Page 1 of 1

What have your dentists told you???

Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:13 pm
by Troy
Basically I've just returned from my dentist and even though he was incredibly understanding and quite a pleasant fellow, I felt he didn't know crap about what my problem could be!! He took a good look at my teeth, my gums, took a few x-rays and said he thinks a decaying filling i have is definatley not helping and told me he also wanted me to keep a diary on my diet for a few weeks to see if that could be causing a problem. He also said my breath wasn't as bad as i thought and that he'd smelled a lot worse.
He was great help (sarcasm).
I'm gonna have him fix my decaying filling and then go see a physician. I'm tired of this problem and I'm starting not to care of who knows any more. I don't want to be an 80 year old man with bb and look back and regret not having done all i could to solve my problem.

Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:22 am
by findacure
He told me he has never noticed anything...which is usual the answer they give...but his assstant has..she stands waaaaayyy back wen i visit and is always rubbing her nose..lol

Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:18 pm
by destined
It took every I had to even mention it to him. When he met with me he did not have a clue...I was very disappointed to say the least. I am thinking you are professional with over 20 year experience, and I knew I could not be the first person to have this problem. His answer was alcohol-free mouthwash with zinc and he printed off some pages from the internet.

I tried to mention this problem to my allergist and my general practioner and neither one had any real suggestions. I was annoyed by their dismissive responses. I felt all alone until I found this site.

Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:52 am
by thanatos
:-k

Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:37 am
by elliott
Dentists are a dime a dozen. If you aren't getting proper understanding, at least an acknowledge of the problem, find another one.

My dentists obviously has no answers, but at least they don't act stupid about it. They made suggestions the best they could, but it's out of their hands.