Page 1 of 1

Tired?

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:39 pm
by Larc400
I'm trying to find out if there might be a physiological correlation between chronic halitosis & constant mental fatigue/tiredness/brain fog.

Please reply if you've experienced such symptoms, which are *not* due to lack of sleep, depression etc.

I experience this ... like I'm only 50% 'there' ... for large parts of the day, especially after meals, or when reading for long periods etc. It may be totally independent of the halitosis problem, but there may be a connection. For example, the oral bacterial overgrowth can cause problems in other parts of the body/circulation/brain etc etc...

:arrow:

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:52 pm
by lastone69
Yes, I have all those conditons including poor digestion. All of these conditions starting occuring the same time as the BB.

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:38 pm
by yeagermeister
I have the same deal.

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:49 pm
by nelly
I have had bb since late childhood, along with tiredness.

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:02 pm
by john
same here,constant mental fatigue/tiredness/brain fog.
hmmm this interesting

Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:35 am
by emotional rescue
I don´t have mental fatigue but i do have fisical, body fatigue......I feel like i have to take vitamin suplements and eat very well to equilibrate this and even with this sometimes i´m still weak or tired,
and i tend to loose weight if i don´t eat very well or stop working out....

i checked this sometimes with blood tests and such things but everything seems to be ok....


Another thing, specially after my laser tonsillecthomy i tend to be thirsty most of the time, i don´t know if it is in part for the pnd, i feel like a lump in my thorat and thirsty......did you experience this guys??

Re: Tired?

Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:51 am
by xoxo
Larc400 wrote:I'm trying to find out if there might be a physiological correlation between chronic halitosis & constant mental fatigue/tiredness/brain fog.

:arrow:
I used to get frontal headaches on top of all those symptoms. If you haven't get tested for allergies i suggest you do it... I have food allergies and vasomotor rhinitis. A lifestyle/diet change did help my condition but the journey is a long one. Frontal headaches/brain fog/mental fatigue are totally gone.

Good Luck.

Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:27 am
by confused
lastone69 wrote:Yes, I have all those conditons including poor digestion. All of these conditions starting occuring the same time as the BB.
how do you know if you have bad digestion? and can you taste bad breath from it?

Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:35 pm
by elliott
Nice post Larc. You brought out a lot of lurkers [-( , who we need to share experiences with. The more correlation we can find between symptoms, and the more consistent the issues are, the better a grasp we can have. C'mon out of the shadows stinky freaks!

---

I used to get "slow" or "not quite 100%" feeling, but I think that has stopped over the last few years. I eat pretty well, I work out (50% of the year anyway), and I keep stimulating my mind by learning new things. I don't know if that is what gives me energy, but I rarely feel like I'm tired anymore. I get good sleep most of the time, I'm less stressed at work, and I really try to not let this curse get to me.

Perhaps there are little things you can do to energize yourselves and pick up from the rut. For sure mental and physical fatigue are sure-fire signs of depression. Balance the horror of a BB life with something that you can enjoy. Otherwise you'll go crazy. I'm learning music stuff. It's something I can do alone, and BB is not a factor.

---

I get thirsty as hell too though. Even if I drank 2 litres of water a day! Especially at night time, my throat feels so soar and dry, it feels like it's going to shrivel away. I have no idea why. I also noticed lately, I'm getting these little white bumps on my lip in the same area every morning. Don't tell me the bacteria is making it's way outside the mouth now! 8-[

Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:15 pm
by Larc400
Yeah people, don't be shy, your mothers weren't O:)

I totally agree it's a great idea to have something to focus on beside bb ... I also spend maybe half my time composing etc etc, solo & with others, without it I'd probably be a wreck by now.

'Brain fog' can be a result of bipolar disorder, depression etc, but I really don't think this is my case, as I feel more mentally stable than ever before. Anyway, we'll see, the doc's on the case. I sleep well, I xercise etc. Could be the old B12 deficiency still having effects, or other deficiency, could be blood-glucose related, could be a prob with circulation... If all these physical tests come out okay, I wouldn't rule out maybe a systemic connection with the bb problem .... that's why I'm curious if others have xperienced similar things...

Questions like 'do you feel tired' is kinda general though, so I'd like some more details from those who have responded. Please describe it.... mental/physical fatigue..? When is it better/worse..? etc etc 8)

Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:27 am
by hopeful
Look up hypothyroidism. My hair's been falling out like crazy for almost two years and my hands and feet are always freezing. Fatigue is also a big symptom for those that are hypo. Maybe worth looking into...My bb also got REALLY bad around the time the hair started coming out. Before that my breath was always manageable with gum...always.