Your Email Address:

First Name:

Scientists find bug responsible for bad breath

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Lonely
Total Newbie

Scientists find bug responsible for bad breath

Post by Lonely »

Hi everyone,
I found an interesting article in Yahoo news that I felt I should share with you. It is about a new discovery about the culprit that causes chronic bad breath. May be it is better that I give you the key words and you can google and read the details for yourself. The key words are; Solobacterium Moorie and Dr. Violet I. Haraszthy.

Please read all that you come across and then let's discuss how we can aproach these scientists who are showing some interests in our condition (halitosis).

baguio
Advanced

Post by baguio »

Good find - wikipedia entry only updated today - so this is the latest info by all accounts. Could take forever but at least there are people out there that are working on unravelling the enigma that is BB.

Link
rmb

Post by rmb »

i read in the newspaper front page too,that solobacterium mooreis is the cause of chronic halitosis that they cannot find in normal breath.report said all the more than 30 people with chronic halitosis were positive from this bacteria.and none of the same number of people with normal breath.they are now looking for the cure.
rmb

Post by rmb »

this is one topic for the solobacterium moorei
http://www.iop.org/EJ/abstract/1752-7163/2/1/017002/[/url]
Bloorain
Advanced

Post by Bloorain »

This is so great that this research is actuall being done. I'm reading any and everything I can on it.
Ice
Advanced

Post by Ice »

so they found this bacteria on what people?

People that were instructed not to wash their teet in the morning so they can examine them why bb in normal people develops (morning breath)....

or were these 36 people, actually people who have HALITOSIS? meaning people like the ones that hang out on this site? what do u think, I think they examined "normal" people....anyway is anyone sending them emails? so far probably noone, so send them email, write here the contact email, number, we should offer ourselfs as "test bunnies" and not some people they get from adds in newspaper!....
Agree?
destined

Post by destined »

In the report I heard, they said that the study included people with chronic halistois. But I would not mind being one of the people that use for research.

I suggested on another post that we commission our own research/study on the topic.
sweets07
Advanced

Post by sweets07 »

hooray!

let's just hope they find the other bacteria that cause halitosis as well.

there has to be more then one type.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

Ice wrote:....anyway is anyone sending them emails? so far probably noone, so send them email, write here the contact email, number, we should offer ourselfs as "test bunnies" and not some people they get from adds in newspaper!....
Agree?
Get off your Southern-European ass and do it, instead of always talking about what you think people *should* be doing :P Set a good example, Ice-man 8)
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

They found this bug, but what did they present in the way of treatment? Well, the authors of the study concluded that they discovered that tongue brushing eliminates halitosis. Ugh. So the progress that has been made here is virtually zero.
Ice
Advanced

Post by Ice »

why is everyone here so hostile?...is there no other way u could have said that larc?
I don't have ""the time to look for contact info"" becaause I don't belive in their "discovery".as thanatos said what was their conclusion? tonque scraper... :D yes maybe for those people they tested, "normal" people, who just didn't brush their teeth that day!. our problem is much more deeper, If there is a bacteria it's in the digestive system. and has similar effect as TMAU. and not oral....but then again I could be wrong....And again what was the point of this conversation now?(between me and u?) absolutely nothing, because u arent looking for solutions, ure just looking for a reason to argue, or chit chat as they say....nothing personal, u aren't the only one here that does that....
No need for reply, I don't really care, because I don't know u, u don't know me, so lets just drop it ok. as someone allready said this is a support site,not discovery site for cures, I mean no scientist chat here really, just a bunch of people trying to solve a microbiological problem with no knowledge at all....axcept what we read on internet.....whish that would work in the real world.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

Don't take me seriously, I'm never serious O:)
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

Ice wrote: I don't have ""the time to look for contact info"" becaause I don't belive in their "discovery".as thanatos said what was their conclusion? tonque scraper... :D yes maybe for those people they tested, "normal" people, who just didn't brush their teeth that day!.
The reason of their conclusion (thootbrush twice a day with triclosan thoothpaste, and tongue scarper) is simply because Colgate paid this research, and, till the day when some real solution comes, that´s what Colgate sells so that´s what Colgate paid to this researchers to say. It´s just a Marketing move. They got a massive people target, and they are talking to them. They are not worried about real halithosis sufferers cause yet they don´t see us as a business that worths his time and money.
But if the research itself it´s right or if it´s just bullshit about the discovery of this bacteria, we cannot know now, I think the best way is to try to contact this researchers by our side and try to get a more deep or extend explanation of this research...

PD: Ice, if you agree with what i just said, you could send an email too, cause seems from your lasts posts that you ¨don´t have the time to do it¨ but seems that you wouldn´t mind that someone else do it for you. So, maybe you could send an email too if you think that more info would be usefull, as you seems to consider yourself a very intelligent person, maybe you´ll get the right answers....

On the other hand, i´m with destined: I think one of the best ways to hurry up the discovery of a posible cure is to try to see if we can get in contact with some researchers and see how much would cost to pay our own research based in our own members as tested persons....
Ice
Advanced

Post by Ice »

emmotional rescue, I agree with u, those that are looking over internet for info about articles allready should put contact info on the site, so we will contact them. As once I think Oceanside did, when we contacted Lavoris....And they allways responded to our, well at least my emails..
I will send an email just waiting for someone to put info on the site. ;) I probably could take an hour or two myself, but if people are allready looking into it, I was hoping someone will put it here on his own.
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

I'd like Anne Bosley or Gabriel to come here and verify this study. They have hundreds or thousands of records on hand of bacteria analysis that, if accurate, trumps this study due to the sheer volume of mouths assessed.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic