Page 1 of 2

My last Ditch Effort

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:58 am
by thanatos
It's been a long time coming, but it begins this week as all my products are coming in & I begin my mostly raw diet.

1.) $400 Blendtech Blender for my fruit/vegetable smoothies

2.) $25 Sauerkraut Maker (for Leuconostoc, Lactobacillus, and Pediococcus bacteria strains)

3.) $30 E3 Probiotic Powder (Loads of Soil-Based Organisms/Probiotics which will be added to the Sauerkraut maker)

4.) Kefir Yogurt Starter (Lactobacillus Caucasus, Leuconostoc, Acetobacter species, and Streptococcus bacteria species)

5.) $50 ThreeLac (anti-Candida)

6.) $25 Pro-M Internal Deodorizer (same as Champex)

7.) $30 ParaGONE Advanced Cleanse System (anti-parasite)

Fermented foods: Miso, Tempeh & Sauerkraut.

Sea Plants: Dulse seaweed, Chlorella algae & Spirulina.

Grasses: Wheat Grass, Barley Grass.

I'll eat home made beef jerky from my dehydrator once a day & two slices of what/oat bread with raw almond or peanut butter & fruit preserves daily. The bread will be the only part of my diet that is not raw & the small amount of beef jerky will be the only meat I'll consume.

I'm going to try my best to get most of my fruits and vegetables from local markets where they are typically grown organically - at least less treated than commercial produce.

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:42 am
by thanatos
:-k

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:46 pm
by elliott
Good job. It is hard to change the entire diet like this. You have to leave yourself allowances to cheat, otherwise your cravings will take over and you'll ruin the progress.

I had thought sauerkraut was upsetting my digestion further... maybe I should have stuck with it longer. Maybe sometimes when you make these changes you'll get worse before you get better, keep that in mind. Please keep your efforts posted! Good luck. =D>

Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:27 am
by hopeful
Keep up the updates please! I'm really interested to see what results you achieve.

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:13 am
by mike987
I'm sure you'll find positive results in such a strict diet...

But wouldn't you say that the moment you consume something like a cheeseburger or some kind of mexican meal, you're bad breath will immediately return?

Or do you believe that sticking with this diet long enough will eventually rid your body of the problem entirely?

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:32 am
by thanatos
mike, I'd say both to a degree. I'm not sure what's going to happen, but my goal is to Alter the flora within my digestive tract and within my mouth via consumption of various beneficial bacteria to promote a less friendly environment for the bad bacteria, yeast overgrowth and/or fungus overgrowth. I'm also shooting for making my body as healthy and efficient as I can through diet so that my body doesn't fill up with garbage, toxins, etc. which should help/

If I do eat crap food now and then, I'm sure I'll get bad breath, but perhaps it won't be so severe and I'll be able to get a better hold on it sooner.

Tonight I had my first crap meal in over a week. A double whopper (no cheese, no mayo, no onions) combo with a diet coke. Usually this would be a death sentence. Though my breath was bad, it actually felt cleaner than usual. I'm noticing that my saliva is taking on a thinner viscosity.

The only thing I can say has happened thus far is how fresher my mouth feels & how cleaner & thinner my saliva feels. It might be a while before I notice any real, certain results regarding my breath though. I've just barely started this diet anyway. I sure wish USPS would hurry up in getting me my blender.

Working two full-time jobs makes this difficult, so I'll have to do it step by step until I develop a routine that fits my schedule

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:37 pm
by elliott
thanatos wrote:mike, I'd say both to a degree. I'm not sure what's going to happen, but my goal is to Alter the flora within my digestive tract and within my mouth via consumption of various beneficial bacteria to promote a less friendly environment for the bad bacteria, yeast overgrowth and/or fungus overgrowth. I'm also shooting for making my body as healthy and efficient as I can through diet so that my body doesn't fill up with garbage, toxins, etc. which should help/

If I do eat crap food now and then, I'm sure I'll get bad breath, but perhaps it won't be so severe and I'll be able to get a better hold on it sooner.

Tonight I had my first crap meal in over a week. A double whopper (no cheese, no mayo, no onions) combo with a diet coke. Usually this would be a death sentence. Though my breath was bad, it actually felt cleaner than usual. I'm noticing that my saliva is taking on a thinner viscosity.

The only thing I can say has happened thus far is how fresher my mouth feels & how cleaner & thinner my saliva feels. It might be a while before I notice any real, certain results regarding my breath though. I've just barely started this diet anyway. I sure wish USPS would hurry up in getting me my blender.

Working two full-time jobs makes this difficult, so I'll have to do it step by step until I develop a routine that fits my schedule
Yeah, I suggest forgetting about the smell, and focusing on how you feel overall. Any relief is going to start there.

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:58 am
by thanatos
Got my blender. Boy is it powerful.

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:09 am
by mike987
hm.. so this blender .. i just realized how handy this could be.\

You could blend all kinds of fruits and other healthy things together and just drink your supper! How handy and convenient!

Who needs solid food! It's probably easier on your bowels having it in smoothie form too.

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:33 pm
by thanatos
liquefying the fruits and vegetables saves your body energy used to digest & it releases more nutrients as well.

Blending a variety of low-glycemic fruits, adding some greens, almond milk & flax oil should be a tasty and very healthy meal. Faster than cooking and not more expensive than eating out or even the typical American grocery diet.

Clean up is EASY. Just add a cup of water with a drop of dish washing liquid and blend for a few seconds. Rinse and you're done!

Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:15 am
by thanatos
So far the results aren't spectacular. My biggest problem is getting the right smoothies made that won't make my breath really bad. Experimenting can get expensive.

I added a product called Vitamineral Green. Lots of greens/vegetable powder with a lot of probiotics and minerals.

I feel the Pro-M works at least in making my gas smell fant instead of grossly offensive.

But surprisingly, the pickled seaweed I make seems to make my mouth more fresh than any product. It does have the ability to absorb metals & toxins in our bodies. Perhaps it's the vinegar. Pickles also seem to help a bit. Again, could be the vinegar.

Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:16 am
by Larc400
Thanx for update =D>

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:31 pm
by mike987
thanatos wrote: I feel the Pro-M works at least in making my gas smell fant instead of grossly offensive.
Ah, this agrees with what I'm currently experiencing.
I was taking a 50billion organisms Probiotic once a day for 30 days after the colon cleanse I had.. I recently finished that up and am noticing a return of the really bad gas >.<

Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:26 pm
by elliott
I haven't been blending veggies, but I have been eating completely clean lately. The week before last I didn't eat any meat. I definitely felt better, my mouth felt fresher (I think) but the mucous was still there, and it felt like the smell was more concentrated in the throat. I was, however relieved from the gassy gut feeling during the entire test. Overall, still same BB, but I think there is potential to at least cutting down in protein.

Only issue is that I am starting to look puny, and feel weak. It's like I have to pick one. Lose weight, or stinky breath. Which one?

Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:14 pm
by lastone69
Yea Ive been doing the same kind of diet as you guys (anti-Candida actually) and I also bought a juicer and took the probiotics, digestive enzymes, chlorella, and some internal cleansing capsules as well. After 2 days I started going to the bathroom 3 times comfortably everyday for 2 weeks and then for the past 2 weeks ive been more constipated and gassey. I think that it may be caused by the large amounts of raw fiber that I've been taking and my body is having trouble trying to digest it all.

I was researching last night more towards the liver/gallbladder side of the problem and found this really good site which you guys should read in its entirety. The lady who runs the site basically used chinese medicine and the conventional gallbladder flush to help with her problems. Too much to cover on here, but you should read all the information on the site. Basically you would take Chinese BItters for 2 weeks to help cool down and decongest the liver, then GCG (Gold Coin Grass) for 2-3 weeks to break down the gallstones so they will be more easily passed during the gallbladder flush which is the 3rd step. The step-by-step instructions are on the site. www.sensiblehealth.com