically. I was more concentrated on my children. Not only was the bb less consistent but it was also less potent. I am sure of this because of the milder reactions and comments, both of which were minimal compared to what I have experienced these past 6 or 7 years. Now the bb is more constant but also so bad at times that people will get up and move away from me without me even talking. If I shout, it can be smelt from 3 metres away SOMETIMES. I am sure stress has made things worse and I am determined to concentrate on this aspect of things seeing as the TMAU diet is not doing too much for me at the moment. I don't smell so much when I am relaxed and this means stress/worry/fear of smelling is the KEY to making things worse for me. so hypnotherapy here I come. And like Alexander Luther has said in his posts - get rid of the fear.
firebreath
Junior

Post by firebreath »

malory , i wish that was true , but personally , i think , stress / anxiety / pressure has little to do with the kind of BB we have.I think the older we get , the more we think about it and worry about it and so we are more aware of it in our daily lives.
I can honestly tell that when i am close to someone , even the tiniest of movement of fiddling with noses,sniffing loudly,coughing,sneezing,yawning,breathing out heavily switches on my BB alarm signal.

I have many relatives and they are nice people too,but i am almost always happier alone - and of course more relaxed but my breath still smells of course.
Luckily for me , i work alone in my own office at work,but first , i have to go through another office to get there,my heart beats faster at this point since sometimes there could be a few people there and even the boss - which requires me to do a few minutes of small talk,trust me i absolutely hate those situations, but , i think the smell is the same , maybe i am breathing less than i should.
Another point is that its very difficult to gauge how bad we smell , since we cannot smell ourselves the way someone else can smell us,so we may sometimes have false perceptions of ourselves - most of the times during the day , i cannot even smell anything myself (except mornings) but the stink is definitely there.
Psychological methods like your idea of hypnotherapy is great if it helps you mentally to cope - good luck with it.
deebo

BB MEETUP GROUPS ???????

Post by deebo »

azishazi wrote:meetups helped me the most eventhough I've only done it once.

you can ask them, and then know for sure that you really do have it. I met someone who said that I did no have any. So it made me more confused.

I want to meet up with more people just for assurity because recently I feel like I am cured most times but I feel like I have bb alot of times, based on how my mouth feels.
Wait .. You mean there are BB meet up groups ? Any links ?

I actually searched for them and nothing
azishazi
Junior

Post by azishazi »

cool wrote:
Scientist42 wrote: 90% of the time, people with halitosis can't smell other members with halitosis at the meetups.
what do you think is the reason for this?
does that mean a bb sufferer will not be able in the mayority of tries to smell another bb sufferer?
or wont they tell each other honestly?
or do most of them dont have any bb?
or what did you mean by saying so?
thats the confusing part. the 2 times I've met people , we could not smell of each other. The last person I met said he has smelled it of other people before and so have I.

Would it be possible that 2 people with same PND condition would not be able to smell each other, because I have definately smelled bb before, like i know my nose is working fine !
azishazi
Junior

Re: BB MEETUP GROUPS ???????

Post by azishazi »

deebo wrote:
azishazi wrote:meetups helped me the most eventhough I've only done it once.

you can ask them, and then know for sure that you really do have it. I met someone who said that I did no have any. So it made me more confused.

I want to meet up with more people just for assurity because recently I feel like I am cured most times but I feel like I have bb alot of times, based on how my mouth feels.
Wait .. You mean there are BB meet up groups ? Any links ?

I actually searched for them and nothing

Nope. I just try to find people in the city and contineously now a days I am posting and asking if anyone lives in Atlanta, GA :P
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic