THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Do colored drinks turn you tongue very colored?
Do colored drinks turn you tongue very colored?
I drank an orange Gatorade today and noticed that it turned my entire tongue bright orange and that for the next few hours as it wore off I could still spit up a lot of orange color. This gave me insight as to how bacteria filled my tongue actually is. I think the orange areas represented where there was bacterial overgrowth, typically white but it got dyed. I remember when I used to drink these types of things they would only turn the back part of my tongue a color and it wouldn't last very long. There are just too many damn bacteria, I think.
Re: Do colored drinks turn you tongue very colored?
Agreed.Eric wrote:I drank an orange Gatorade today and noticed that it turned my entire tongue bright orange and that for the next few hours as it wore off I could still spit up a lot of orange color. This gave me insight as to how bacteria filled my tongue actually is. I think the orange areas represented where there was bacterial overgrowth, typically white but it got dyed. I remember when I used to drink these types of things they would only turn the back part of my tongue a color and it wouldn't last very long. There are just too many damn bacteria, I think.
Milk makes my tongue Gooo whiiiiteeee.
One Day One Day....
Re: Do colored drinks turn you tongue very colored?
Eric wrote:I drank an orange Gatorade today and noticed that it turned my entire tongue bright orange and that for the next few hours as it wore off I could still spit up a lot of orange color. This gave me insight as to how bacteria filled my tongue actually is. I think the orange areas represented where there was bacterial overgrowth, typically white but it got dyed. I remember when I used to drink these types of things they would only turn the back part of my tongue a color and it wouldn't last very long. There are just too many damn bacteria, I think.
That sort of makes sense, though more basically, I think the color stays there longer because those areas have lots of taste buds, or the tongue hairs are denser or go deeper in those spots. When you were younger, your tongue was smoother, so maybe that's why you remember it not being as prevalent as it is now.
Though those areas are also more prone to bacteria overgrowth, so what you're saying is true too.
My tongue is pretty hairy, so this happens to me to when I eat something colored.
I'm tellin' ya, to those who haven't used the tongue brush, be prepared to see your tongue like you've never seen it before
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.