Page 1 of 1

Quick Remedy To Get Through The Day

Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:17 pm
by Need A Cure
Hi,

Does anyone have any quick remedies that help mask, or hide their BB momentarily to get through the day, or a date??? If so how long does it work for you, and what types of reactions (if any) do you get?

I use the nasal spray Simply Saline, and it takes about 5 to 10 minutes to kick in and works for about 15 to 45 minutes. I can't use it all the time at work fearing people might think i'm doing drugs. I also use Ice Breakers gum (it seems to be the only one that works for me), and I chew it in the back of my mouth. I have to wait for about 5 minutes for the flavor to run out, and I don't have the normal reactions of people covering their noses, or stepping back 15 feet to avoid the odor. The above isn't a cure, but it reduces the reactions I receive momentarily. They are also cheap fixes.

What does everyone else use?

Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:10 pm
by stridinglady
hi there,

I suck vitamin C chewable tablets, seems to give some relief.

x

Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:18 pm
by Eric
I'm going to try both of those. I think I'm also going to invest in a cheap nasal irrigation kit. Have any of you had good results from that?

Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:28 pm
by thanatos
My day is at least 12 hours long in terms of needing a clean mouth right away, but I just suck on sugarless sour candy to get the saliva flowing or Spry cinnamon gum.

Nothing really works well though

Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:30 pm
by mike987
I tried overdosing on vitmain c (many of us did) and it really didn't seem to help much.. We were looking at it as a cure though.

However, for simply stimulating salivary glands, vitamin c is great, and I'm sure it helps a small amount, comparable to drinking water often.




As for nasal irrigation, even if it doesn't work, I've already made it part of my routine. I do it first thing in the morning and before I go to bed.
I'm pretty sure it helps a little, even if your BB has nothing to do with your sinuses. I mean, mucus, just like saliva, is produced from your body.. If you have a toxin problem somewhere there's probably some yucky stuff hidden in there. Cleaning it out often is ideal and might actually be a health choice that even non BB people should do.

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:04 am
by tdonline
I use the Neilmed bottle for irrigation. I used to use the Grossan, but it broke down after about a year. It cost close to $100. The bottle cost $4 online and about $12 when bought at the store and it comes with saline packets. The bottle works just as well as the Grossan and it's much less of a hassle to clean and maintain.

I think irrigating helps a bit when it comes to stale breath from the nasal passageway. My nose gets really stuffy (and I've gotten sinus infections in the past) if I don't irrigate so I would do it anyway regardless of the BB issue. It doesn't help though if your BB comes from elsewhere.

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:02 am
by mike987
I think I've got a neilmed neti pot..

But I've been using seasalt for irrigation. It's only a buck fifty and lasts a really long time.