Page 1 of 1

Colonoscopy Findings?

Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:50 pm
by destined
In my constant search to get the root cause of my bb I solicited the support of my doctor. In addition to the bb i also suffer from anemia, high blood pressure etc... In January I had a EGD in effort to understand the anemia etc... This week I met with the specialist who felt the results were not conclusive and has scheduled me for a colonscopy next month.

A colonoscopy allows a doctor to look inside the entire large intestine. The procedure enables the physician to see things such as inflamed tissue, abnormal growths, and ulcers. It is most often used to look for early signs of cancer in the colon and rectum. It is also used to look for causes of unexplained changes in bowel habits and to evaluate symptoms like abdominal pain, rectal bleeding, and weight loss.

:?: I am wondering has anyone else had a colonscopy performed? Do you think the colonscopy results may lend a reason or cure for bb?

Of course I am nervous about the procedure but I also desparately looking for a cure or at least a deeper understanding of my bb. :roll:

Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:26 pm
by tdonline
I had a colonoscopy done over two years ago and came out with a clean bill of health. I was having bloody stools, due to Nexium and its side affects but retarded GI ordered a colonoscopy anyway "just to be safe". I told him that the bloody stools stopped as soon as I stopped taking Nexium.

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:09 am
by destined
Thanks for the response. I will post my finding if anything is discovered. My appointment is not until mid-April.

Believe me, I don't have a desire to be sick, I just want to get to the main issue of my bb. We have to stay prayerful that a cure will be discovered soon for all of us real soon.

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:35 pm
by ihatethebus
n'e 1 else had 1 of these done? 1t 2 rule out every source

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:36 pm
by ihatethebus
n'e 1 else had 1 of these done? 1t 2 rule out every source

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:49 pm
by rikki
I had one done in October because along with my bb, i also have a lot of bloating and bowel issues and it came back completely normal. I hope it goes well for you though.