Page 1 of 2
UK Weekend Breath/ body odour Meetup, London, March 8/9th
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:06 am
by Scientist42
Hi guys,
I am holding the next UK Group Weekend Meetup in London on March 8th and 9th. It is over 2 days to allow people from far to attend.
That's right guys. All members are welcome to attend the UK Meetups that I have organized in London. To be eligible, you must have bad breath. The only exception I made was when we invited 3 professors and researchers from the University of London.
I am only too delighted if members come from abroad. I myself am Indian in origin. I have hosted members from other countries in the past and some have stayed at my house for many days. I even had 3 members who spent the Xmas vacation with me and we made turkey together!
I have had members come and stay with me from as far away as Sydney, Australia! So Scandinavians are certainly welcome also.
We have had varied activities in our Meetups. We used to go go-karting, pub lunches, long walks by the river and there have been 2 Meetups at the Thames Festival in London. If there are a good number of us in March then we can go 10-pin bowling and pub lunch. Who would like that?
Please phone me at home one evening if you are interested. My number is +44 (0) 1375 484 269. I only check message boards and emails occasionally so phoning me is best.
So, who is coming from this group guys?
Arun Nagrath
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:56 pm
by Jimi Stein
Hi Arun
I wonder why you dont post here more???
Why ??
I wonder if there is somebody interested to rent the house together in London. I would be interested, we can really get into things. I was in London already but shared house with some prick, so I moced out. It would be nice if 5 of us would just rent a house and live there. THat would be great. We need company, if nobody else wants to meet with us we should keep company ourselves.
Lets do it. I can move to London anytime for long term.
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:47 am
by Larc400
Good idea Jimi. I would've done it, but I just moved *from* London a year ago, so not returning for a while. I'm sure living in a place like that would fast-forward the process of finding a 'cure'. I think there are a few ppl from London on these forums who might be up for it...

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:44 pm
by Scientist42
Hi Jimi,
Congratulations on setting up a popular site. People are starting to feel less alone with these problems. We can see that by the numbers on this site.
I have been away from ALL the odour sites for a long while due to personal reasons but I have very recently returned (since the New Year) and intend to devote a lot of time posting about things like:-
1 Building an Odour Database that classifies us according to symptoms and suggests a protocol for treatment
2 Group chats (I used to host these in a big way in the past, some with voice and, for members who knew each other, even webcams!)
3 Group Meetups I have organized at least 20 - 30 Group Meetups, most having 4 or 5 people but some having 10 plus academics.
As for living together, where are you living now Jimi? I once suggested we all get together and buy a small island in the South Pacific. Who knows? .... hehe
Right now my place is full and I haven't got space to swing a cat. My suggestion is that we keep in touch periodically as a Group by phone and by the Sunday chats. Yes, let's get these chats going guys!
Arun
Re: UK Weekend Breath/ body odour Meetup, London, March 8/9t
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:53 pm
by findacure
Scientist42 wrote: We have had varied activities in our Meetups. We used to go go-karting, pub lunches, long walks by the river and there have been 2 Meetups at the Thames Festival in London. If there are a good number of us in March then we can go 10-pin bowling and pub lunch. Who would like that?
Please phone me at home one evening if you are interested. My number is +44 (0) 1375 484 269. I only check message boards and emails occasionally so phoning me is best.
So, who is coming from this group guys?
Arun Nagrath
Im up for it, i will give u a call soon...
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:11 am
by mike987
haha, our own personal island. That'd be sweet.
But I'd have so little to contribute to it
Then again, if we live the simple life.. any healthy man can chop wood while the women attend the cows, right?
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:34 pm
by maclean
that sounds great jimmy i would love that i find it so hard living with my mum and dad and we need to be with each other.even when i lived with my wife i found it so so hard so it would be better and we would have more company.
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:50 pm
by Scientist42
Hey Mike, chopping wood sounds like hard work. Perhaps we could contribute by running our own distillery and making sure members are happy 24/7

Arun
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:27 pm
by Larc400

Wasn't the BB pacific island my copyrighted idea

?
Okay, I'll give you joint copyright, Arun
If we haven't found a Solution within 2 years I think we should seriously consider something like that... ...I mean, living on such an island would be pretty good with or without bb...

Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:07 am
by maclean
wow thats a dream how beautiful.
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:16 pm
by Scientist42
Hey Larc,
I like the island, it's beautiful !! Hey didn't we look into this 3 years back and find the price for a small island between 10 people quite affordable?
I suspect prices have gone up a lot now though
Hey, another option is if one of us has a dad who is rich. Any takers anyone?
Arun
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:22 pm
by Busted
The island is not such a good idea. It may be a good idea for those who suffer from it, but a bad idea for future generations. You do not know if the children will have the same problem or not.
The house however is a pretty good idea. Since you feel you can't communicate with someone who does not suffer from CH, you can communicate with someone who understands exactly what you are goin through.
Re: UK Weekend Breath/ body odour Meetup, London, March 8/9t
Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:54 am
by findacure
Scientist42 wrote:Hi guys,
So, who is coming from this group guys?
Just wanted to know if anyone was actaully coming, and how many, if any? Im hoping to be there hopefully hungreygirl will be attending too, im going to email her, just to confirm.
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:39 am
by hungrygirl
Hey everybody!!
So is anyone actually going to this meetup? I would most defenetly go if i knew im not gonna be the only one there!!
Maclean, i think you said that you are in London, are you planning to come?
Anyone else? The weather is nice, we have the trees flowering!!

Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:12 pm
by maclean
hi there i would love to come.yes im from london how many of us are going?