Your Email Address:

First Name:

WHAT DOES EVERYONE EAT?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
issy154
Junior

WHAT DOES EVERYONE EAT?

Post by issy154 »

I think for the most part my bad breath was caused by eating sweets all the time when I was little and never properly brushing my teeth and flossing everyday.

I also had a lot of cavities on my baby teeth, followed by braces, and yah dah yah dah.

I'm filippino and eat rice everyday and chicken and noodles. Does what you eat everyday and what you've grew up eating in the past affect it at all?

I'm not fat, I'm 19 and weigh 100 lbs, play sports (which honestly made my breath worse) and floss and brush everyday, so I don't understand the problem. I never had an alcoholic drink or smoked either. Life is a bitch!

mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

i have a hunch that more thin people have badbreath..

i'm not sure the reasoning behind it, but maybe it has to do with fast metabolisms and other factors..

i'm 22 and weigh about 124lbs.. i dont play sports but i exercise and weight train often
issy154
Junior

Post by issy154 »

So would I have to get fat to be rid of it?!
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

That's what I thought too, since I'm a bit underweight too. But I'm pretty sure there are others here who do have a healthy weight and still suffer from chronic halitosis. Noptical for instance told me he weighs about 143 lbs and about 5'9 which means he has a healthy weight.

What is your height and body mass index, issy?
issy154 wrote:I'm filippino and eat rice everyday and chicken and noodles. Does what you eat everyday and what you've grew up eating in the past affect it at all?
Same here but pretty much everything I eat makes my breath worse. I don't think the food you ate in the past has somthing to do with itn unless you're allergic to some food which you do not know.
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

Guys I don't know your height but it seems you're really underweight so unless you're female and not on some diet I think you should have your digestive system checked, it could be related to your bad breath.
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

man, this is interesting, i have a really fast metabolism too.

If i don´t eat very much, i loos weight.

Now i´m working out in a gym last 8 months, but if i don´t eat much, i loos weight again.

I´m 1.85 tall, and i weight 69 kg.

I´m doing all the allergy test now and when it´s done i will go to the gastroenteroligist

please keep posting your weight
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

emotional rescue wrote:man, this is interesting, i have a really fast metabolism too.

If i don´t eat very much, i loos weight.

Now i´m working out in a gym last 8 months, but if i don´t eat much, i loos weight again.

I´m 1.85 tall, and i weight 69 kg.

I´m doing all the allergy test now and when it´s done i will go to the gastroenteroligist

You have got a healthy weight ER. I don't think your weight is a problem.

You're body mass index is

69/(1,85)² = 20,16

Any number between 18,5 and 24,9 means you have a healthy weight.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

When I was in 20s I weighet 65 kg and 187 cm, that was perfect weight

now I have 85 but more muscle mass
issy154
Junior

Post by issy154 »

I'm 5' 3" and weigh 100 and have never dieted before.

Is this healthy?
hungrygirl
Advanced

Post by hungrygirl »

I'm hungry.
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

hungrygirl wrote:I'm hungry.
Me too. I want to go grab some yogurt from the fridge but its 3:45am and I'm too lazy to go all the way to the kitchen. Especially since bathroom and bed are much closer.
issy154 wrote:I'm 5' 3" and weigh 100 and have never dieted before.

Is this healthy?
No its not. Your BMI is 17,7 which is less than 18,5 which makes you underweight. Go get something greasy to eat damnit.
xoxo
Advanced

Post by xoxo »

emotional rescue wrote:
I'm 1.63cm, 44kg. O:)
issy154
Junior

Post by issy154 »

Greasy foods make my breath potent, yet I used to eat A LOT of it and still wouldn't gain weight.

I do eat a lot. My metabolism is just crazy. I just never gain anything..........
Belle
Junior

Post by Belle »

Its funny you have all been discussing what you eat. I visited an ENT surgeon yesterday, trying to persuade him to remove my tonsils. he put the scope up my nose and down my throat, said everything looked very healthy, he said my lingual tonsils look great and he took swabs from my palatine tonsils, but all in all he said everything looked fine. He also asked to smell my breath, which he then said smelled fine (all he could smell was garlic from my lunch), i must admit to being shocked that it smelled fine. I felt like a fraud, i have been eating vit c constantly over the last week so it may be that has been working, i dont know.

anyway he was explaining to me that there is research available about peoples metabolisms and that some people just cannot eat certain foods, if they do it kicks off something metabolic and can result in a smell. he used the example of some people eating asparagus and there pee being really smelly. he said that he wouldnt take my tonsils out until he has investigated other avenues and wants to do more research into this metabolic theory.

he also wants me to go back and see him when "i think my breath is smelly" cos he needs to know what it smells like. i told him that people sniff their babys nappies when im around, thinking they have pood, but i dont think he believed me.

also told my best friend yesterday about it, she was also shocked and said she had never noticed, im starting to think that im losing my mind. i told her she had noticed, i have lost count how many times she thought her daughter had a dirty nappy when i was around. she wasnt aware of this!!

regarding the weight thing, im 5ft 5 inches and 119lbs, defo not underweight!!

another thing he asked me to try was a mouthwash (yes another mouthwash!!!) he knows about it from when he worked in New Zealand, its called "Bliss Throatguard". anybody tried it or know about it?
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

Belle wrote:He also asked to smell my breath, which he then said smelled fine (all he could smell was garlic from my lunch)
I'm laughing that you had garlic for lunch, then went to an ENT about your breath. :D

I'm almost underweight, I'm right above the limit. (5'11-140lbs.) But I've always been smaller and slim...just have small bones, and I try not to eat lots of greasy stuff (anymore). I've always wondered about the connection though.

So, how many people are overweight w/ BB? That should clear this argument up.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic