Thanks for the support...
Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:13 am
Hi guys,
I'm newly registered to this site but I have been brousing thru for a while now. It really helps to know that your not alone. I have had halitosis since I was a kid. I remember my best friend making jokes about being able to smell my breath over the phone. I come from a large family and I am the only one afflicted with this terrible condition. It can really ruin your life if you let it. The rejection alone is a killer, but for me the worse part is that no one really gets to know who you really are because you can't show your true personality to its fullest because of the fear of them smelling your breath. Also I really hate that they think that you don't know that you have the problem. Sometimes I detect a smurk on their faces like, (I know something you don't know). I am a very attractive person, I get stopped all the time where ever I go someone wants to give me a compliment and try to talk to me. I usually say I;m in a hurry and run off. It is hard because I like the attention but then I don't because I don't want them to find out about my breath. A lot of them think I'm stuck up I'm sure. I start a new job in two weeks and I'm dreading it, all that interaction with people and although they can see I am well groomed and clean, nice teeth, hair done, nails done. I'll get the look like "oh its just a hygiene problem why doesn't she go brush her teeth, floss, scrape her tongue" etc. That really pisses me off as though I don't already do that. Why would I just take care of everything else and just leave my mouth out?.. Wow, I really needed to vent, thanks for the shoulder.
[/i]
I'm newly registered to this site but I have been brousing thru for a while now. It really helps to know that your not alone. I have had halitosis since I was a kid. I remember my best friend making jokes about being able to smell my breath over the phone. I come from a large family and I am the only one afflicted with this terrible condition. It can really ruin your life if you let it. The rejection alone is a killer, but for me the worse part is that no one really gets to know who you really are because you can't show your true personality to its fullest because of the fear of them smelling your breath. Also I really hate that they think that you don't know that you have the problem. Sometimes I detect a smurk on their faces like, (I know something you don't know). I am a very attractive person, I get stopped all the time where ever I go someone wants to give me a compliment and try to talk to me. I usually say I;m in a hurry and run off. It is hard because I like the attention but then I don't because I don't want them to find out about my breath. A lot of them think I'm stuck up I'm sure. I start a new job in two weeks and I'm dreading it, all that interaction with people and although they can see I am well groomed and clean, nice teeth, hair done, nails done. I'll get the look like "oh its just a hygiene problem why doesn't she go brush her teeth, floss, scrape her tongue" etc. That really pisses me off as though I don't already do that. Why would I just take care of everything else and just leave my mouth out?.. Wow, I really needed to vent, thanks for the shoulder.