THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Vinegar mouthwashing followed by eating yogurt

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
searching
Master
Posts: 262
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:48 pm
Gender:

Vinegar mouthwashing followed by eating yogurt

Post by searching »

I’ve recently tried the following steps with encouraging results. This is an extension of the tip provided by Nomad.

In the morning after regular brushing, flossing and tongue brushing, I’ve used a homemade mouthwash composed of about 1 or 2 tablespoons of white vinegar mixed with an equal amount of water.

1. I orally swirl about half of the solution for 10 to 20 seconds, contacting all surfaces of teeth, gums, and tongue, and then swallow the solution. I repeat this with the second half of the solution. Note: this mouthwash has a severe bite!
2. I then drink about 2 ounces of fresh water to chase down much of the remaining vinegar.
3. Next I eat a container, 6 to 8 ounces, of yogurt, in order to orally establish a new colony of acid-loving, non-offensive bacteria.

At night I repeat steps 1 & 2 above.

I’m unsure of the long-term effects on tooth enamel. My stomach and digestive system are responding well so far.
Larc400
God
Posts: 791
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:27 pm

Post by Larc400 »

Sounds like a good idea. Shame both the acid and the yoghurt* is bad for teeth, but it might be worth it! Maybe gargling would be enough? I'll try it too.

*I used to eat enormous amounts of yoghurt for about a year, and it was not good for my teeth...
john
Junior
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 8:09 pm

Post by john »

no more nasal irigation searching?
searching
Master
Posts: 262
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:48 pm
Gender:

Post by searching »

John,

Yes, still doing nasal irrigation. I'm also evaluating other approaches to see if there is a way to address cause rather than symptoms.
nomad
Total Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:57 pm

Post by nomad »

Searching---Sounds like a good idea! Using vinegar as a mouthwash, and also doing the yogurt thing. I didn't think of that.

I've been drinking one shot of apple vinegar in the morning and another at night. This and with nasal irrigation (stage 2), I noticed I am salivating more. And when I touch the back of my mouth and smell my finger, I am noticing less odor.

Hope your ideas continue to work!! Best of luck :)
elliott
God
Posts: 791
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:51 pm

Post by elliott »

Somehow I just have belief in searching's tips!

I have been adding a small amount of (white distilled) vinegar to my nasal rinse. So, now it's sea salt tiny bit hydro perox, tiny bit vinegar, tiny bit baking soda, and water.

I gargle the same mixture, but now I'm going to adjust the proportions of the gargle mix.

I also found Kefir, and I have 2 other types of yogurt, all with different cultures.... some I hadn't heard of before. Perhaps, we need to try ALL the possible cultures.
destined
Newbie
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:59 am

Post by destined »

I have been digesting 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (followed by a little water) after every meal for the last 5 days. I think it is making a difference but I am not sure. I may give the vinegar mouthwash a shot too. It makes sense and it a natural alternative. There has to be a homeopathetic solution to our problem. Nature usually offers balance to every issue you can imagine.
elliott
God
Posts: 791
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:51 pm

Post by elliott »

So, here are 3 normal yogurts...

Greek Probiotic Yogurt: S. Thermophilus, L. Bulgaricus, L. Acidophilus, Bifidus, L. Casei

Activia: S. Thermophilus, L. Bulgaricus, Bifiobacterium

DanActive: . Thermophilus, L. Bulgaricus, L. Casei

---

And now, here is...

KEFIR:Lifeway Kefir Probiotic: L. Casei, L. Lactis, L. Acidophilus, L. Plantarum, L. Rhanosus, S. Diacetylactis, S. Florentinus, B. Bacterum Longum, Leuconostoc Cremoris, B. Bacterium Breve

I think I feel something different after 3 days of chugging this stuff. Probably placebo, but I can't explain. Throat and mouth feel "lighter" ?

...
girlie girl
Advanced
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:44 pm
Location: United States

FYI

Post by girlie girl »

http://cureyourbadbreath.com/is-yogurt- ... ad-breath/

Just some info I found interesting.

I think I will try this.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗