Page 1 of 1

are we getting closer to a cure....

Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:32 pm
by jiazzsy

Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:33 am
by Hal_1t0515
Solobacterium moorei, eh? So that's the culprit. I do hope that this research leads to a cure. I'd even take a vaccine for it if there was one available. It's good to see that someone is doing the research. I'm surprised the pharmaceutical companies aren't funding this research. They could make a fortune on a treatment, if it really worked. I think the problem is doctors aren't taught in medical school to treat halitosis like a chronic disease, which it is.

Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:48 am
by destined
I heard this story on the 11pm news last night. [-o< I was encouraged and I searched for it online first thing in the morning. I was not able to locate the information. Thanks for sharing the link! This will save me some time.

I think we should all contribute money towards a fund to support research efforts for finding a cure for BB. We all know that money motivates many and scientist & doctors are no different. Maybe we could even interview the candidates, check references, establish expectations and do what ever it takes until we locate the medical professional that we have full confidence in. Collectively members of this forum probably spend hundreds of dollars a year in hope for a cure. I know I would be willing to donate if we could commission a practioner that would work with us directly. I know that this idea is completely underdeveloped; however I just need to believe that help is out there for us. I can't stand feeling like a victim of BB and I really need to believe that we will conquer this challenge together (and soon)! :lol:

Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:34 am
by emotional rescue
destined wrote:I heard this story on the 11pm news last night. [-o< I was encouraged and I searched for it online first thing in the morning. I was not able to locate the information. Thanks for sharing the link! This will save me some time.

I think we should all contribute money towards a fund to support research efforts for finding a cure for BB. We all know that money motivates many and scientist & doctors are no different. Maybe we could even interview the candidates, check references, establish expectations and do what ever it takes until we locate the medical professional that we have full confidence in. Collectively members of this forum probably spend hundreds of dollars a year in hope for a cure. I know I would be willing to donate if we could commission a practioner that would work with us directly. I know that this idea is completely underdeveloped; however I just need to believe that help is out there for us. I can't stand feeling like a victim of BB and I really need to believe that we will conquer this challenge together (and soon)! :lol:
It would be great, how can we reach to the right candidates???

What if we offer money collaboration, or try to pay the research cost to that DR PASTER or some other that stopped his research due to lack of money?? maybe we can collect an apropiate amount....

Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:36 am
by elliott
I'm in.

Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:23 pm
by destined
I am sure Jimi may know of a few creditable organizations or research groups that may be a good place to start and they can refer us as needed. Or we can start with some of the people listed in the article from Reuter's Health or a microbiologist or another suggestion. The members of this forum appear to be really good internet researchers so I believe we may have a few leads to start with.